Chris Radioman Vs Abbey

chrisradioman

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5642 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I wrote to Abbey following the format your site has given me, (much simpler to use now by the way excellent!) I had a letter off them offering me £1,105.00 in comensation for the charges, I accepted this then after they deposited the money in to my account I wrote to them again asking for the further £3,144.94 they wrote to me today saying no so I will issue a county court judgement tonight & send it off with a cheque for £120.00 tommorrow, I'll keep you posted as things develop. If it is usefull I will post the letters, I have worked out how to scan them but not how to post them, any ideas?

Regards,

Chris

Chris when you accepted the 1050.00 how did you do this as it may affect your claim.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi Glenn,

I worded it "thank you for the offer £1050.00 I look forward to seeing it in myaccount. They didn't ask me to sign anything or word it in such a way that it was a final settlement. so I think I'm safe. In fact I issued court papers today for £120.00 so fingers crossed.

Regards,

Chirs Jones

Hi Lula,

The exact wording was:-

Thank you for your letter dated 10 October 2006, about your bank charges, I am sorry you feel these contravene the Ufair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.

Having carried out a full investigation, I can assure you the charges do not contavene those regulations and therefore I cannot agree to refund all of them. However, as a gesture of goodwill, I am happy to cancel charges totaling £1,102.00

The regulations say that we must explain our charges in plain language and that we have to act in good faith, which according to the office of fair trading, means dealing fairly and openly with customers.

I therefore reviewed the literature and information you received when you opened your account, including the terms and conditions. This explains that charges will be applied if you do not keep to the terms of the account. Because of this, I believe we have been fair and open in telling you about them. The charges were correct, because you did not have enough money in your account to cover payments requested from it. When I looked at the history for your account I found that unfortunately, this was not the first time it has happened.

I am confident that I have been fair and have taken into account all the points you made in your letter, but if you have any additional points that you would like to discuss with me, please call me on 0845 6006014. I have enclosed a leaflet about the Finacial Ombudsman service, in case you are not happy with my investigation or decision. If so, you should contact them within six months of the date of this letter, enclosing a copy of it, as they would need this for their investigation.

I hope we can work together to help you avoid charges in future. Little things can help, like checking your account balance as often as possible and looking at the dates of direct debits to make sure they are taken shortly after money is paid in. In addition we might be able to help by providing an increased overdraft facility to give you more flexibility. This could help to keep your costs down, as there are no charges unless you exceed your overdraft limit. So, if you would like to talk to someone about the options available, please call our Telephone Banking Centre on 08459 724 724. Alternatively, if you think you might need longer-term help to manage your bank account, please call 0845 603 9035 and we'll be happy to help.

Yours sincerely

Clair Smith

Senior Customer Resolution Manager

Enc. Financial Ombudsman

I think I am ok here what do you think?

Regards,

Chris