Postage costs refused

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my wife recently purchased a blouse online but returned it as it was too small and the seller did not have a larger size. Payment was made via PayPal.

She eventually received a refund but only for the cost of the blouse and not the original delivery cost of £4.99. She has contacted the company who have said that returns do not qualify for a refund of the delivery charge.

I was under the impression that distance selling entitled you to the refund of this charge.

Thank you.

Was This ebay. I ask as they wanted to charge me for a item that did not fot few weeks ago and l refused to pay it as the law says u should not. Anyway they call it buyers remorse under there policy. As in you regret buying the item. I pointed out that the law does not state this and the law is above policy. They have disagreed. 

I now mark everything as not described or another free returns 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

WWW.WHICH.CO.UK

If you bought goods online, the Consumer Contracts Regulations - which replaced the Distance Selling Regulations - give you additional rights to return an item.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thank you for that. However, the rules seem contradictory as follows:

(1) The trader must reimburse all payments, other than payments for delivery, received from the consumer, subject to paragraph (10).

(2) The trader must reimburse any payment for delivery received from the consumer, unless the consumer expressly chose a kind of delivery costing more than the least expensive common and generally acceptable kind of delivery offered by the trader.

As I read that, section (1) says they don't have to reimburse the delivery costs but section (2) says they do.

I am confused :-)

Yep l.know.how u feel.

• 2 weeks later...

I have asked Wallis twice now to refund the outward delivery charge but they have refused stating that as a third party delivered the goods they don't have to refund the cost. I'm assuming they mean Royal Mail as the third party.

That has to be one of the most ridiculous excuses going in my opinion. I know it's only £4.99 but how many other people have they refused refunds to I wonder.

Onwards and upwards. I may even consider a small claims court summons for this, do you think I'd win?