New boy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi! As instructed I am just saying hello because I am new here. The site was recommended by a friend, and so far I am impressed.

I had some 'fun' with the Bank of Ireland a long time ago and ended up losing my house in 1992. I don't have my mortgage statements any more but I think I might have kept a note of the account number somewhere. My friend tells me I can request details using one of your systems.

Does anyone think I will have paid 'illegal' fees on my mortgage please? I stopped repaying the mortgage in the end, because I couldn't afford it, and sent the keys to the bank. A big loss was made on the repossession which I am still repaying!

Please don't think that I am now destitute - I have completely recovered from the trauma!

Looking forward to hearing from you.:)

I am not sure what you mean by illegal fees. What exactly where you charged for? Where they penalties for not paying? We don't have systems bt this is a self help site. I would suggest having a read of the FAQs and self help material and doing a search on the site for mortgages to see what information is on here.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

What I mean by 'illegal' fees is any that I might be able to get back! I am guessing that all sorts of charges were added after I stopped paying, but I have never seen any documentary evidence.

Are there standard letters for asking lenders for detailed statements from long ago on this site?

Thanks for your help. I will read the FAQs as you suggest.

Your biggest obstacle will be the statute of limitations which limit claims to the last six years. Beyond that it is statute barred.

To claim that far back you would have to stand up in court and prove that the bank broke the law and then deliberately concealed the fact from you.

Not an easy task. :Cry:

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thanks Rooster, never mind it will save me a lot of bother to forget about that one.

I do have another issue, with Nationwide's charges on a recently closed account, so I will be looking at that now!

Thanks again.