Quality Cars and Commercials Ltd - faulty vehicle and unfair deductions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have received this email from Halfords today.  I was assured by the other person that the SAR would be sent by 16th and there was never any communication about the car ownership.....

Dear Ms XXX,

I have sent two emails asking the car owner for proof of identification, once I have received this I can provide you with the SAR request. Even then I can only provide details relating to the person who requested the SAR and not you.

Kind regards

Rachel Spibey | Compliance Co-ordinator

Mobile:07483920304 Email:[email protected]

No messages received from you.

Thats odd, I'll see why that message didn't go through. 

I've had this response from Halfords after I called and emailed back... its very odd that they have never asked for my ID. And she clearly states she has sent 2 emails to the vehicle owner and was awaiting a response. Also now stating it relates to both of us so she will send the SAR to me?

Good afternoon XXXX,

For Halfords to process your SAR request I require Identification from both of you as the information enclosed in the data is relating to both of you. The form of identification I require is photographic identification. A current in date driving license will be sufficient.

The statutory timescale for responding to a SAR does not begin until we receive suitable proof of identification, therefore we have not breached the statutory time limit.

When I receive proof of identity from both of you I will complete the SAR request and provide you with the data as requested.

Kind regards

Rachel Spibey | Compliance Co-ordinator

I'm sorry but I haven't received anything from you. What you trying to send me and are using the PM system or what?

What date did you make your original SAR request?

I think it will be a good idea to start turning our attention to the dealer now to get the balance of your money.

I know that you have difficulty in terms of time commitments. You be able to start giving attention to this now?

This thread has gone on quite long time and so maybe it's worth having a little summary of what has happened.

Could you please they are a point by point summary of what happened – including dates and costs and then an overall total of how much you are now out of pocket.

Hi, something is strange as I'm no longer getting email notifications from this forum.

Anyway, the direct message was about the pdfs (I just replied to a message you sent me)... I have 15 pages and an additional 2. I can remove my email address and post it on this thread. Would that be OK? Or I can do a summary timeline?

Re Halfords, the SAR request was sent on 16th Aug. Her last email claims the 30 days begins when they have all the information.  Should I just send my ID? I'm finding it odd that she stated she emailed the owner twice, and now is asking me for ID when I questioned it.

• 1 month later...

I think we are still waiting for a response to the post I made on 22 September.

In respect of you failing to receive notifications from us, I see that you are using an Outlook email address – and I'm afraid that they routinely blacklist us and so you should check your spam folder.

If you find that our notifications are in your spam folder then you should whitelist us so that they go directly into your inbox

I'd like you to address my post of the 22nd first please.

I think you have to understand that the people who give advice here are doing it completely free of charge in addition to their ordinary lives.

I'm afraid that when people don't engage with the thread consistently and dropout from time to time – for whatever reason – it tends to demotivate everybody.
People who are more engaged tend to come to the front of the queue.

Please will you deal with the post that I put up on the 22nd

@BankFodder but that's exactly what I'm doing, addressing what you've asked on 22nd... you also previously asked about pdfs of my emails with trader...my message on 25th was asking which option to do 15+2 pdf pages or a timeline summary?

Regarding Halfords, I added their response on this thread and answered your question about when the request was sent..... I just needed to know if I should send my ID so they can complete the SAR.

Of course I appreciate all the help on this, I did reply a few times but didn't get a response so just left it there.

On 22/09/2021 at 18:48, BankFodder said:

Could you please they are a point by point summary of what happened – including dates and costs and then an overall total of how much you are now out of pocket.

Sorry but I don't really understand the confusion.

I've asked for a point by point summary and I give you an idea of some of the detail that that should include.

Two months later are still waiting for this information to be posted