• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Darling 2 takes on the TSB**won**

darling1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Darling

Hope you dont mind me tagging on? I am claiming just over £10000 from Lloydstsb too so am very interested. I am at the point of filing claim with court.

Want to wish you the very best, i will be right with you!!!

Martinengo[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hope todays the day and you don't have to go to the court tomorrow. I will be keeping my fingers crossed all day for you sue

good luck.

Pen

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

THank you all. We are feeling very worried, even though nothing can be won or lost tomorrow, we have tried to prepare, But are not sure that we are up to Judges and their clever ways - if you know what I mean, But will let you all know asap when we get back, GULP:o.

Hi Pen - missed you:p

Darling1

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...

Hi Sue, glad someone does. if they are there tomorrow give them what for, only if they are smaller though otherwise stand on a chair and give them a clowt from all of us.

get in touch as soon as you get back, i will keep my computor on all day waiting to hear what happend.

Go Get Em

Pen

oh hows hubbies homework going, hope he does not come down with a sore throat. if he does throttle it.

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

Thanks for that Pen!........I'm sure the OH will apreciate that!! Also happy to keep you happy Lorraine!!! Keep up with it all and hopefully we will also be laughing by this time tomorrow, or if not we will at least know what the future holds and then we can plan what to do next, all this time waiting around is really boring and stressfull, I manage to keep a smile on my face by thinking about all the interest they are racking up!! So my claim should be considerably bigger by the time it is sorted!

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

I'VE WON...........I'VE WON............I'VE WON.................I'VE WON..........

I'VE WON ..........I'VE WON............I'VE WON.............I'VE WON...etc..etc

well actually, I have done all the work and the OH has won :o , Oh well whats mine is his (the bills) and whats his is mine!!!!.....:rolleyes: He just looked at his online bank statement this evening about 10 mins ago and there it was! He just said "would you believe it" I on the other hand shouted whooooooo!! and have done 20 laps of the house!

They ahve sent £335 more than I originally claimed on the N1 and that just about covers the extra interest that they owed after that date and the £100. aq fee....But if its a few quid short - we are not going to argue anymore over it.

No correspondance from them yet, but will let you know what happens - don't actually care anyway now!

I assume that I should write to the court and deliver it first thing to the court office, problem is that the court office opens at 10 and the case was to be heard at 10. we shall have to go down, and hand in the letter, hope the Judge doesn't still need to see us!

ITS OVER HORRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

THANK YOU TO YOU ALL ESPECIALLY.. GARYH, GUIDO, AND MY OLD MATE PEN FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE, COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU ALL.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX DARLING1 :p

Will try and make a donation to the BAG right now!!

FAN-BLOOMIN-TASTIC!!!!!!:D

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

And to think he ever doubted you! Tut, tut...:razz:;)

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

In the most read thread and the longest in CAG history it would seem, it gives me great pleasure to say

THANK GOD FOR THAT!!!

MANY CONGRATULATIONS.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Many CONGRATULATINS

well deserved :D :D

MY CASE

Newbody Vs Abbey

NB: Please read the FAQs & step-by-step instructions thoroughly & completely before commencing any action

the following is a link to a web archive of abbey websites over the time click on month under year to access Abbey's site for that time period to get what the terms and conditions were for when you opened your account Internet Archive Wayback Machine hope it helps or here for where i have started to pull them out to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/91707-archives-abbeys-web-pages.html

Advice & opinions given by me are my views or how i would respond, and are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group & are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions & actions are your own - if in any doubt, seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Hi Ho Hi Ho, its off to disney you will go. get it all book and paid for and enjoy it. leave him of little faith to do the house work. oh no its hi money, why do i keep forgetting, i am so proud of you you deserve it all and so glad you stuck to your guns with the CI thing. what am I going to do now I have lost a friend. you will have to join Gary and the gang and advice me now your joined the experts oh "great one".

CONGRATULATIONS SUE

sending you all my love

Pen xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

cases won

Thankyou all for your lovely comments,I could not have done it without all the support and advice, but we are thrilled with the outcome,

Off to court now, as we had a prellim at 10.am, so had better turn up and deliver the letter telling them of our success! - Better keep the courts happy, don't want to upset them at this stage! still have two other cases to settle yet! and have yet to look at all my cc charges!!! - Think we will still be needing the court and this formum for a while yet!! :razz:

Are off to town to pay off our debts, you have no idea how good that will feel, then we may be able to squeeze a little holiday out of the remainder!!!:p :p :p YES!!!!

Sue (Darling1)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Went to court today at 5 to 10 to hand in the letter saying we had settled and the Barrister for LTSB was there!!:o

Told her that we had settled and had the money in our account already! she didn't know that. She also told us that the amount that we had settled on was below what we were claiming by about 2 grand :confused: She said we were claiming over 13000 - no we wern't! And that when we did our calculations we had added some totals twice and some items they had no record of, I pointed out that we had never claimed that amount and that the amount paid in to the account was actually £335 more than we had requested - but with the AQ fee and a bit extra for interest we were happy! (I then thought Damn what did we miss!!!:o )

(OH and the barrister had to go and see the judge and say it was settled - gave the judge the letter....)

She also told me that she had come down from Leicester to defend LTSB (what a waste of money IMHO) and that she has done 7 bank charge cases in 4 weeks -

When I said why do the banks bother when they have no intention of letting it go to court, she pointed out that she has just been to court and successfully defended a bank against a BAG-ER, because the bank defended the interest, The CI !! She told me that had I gone for it they would have definately defended in court,

I am glad I didn't go for that (MTM!!) - the extra costs in the fast track would have been a nightmare!! - I was also told that a lot of people are making mistakes in their calculations aswell, and adding things twice! They are defending those aswell.

I have one more funny postscript to this that I would LOVE to tell you - but I cant let you know on the forum! So PM me if you would like to know!!! Darling1 :D

if I have been of any help to you - please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thanks

• Haha 2

Darling

Great news about you getting your money back!!! As i said earlier I am in the same boat claiming around the same amount just over £10000. Gary H directed me to your case.

I have sent the first letter, had the reply, sent the 2nd letter giving them 14 days or court, its been nearly 20 days and no reply. Ive tried to phone but always engaged so need to start court action. This is where i am lost i need all the help i can please.

Oh by the way didnt understand that last bit in your last message about Lloydstsb going to court for interest??? Can you explain please

Thanks Darling, and once again well done!!! :D :D :D

Martinengo[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Martinego,

The LTSB barrister told me that they will defend the contractual interest part of a claim, - that is if you have opted to claim CI as well as your charges - and not the 8% statuary interest that everyone is entitled to at court.

Hope that helps! Darling1

if I have helped in any way please be kind enough to click on my scales!

• Haha 2

So in your opinion, it is worth triple-checking your calculations to make sure all the charges you are claiming for are spot on?

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Yes I think that that is definately very important - its looks like if they can catch you out they will have a go!