Br4ndy Vs HSBC ....

Br4ndyb00b00
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all... been reading through the forums in here and i gotta say, all looks very promising. Still worried about doing it (as i'm sure you all were!) but i have decided to go for it...

Just been adding up my charges from 6 years ago using internet banking...

2904 pounds!

Did anyone else find this bit confusing!?!? I found that hsbc's charges seem very inconsistent, and i dont really make much sense of them...

Total Charges for 15th April

Unpaid Item

Recall of S-O/D-D

Interest

Card Misuse

I understand what they mean, but it was the amounts that confused me... ranged from 30 to 18.

In one statement they charged 16 pound for a reversall, then three days later charged 30 pound for another reversal.

Its the interest one i'm not sure if i should add or not (its small amount anyway).

Anyway... am i right in saying i just add these up and begin to play around and read up on using the spreadsheets?

Thanks in advance for any help... its much appreciated

Br4ndy VS HSBC

11th Dec - Prelim sent for 2907.42

29th Dec - LBA sent

12th Jan - Offer Recieved 2,500

15th Jan - Offer accepted :D

MyWife vs HSBC

5th Jan - Prelim sent for 1653.23

20th Jan - LBA Sent

7th Feb - Offer Recieved 1,350

8th Feb - Offer accepted :D

ahh, i see... i have to work out the proportion of the interest that is a result of the charges!

OK... but the rest of them are ok yea?

Cheers

Br4ndy VS HSBC

29th Dec - LBA sent

MyWife vs HSBC

20th Jan - LBA Sent

crikey, i can see i will need a lot of help with all this!!

Just looking through the spreadsheets! Not sure which one to use...

I want to work out the interest accrued from the charges and add to claim, then use the 8% if it went to court...

Any suggestions? or am i getting this all wrong!

Br4ndy VS HSBC

29th Dec - LBA sent

MyWife vs HSBC

20th Jan - LBA Sent

hello brandy... it seems i was in the same predicament before as you are now... anyway.. lateralus was able to make me understand it better... i hope you'd visit my thread- "honeygie sees you hsbc", and i think it is in post no.9 that lateralus explained the whole thing to me.. there is also a suggestion of which spreadsheet to use.. goodluck.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]S.A.R. sent 30 October-reply received 10 november[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Prelim letter sent 28 november- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]LBA sent 13 december- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]MCOL filed 30 december- issued 02/01/07[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]loveletter from colin received 02/01/07-saying will get in touch on feb 9[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]acknowledged claim on 4 jan- has until 1 feb to defend.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]defence entered 31 jan 2007[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]offer received 1-2-2007... still waiting for the moolah though:cool: ...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]and moolah arrives 1-march 2007!!! Praise the Lord!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks for the advice honiegie and bong...

Ok, i have started entering my charges and interest into the spreadsheet, and all is working fine... i'm just a little concerned about the 'Interst Free Overdraft' column... can anyone shed some light onto this for me?

Is it required? if it is, how can i find out what my overdraft limit was? i know it has fluctuated between 100pound and 500pound... but god knows when it actually changed... and not sure if it was interest free!

Any help much appreciated!

Br4ndy VS HSBC

29th Dec - LBA sent

MyWife vs HSBC

20th Jan - LBA Sent

you only fill in that column if your overdraft was interest free, - leave it blank otherwise. to find out if it was interest free (which is unusual) simply look back to see if you were charged interest when you were in overdraft but within your overdraft limit.

thats the problem bong... it doesnt show on my statements what my agreed overdraft was at any time.

Will it do any harm if i just leave the column blank... ?

Br4ndy VS HSBC

29th Dec - LBA sent

MyWife vs HSBC

20th Jan - LBA Sent

are you sure? - on my hsbc statement, at the top right there is an account summary in a grey box. it tells you opening balance, total payments in, total payments out, closing balance and overdraft limit.

definately doesnt here... but i got my statements printed from online banking... i didnt send off for them... is that wht you done?

