Bought something online parts missing

Sem
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i bought some computer equipment from an online store and it appears some accessories are missing.

i bought the items on Tuesday and then received them on Wednesday

i opened to check if they where the correct items and all seemed ok.

Since what i ordered would take a long time to install and i work during the week i waited till Saturday before i attempted to assemble the system

that's when i realized that a small but important bracket was missing i checked the packaging and its 100% not there.

I then contacted them and they said since 48 hours have passed since i received the item there is nothing they can do

I'm sure what there doing is not right

what can i do?

thanks

Write to them (recorded delivery) giving them 14 days to supply the missing part or you will seek full reimbursment through legal channels. If after 14 days they haven't supplied the part/refunded you send LBA giving 7 days and then court.

You're covered by SOG act as long as the part is usually included/mentioned in the advert - apart from this distance selling regs state you have 7 working days to reject the goods as long as the company has provided you with their name, address, price, description etc (if they miss these and some others then its up to 3 months, I think). If the company hasn't specifically stated how goods are to be returned it is at THEIR expense. The seller has to issue a refund within 30 days of the buyer canceling the contract irrelevant of wether they have the goods - you only have to make them available to the seller if they don't specify you have to return them.

The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations give consumers seven working days, starting the day after delivery, in which to cancel the contract and return the item in the same condition they received it.

As said, if the company does not specify who is responsible for the return costs, then they are responsible for this.

If they have not given you 7 days to cancel (see their terms and conditions on the website to see if it's there), then the cancellation period is extended to a maximum of 3 months and 7 days.

If they give you written cancellation rights (letter or email) at any time during this period, the 7 days begin from the day after you receive this correspondence.

There are exceptions to these Regulations though, which can include software which has been taken out of its packaging.

Aside from this, though, you have a claim as they are in straightforward breach of contract by not supplying you with the full order.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.