Parcel2go - Parcel Force - damaged table - where is it now?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having bought a vintage bamboo table off eBay, I had to arrange a courier.

I picked Parcel2go and paid a further £40. 80. It was picked up and should have been delivered to me last Thursday. I waited in but it did not arrive. I received no communication.

On Friday i went on the tracker and it said that my table was damaged and held at the London depot.  I tried the webchat but it was totally useless. I tried several times to find a number to call but there is nothing on the site I tried to  googled the number. I found two numbers but  neither of these work. 

I think it is outrageous that a company can operate  like this?  They are quick to sell themselves and  grab your money.

What can I do?

I need to know the extent of the damage and how I make a claim. 

Or are they a scam outfit?

hi ya

moved you to the postal forum 

there are 100's of like threads here 

i suggest you get reading up 

use our search in the top red banner for parcel2go.

more help will be with you soon.

was the carrier hermes par chance?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As advised by my site team colleague above, you need to start understanding the principles and the arguments involved in getting your money back and also the way these claims always go.

Please read as many of the Hermes stories that you can stomach on the sub- forum – at least a dozen or so.

Also, you should make a formal complaint to P2G and also to Hermes. This is simply to establish a paper trail. In respect of Hermes you must ask them about the damage and ask them for evidence of the damage and what has happened to the parcel.

I'm sorry to say that when Hermes knows that there is damage to a parcel, it is then very rarely delivered and their practice is to destroy them – or that's what they say anyway.
There is a disturbing pattern of quite high value items which are apparently unbreakable – such as a Gucci bag – which apparently had become damaged and then destroyed and then Hermes tried to withhold the money.
I think that there is a very reasonable suspicion that some of these items are being stolen and simply being locked is damaged and then destroyed. I'm certainly unaware of any cases where Hermes has provided evidence of the damage.
Anyway, if an item is damaged and they know who you are – and they clearly do here – then they should return the item to you so that you can assess it for repair.
They never do this.

Of course it's outrageous that Hermes taken upon themselves to destroy property belonging to other people and which has been put into their care and without any reference or permission from the owner.

When you read about the Hermes stories here, look out for two or three stories where we have talked about "conversion". Conversion is a tort where somebody treats the property someone else has their own and if Hermes have destroyed your item then this would amount to the tort of Conversion. This gives an opportunity to sue not only for the value of the item but also for an additional compensation for converting your ownership into theirs.

You will find in this situation, you can sue either P2G or Hermes .  If you sue P2G then you will only be able to sue them for the reimbursement of the declared value of the table plus your delivery fees et cetera.

If you sue Hermes, you will be able to sue them for all of the above but also for an additional recompense for the Conversion.

Please can you tell us whether the item was properly declared – as a table? What is value properly declared – £40? And finally, you say that it was a vintage table. Does it have some enhanced value as a collector's piece or for some other reason?

Also, do you know if an insurance was taken out?

Please read up on the Hermes stories on the sub- forum. It's very important. I'm afraid that you will almost inevitably have to you is your court claim that you will get all the expenses of this back when you win.

Read the stories on this sub- forum in order to understand the way that it goes because I'm quite sure that your claim will go exactly the same way.

The amazing thing is that although you are only talking about 80 quid, they will spend far more than that in an attempt to shirk their proper responsibilities to you.

Of course, they won't win.

• BankFodder changed the title to Parcel2go - Hermes - damaged table - where is it now?

Thank you for your reply Bank Fodder and DX100uk.   My problem is with Parcel2go. My item is a vintage bamboo dressing table. I already have the bedside cabinets to this set. They are not particularly common and I was delighted to find this one AND get it for a very reasonable price. I have seen one sell for £450 a few months ago. The seller was helpful and gave me all the dimensions. This I relayed to Parcel2go.

Surely there is some obligation for a company to be accessible ? The chatbot is a waste of time, it does not have the capacity to deal with my problem. I am an elderly widow and my skills are limited. I feel I am having to take on a world that I no longer recognise or know how to deal with. I feel as if I have been mugged !  

Are you saying that P2G and Hermes are the same company ? I did take out insurance. SO,  as I cannot phone them. Do I have to write, as in send an actual letter ?

You say that your problem is with P2G - but they are simply brokers and through them you arrange a delivery with a certain company or other of their choosing – a recommendation – and it is normally Hermes.

Check this out but I expect that you will find that it is Hermes.

You talk about the company's obligations to be accessible – Bless!

Find out who the actual couriers were – but they are probably Hermes.

Then the information given above applies and you will have to decide whether you simply want to go for the declared value – £40 plus your delivery fee in which case you can sue either of them. Or if you want to try for something on top, I would suggest a nominal figure of £75 for the unsurpation of your proprietary rights, then you would have to sue Hermes.

And as previously advised, it is essential that you read the Hermes stories on the sub- form in order to understand the way it all goes.

In your letter of complaint to both these companies, make sure that you demand evidence of the damage – photographic evidence.

• BankFodder changed the title to Parcel2go - Parcel Force - damaged table - where is it now?

do this by royal mail only stop using chat/email now

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

14 hours ago, Loosing 1T said:

On Friday i went on the tracker and it said that my table was damaged and held at the London depot. 

whose depot and whose tracker?

was this the parcel force tracker on their website or P2G?

and they

Yes.  ''Damaged, held at London depot ''  it says.   I have now joined  and made an account with P2G  and actually got a sensible web chat. I have asked that they deliver it anyway. 'Flavour1'  told me they appointed Parcelforce to deliver it.  But would not tell me who I should complain to . She, he, it, said it would be delivered but they cant say when . . .    

Okay – not much to say at the moment except keep on trying to get hold of the damaged item and if you do manage then let us know and tell us about the damage and we will see about helping you recover the cost of repairs. Assuming it can be repaired.

You are having a very different experience to the Hermes experience. With Hermes it would have been destroyed by now.

I would suggest that you make sure you keep a paper trail. That you try to communicate by email whenever possible rather than speaking on the phone and when you do comedic it by email make sure it is copied to Parcelforce as well.

Hopefully there will be development this week and you will know where you stand

Thank you very much for you help.  There was nothing in my order with P2G that mentioned the actual courier. The trouble is there is no paper trail as they only communicate on the webchat. I have taken a couple of screen shots. I had to ask several times who the actual courier was. Honestly I feel I NEVER want to get involved with this process ever again. It is shocking that they make the customer do all the work, they just give you the run  around !

Screenshots of chats over the web are fine. As long you have a record of your interaction.

You're quite right that they treat their customers with a colossal disregard – and that's all the courier companies.