Br4ndy VS HSBC

29th Dec - LBA sent

MyWife vs HSBC

20th Jan - LBA Sent

ok - go online - click on the account number you want to view (as normal) - then from the menu on the left hand side click on 'Account Details' (not the one that says My Details) see if that works

ok tried that... it just ives you your current account details... i tried looking at an old statement from 2002 then clicking account details, but it still showed my account details as of today...

Another question... Going through my charges i noticed a couple i am unsure if i charge back...

Foreign CHQ Negotiated (i was cashing in canadian checks)

Temporary Limit Fee (when i asked for a temporary overdraft facility)

I havent added these onto the spreadsheet, as i belive these are deemed as a service to me which i thuink i read somewhere cannot be charged back... just want to double check...

Br4ndy VS HSBC

29th Dec - LBA sent

MyWife vs HSBC

20th Jan - LBA Sent

ok tried that... it just ives you your current account details... i tried looking at an old statement from 2002 then clicking account details, but it still showed my account details as of today...

Another question... Going through my charges i noticed a couple i am unsure if i charge back...

Foreign CHQ Negotiated (i was cashing in canadian checks)

Temporary Limit Fee (when i asked for a temporary overdraft facility)

I havent added these onto the spreadsheet, as i belive these are deemed as a service to me which i thuink i read somewhere cannot be charged back... just want to double check...

you're correct - those would not be reclaimable.

thinking about it from what you've posted above - was your overdraft a temporary facility? maybe thats why it's not showing up on your account details. check again - does it not have an overdraft limit at the bottom? I'd say it looks like you don't have one at present if its not there.

At present, i definately do not have an overdraft facility... but 6 years ago i think i did, i just do not know how much it was for.

At one point in 2003 i think i had 500 pound, but they soon stopped that and then went down to 100. Since then and now, it has changed yet again.

I di once have a temporary overdraft for one month to 'stop charges' but looking at my spreadsheet, that probably didnt happen!

I have completed the spreadsheet now and am ready for the prelim letter (assuming i can sort out this overdraft problem). Would you advise me to apply for my SAR as well? also, having a problem finding the addres to apply for SAR, i used the link from this site, but do not know what to search for, i searched for hsbc but it came up with more than 100

Br4ndy VS HSBC

29th Dec - LBA sent

MyWife vs HSBC

20th Jan - LBA Sent

bong, i never understood that column about interest free o/d. i get it now. ok if i use that in my "spreadsheet for beginners " i keep sending out? thankx

also, bong, can't find the other person who was asking about that new charge. so ex pect more queries probably.

anyone help please???

Really wanted to get this prelim letter off tomorrow!

Would it be ok to delete the overdraft column in th spreadsheet and see what the bank replies? if they query it then i will have to redo the spreadsheet. I will apply for SAR too (if i can find the correct address and who to make the cheque payable to)

Br4ndy VS HSBC

29th Dec - LBA sent

MyWife vs HSBC

20th Jan - LBA Sent

At present, i definately do not have an overdraft facility... but 6 years ago i think i did, i just do not know how much it was for.

At one point in 2003 i think i had 500 pound, but they soon stopped that and then went down to 100. Since then and now, it has changed yet again.

I di once have a temporary overdraft for one month to 'stop charges' but looking at my spreadsheet, that probably didnt happen!

I have completed the spreadsheet now and am ready for the prelim letter (assuming i can sort out this overdraft problem). Would you advise me to apply for my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) as well? also, having a problem finding the addres to apply for S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), i used the link from this site, but do not know what to search for, i searched for hsbc but it came up with more than 100

that's why it wasn't there then. I'd advise you to leave the column blank. the bank will soon shout if you had an interest free overdraft but it would be unusual.

if you've got all your statements then no need for the SAR. However look at the SAR letter and use the paragraph in it that asks for details of manual intervention in your preliminary letter. send the letters to

Haven't done an SAR myself but would have thought you could send it to

Data Controller

HSBC Bank plc

8 Canada Square

London E14 5HQ

cheque made out to HSBC Bank plc

ok, thanks for the help guys... i will be sending prlim letter tomorrow!

Only other thing i am unsure about is how the time period is worked out...

i know i give 14 days for a response to the prelim, but i also read somewhere i give 5 days delivery or something...

if i send tomorrow 10th Dec, do i give them untill 24th to respond or 29th?

also, what about christmas period? should i not include christms day/ boxing day, etc?

