Royal Mail Ebay parcel not moved

The GodMother
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am returning another pair of Shoes that were described as Wide fitting are not. 

Royal mail accepted the parcel last Wednesday at my local delivery office, DO, but its not moved since. They had no problems scanning the parcel. I have been to the DO and they say if the parcel was taken by them then it will have been sent on. They are going to look in the DO and if they find it move it on. 

Ebay has said well erm not much we can do we can see you have sent it but you cant have a refund until the seller gets it back. They have said l might not get my refund if they dont get it back. 

I know l need to wait 21 days but where do l stand with getting my refund if the parcel cant be found. The postage was paid on account that RM say was ebay, ebay say it was not them but the seller. Have yet to speak to seller as going to wait and see if the parcel moves tonight before going to seller. 

On Friday l returned a different pair of Shoes to a different ebay seller Dorothy Perkins who received them today. Posted from same place just several hours before. Full tracking no issues. 

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

At the moment Royal Mail are having serious problems with staff getting 'Pinged' and a long with holidays, this is causing a massive backlog and hopefully in the next couple of days with the new rules things will start moving along with your parcel.

Did you not notice that l posted another parcel back from the same place and that was received with full tracking history Yesterday. 

This is 48 hours after the one that is missing. Even RM does not understand why this has happened. 

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Yes I did notice and different time of posting and would probably be different sorting office it would be going to.

RM don't class a parcel lost until 10 working days, then you can send all the details into them via their online portal

I know the rules l have family in Royal mail. Also its actually 21 days they class it as lost. 

No it would not be going to a different sorting office as the local sorting office it was posted at only feeds to the main Sorting office in Norwich. I have checked this and as that is the main one its the only one. 

There is no need to be rude, just trying to help.

It would be drop off at your local sorting office then sent on to different one.

If you know all the rules why are you coming on here for advice?

Royal Mail web site: 

"Compensation Arrangements

Compensation for loss will not be considered for an item that Royal Mail has not delivered or attempted to deliver until after

10 working days for items other than Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm® (not posted on account), or

5 working days for Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm® (not posted on account) have elapsed from the due date of delivery, unless there is evidence to the contrary to demonstrate that the item has not been lost. Where an item is safely delivered after the 10 working days or 5 working days in the case of Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed®) the customer will be entitled to claim compensation for delay but not for loss."

Just pointing out where your wrong not being rude. 

The 21 days information is what royal mail has told me. Based on the tracking and number. This is due to current Covid issues. 

Had you read what l have put, based on your reply you have not, I asked what my right are regarding a parcel that cant be found. Especially as Ebay has stated that l might not get my refund if the seller dont get the item back. 

I did read it and put that you would need to claim via the Royal Mail Portal as they have a part on there for return parcels.

But you have until next Wednesday which is plenty of time for you parcel to arrive.

And I was not wrong what I put is on their website and you can go and check if you wish

I have done l checked yesterday. Pointed it out to them but they said rules have changed. I cant put a claim in as l did not pay postage, As l said. 

My contract is with The ebay seller but ebay have said l might not get a refund if the Seller dont get it back. Hence why l wanted to know what my rights on this are. 

I have messaged the seller but l wanted to know where l stood legally as l want to get my money back but not have to much of a argument 

Still no movement on the parcel. Still nothing from ebay but saying l might not get my refund and the seller has said tough poo if l dont get it back no refund. 

Been back to sorting office they said its not there and has been moved on to Norwich. I posted 3 parcels from the office on Monday and they have all reached the location 2 today and they have moved just seems to be this one