Centrica/CST Ordinary Cause Court Claim - £9k Training Bond 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 944 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there

looking for some advice as my solicitor has been pretty useless...

i used to work for british gas in 2017 and left in 2017 due to health reasons,  within my employment it stated there was a training bond if i was to leave early within the 3 years.

i got a letter 2 months ago from a debt recovery company in Sheffield called CST law, i ignored it as was advised by solicitor and now i have been cited to a court in Sheffield to reclaim a training bond of £9000

My solicitor said he wasn't equipped nor can he practice scots law in England?

Is there anyone out there can help?

My solicitor did write back to the county court and CST law 3 weeks ago but nothing has came  back yet

im constantly on edge about this and is ripping me apart as cannot afford this.

I live in Scotland and also worked in scotland at the time

any help appreciated and i can give more info if needed

please complete this:

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

clickme

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

name the issuing court: sheffield county court

Who Is The Claimant:  Centrica PLC

Who Are the Solicitors:   CST law

What type of action? Dont know

What is the claim for – Overpayment of salary/or expenses

type out ALL the text [minus pers details] [D4 BOX SPR FORM] or [Condescendence from Writ]

NOTE THE EXACT WORDING IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO YOUR CASE SO GET IT RIGHT.

date of raised claim [or court stamp date from writ or date from ] :- solicitor still has paperwork but rceived court citation 27th july

Last Date Of Service [or from form 07]:- left british gas 24th aug 2017

Last Date For Response [or from form 07]:- dont know

What Documents are listed in Box E2:[or in your form requesting the same?]

Is the claim for ......an Overdraft, credit card, loan account, HP Agreement, Catalogue or mobile phone debt? :- NO

BOX D4 what has the claimant stated: IN FULL

Date of Agreement: – not too sure what agreement you mean? I started with BG on 21oct 2016
Reference Number: – is this the original creditors account number? (y/n) dont have ref number

how many digits does it have?
Unpaid balance: - 

BOX D5 what has the claimant stated: IN FULL or [Pleas in law from the writ]

we are instructed on behalf of centrica plc to recover a debt owed by you in the sum of GBP 8887.30, a copy of our clients statement of account can be provided by request

…..

from your knowledge: answer the following:

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? after

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.:- think so yes

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? no

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? no

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? for the first year i left i had several and now nothing for 3 years

When was you last payment:- august 2017

Why did you cease payments:- n/a

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? no

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? no

What you need to do now.

Copy and past the above on your own thread with your own answers attached.

You are resident in Scotland so this will be an ordinary cause claim, you had a date to pay a fee and state you intend to file a defence.

if you have read the threads in the other link, you will find as you left within 1yrs,  you are liable for the full £9k training fee. Did you sign the training agreement at the 1st session?

Have you spoken to centrica yet? You should! And did you tell and did they agree to you leaving due to ill health reasons?

and they

hi thanks for response

i signed my contract but it stated upon completion of your qualification certification framework (QCF) training fees apply, 

i never finished my training, halfway through to be precise, that tells me, even if you worked a week and left you'd still have to pay? surely not?

Offered to pay half to them over the phone in August 2017 when i left but they didnt accept over telephone.  i told my manager at the time regarding my issues and he said to leave as you wont be eligible to pay fee back as you havent finished training and if you go sick you wont get paid any sick leave and i needed to find something else to keep my family supported.

Since ive left i have medical proof of my illness which shows that doing the job is absolutely impossible  i did the right thing

Edited by dx100uk
Format

Sadly then the manager as far as i'm aware seems to have lied to you, reading the contract some else has put up already.

your only chance is to argue you didnt work there for long enough to even complete the full training.

id go ring centrica and plead/offer £pcm as payment toward part training received due to ill health advice to leave by their manager, IF they drop the claim totally

have you responded to the court re defence and paid the fee?

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Centrica/CST Ordinary Cause Court Claim - £9k Training Bond 'debt'

hi there, thanks for reply,

My solicitor sent back the paperwork to the courthouse ticking the box that you contest the debt/challenge or something along those lines, is it worth calling them today do you think and explain? doy uo have the number to call them for there debt department?

thanks

well find out exactly what he did write please and get all the court claim paperwork back, did he pay the fee too?

go read those other centrica threads i pointed you too, and go ring centrica ask for the debt collection  or litigation dept.

and they

22 hours ago, Scotishlad said:

i got a letter 2 months ago from a debt recovery company in Sheffield called CST law, i ignored it as was advised by solicitor and now i have been cited to a court in Sheffield to reclaim a training bond of £900

Have proceedings actually been raised in Scotland?

On 16/08/2021 at 19:01, Scotishlad said:

name the issuing court: sheffield county court

Who Is The Claimant:  Centrica PLC

Who Are the Solicitors:   CST law

What type of action? Dont know

What is the claim for – Overpayment of salary/or expenses

type out ALL the text [minus pers details] [D4 BOX SPR FORM] or [Condescendence from Writ]

NOTE THE EXACT WORDING IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO YOUR CASE SO GET IT RIGHT.

date of raised claim [or court stamp date from writ or date from ] :- solicitor still has paperwork but rceived court citation 27th july

Last Date Of Service [or from form 07]:- left british gas 24th aug 2017

Last Date For Response [or from form 07]:- dont know

What Documents are listed in Box E2:[or in your form requesting the same?]

Is the claim for ......an Overdraft, credit card, loan account, HP Agreement, Catalogue or mobile phone debt? :- NO

BOX D4 what has the claimant stated: IN FULL

Date of Agreement: – not too sure what agreement you mean? I started with BG on 21oct 2016
Reference Number: – is this the original creditors account number? (y/n) dont have ref number

how many digits does it have?
Unpaid balance: - 

BOX D5 what has the claimant stated: IN FULL or [Pleas in law from the writ]

we are instructed on behalf of centrica plc to recover a debt owed by you in the sum of GBP 8887.30, a copy of our clients statement of account can be provided by request

…..

from your knowledge: answer the following:

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? after

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.:- think so yes

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? no

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? no

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? for the first year i left i had several and now nothing for 3 years

When was you last payment:- august 2017

Why did you cease payments:- n/a

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? no

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? no

What you need to do now.

Copy and past the above on your own thread with your own answers attached.

no sheffield court if you read this earlier...

and they

Please see attached what my solicitor sent to the court and CST law,  my solicitor has just instructed me he cannot help due to jurisdiction..

I am going to call the court tomorrow to see what they say as heard nothing back in over 3 weeks since we responded challenging the claim.

another one of my ex colleagues who was in the same training course just got the exact same thing though as well so centrica are obviously doing the rounds.

Any thoughts on what i should do?

phone centrica too?

if i was to do that and offer half of the money , wouldn't that be recorded and also an admission of guilt on my behalf?

CST Law.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
docs now PDF

last posts DOCS upload redacted and sorted for you to one PDF...i can see what has happened here and your solicitor has done good.

i will guess as its sheffield county court you got an N1 claimform pack from northants bulk NOT an ordinary cause pack from a scottish court?

please don't contact the court yet.

and they