Br4ndy VS HSBC

29th Dec - LBA sent

MyWife vs HSBC

20th Jan - LBA Sent

by the way, sending prelim to the canada square address.. correctme if im wrong!

cheers

Br4ndy VS HSBC

29th Dec - LBA sent

MyWife vs HSBC

20th Jan - LBA Sent

send it tomorrow - to the canada sq address is fine - send it recorded delivery, always. then count 14 days, then you send your lba. it's 14 days to the lba then 14 days later you file your claim. (that 5 day thing is related to the court serving your claim to the bank - it will come up in - oh, say, about 28 days! don't expect to hear anything from them - most people don't hear anything until they file their claim.

• 3 weeks later...

Well suprise suprise... NO reply from HSBC regarding my Prelim letter... Just printed LBA and sending it via recorded delivery today along with my schedule...

The clock is ticking hsbc!

Br4ndy VS HSBC

29th Dec - LBA sent

MyWife vs HSBC

20th Jan - LBA Sent

WOW... I have recieved a letter!!!!

Very polite one too from Mr Langdale!

Thankyou for you letter dated... blah blah blah...

I will contact you again by 08 February 2007 with a full response... blah blah blah

In the meantime, thankyou for you patience... blah blah blah!!!

Patience??? what patience... i want whats mine, and i want it now!

I read a few other posts in this great forum, and looks like a standard letter most others are getting... Well my LBA was sent on 29th Dec 06, so that gives him untill 13thJan07 (i think).

Should i just stick to my deadline and continue with MCOL on that date? Or send a reply saying i am going to do this?

its taken him just under one month to reply to my prelim letter, so do i expect he hasnt read the LBA yet?

Also, i have been given a customer reference number, would it be wise to use this on any letters i do send now?

Thanks in advance....

Br4ndy VS HSBC

29th Dec - LBA sent

MyWife vs HSBC

20th Jan - LBA Sent

Sorry guys... just found the answer i was looking for on another thread...

Quote:

Originally Posted by lateralus viewpost.gif

i've now copied this to keep from repeating myself so much:

TO EVERYBODY WHO HAS RECEIVED A LETTER FROM THE GOOD COLIN.................... .

STICK TO YOUR ORIGINAL TIMETABLE -

if he can get a couple of dozen (hundred - thousand) to hold off til he looks into it - what a vision that gives us...........

he's buying time - your time - your money...................

IGNORE THE STALLING TACTICS!

Cheers lateralus

Another question though... My mum had a load of problems with bank charges over the years, but she got so badly into debt after her business went down, she has recently done an IVA, and her bank account was closed... is there any possibility she can still claim?

Br4ndy VS HSBC

29th Dec - LBA sent

MyWife vs HSBC

20th Jan - LBA Sent

anyone?

Br4ndy VS HSBC

29th Dec - LBA sent

MyWife vs HSBC

20th Jan - LBA Sent

OFFER RECEIVED!!!

Well had a nice offer through the post of 2,500 quid! original claim is 2,907.42.

From reading the forum, i know this is a standard letter from mr Langdale... but its a massive offer... 86%!

With my current circumstances (having about 40 pence to last till monday, then paying every last penny of my wages on bills i missed over christmas) i am extremely tempted to accept... the letter says io ill be credited within 7 working days, and god i need it!

Anyway, i am due to do MCOL on sunday... i know the right thing to do is accept the offer as part payment and continue with the schedule.

But, i am swaying towards accepting this. I have two other claims against hsbc at the moment, and i promise to take them both all the way, but i could really do with this cash ASAP.

If i decide to accept, do i just send the acceptance form back and leave it at that?

Or... do i continue with the schedule untill i recieve funds?

Also, is it out of the ordinary to get an offer before MCOL?

Cheers...

PS. I just phoned evryone that doubted me when i said i was gonna try this, and its persuaded them to do the same. They will soon be getting the money thats rightfully theirs too.

Br4ndy VS HSBC

29th Dec - LBA sent

MyWife vs HSBC

20th Jan - LBA Sent