HMRC asking for rebate back - Fast Tax Rebates Ltd scam

BradX

No Probs Brad,

HMRC have to apply for the Strike Out - they can't apply one themselves. It will be considered by the First Tier Tribunal of the Courts Service.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Brad, I assume you received this communication from the Court Service but please confirm exactly.

You said earlier, " HMRC have applied to have your appeal struck out, copy enclosed, " - Can you please let us see the copy of HMRC's Application.

I'm not sure yet if a written submission is best, as opposed to a video hearing, or a face to face hearing. 

We first need to see what you've received ...........

• Like 1

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Brad,

Go through the submissions made by Dixon and Schipoo. Tailor your submission to the court to reflect your own case and the points that HMRC have made against your appeal.

Stick to the deadline to submit to the court and to HMRC.

Hi Slick,

can I use the example from schipoos  case?

11. I draw attention to 2 other Tribunal case rulings made in April 2022 regarding the same type of fraudulently claimed EIS relief.

12. McCumiskey v HMRC (12th April 2022) in which the Appellant’s appeal against discovery assessments was allowed. The Ruling noted it was unlikely the Appellant was in a position to make large investments in an EIS scheme, given his modest income.

13. Huntley V HMRC allowed the Applicant’s late appeal against discovery assessments, allowing him to join group litigation action with 9 other Appellants. This group action concerns fraudulent EIS claims made in circumstances very similar to my own, where little regard was made by HMRC as to the taxpayer’s ability to invest large sums in risky EIS schemes.

14. I am grateful to Judge Vos for his comments in para. 12 of his Ruling on 22nd April. If this Application is successful I have already spoken to the tax advisory firm acting for Huntley and others to see if I may join the group litigation.

15. I am grateful to the FTT for considering this Application.

Hi Brad,

Para 14 relates specifically to Schipoo's case so you omit that but use para 15, ne-numbered to 14, of course.

Just make sure all that you use is relevant to YOUR case and not simply copied from other threads.

Hi, 

Thank you, I’ve re-wrote it all to my case. It was just that example. I think the para 14 confused me as I didn’t know if it was about the case above or specific to schipoo’s.

Thank you 

If you'd read Schipoo's thread, a PDF was posted on 24th May - it was the FTT's decision dated 22/4/22 to Strike Out Schipoo's appeal and included the comments of Judge Vos.

After Schipoo lodged an objection, HMRC agreed to NOT object to the appeal being re-instated.

• Thanks 1