I took Lowell to court but the ccj status says A bar was put in place for Lowell Solicitors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lowell have been showing false information related to a non existent debt on my credit file for years and although I have sent numerous requests for information and letter proving that I don't owen their client 'Three' any money they simply ignore me.

The alleged debt is for £300 and out of desperation I sent them an invoice for £400 as a charge for advertising false information on my credit file telling them I would be charging this monthly until they remove the default.

They wrote to me saying they did not recognise my invoice and they did not owen me any money, I wrote to them telling them that was pretty ironic as it's exactly the same situation as they have me in!

I then issued a claim against them in the county court but I notice they have filed a defence and it also says 

A bar was put in place for Lowell Solicitors

Anyone know what that means??

Surely they don't have ultimate power over the courts to stop people taking them to court??

Who was the Court claim issued against ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

2 minutes ago, BazzaS said:

The ‘bar’ just means that as a defence has been filed you are barred from seeking a default judgment.

Oh, many thanks!

I googled and couldn’t find anything.

As long as they can’t simply avoid the case.

I think you ought to post up your claim form and also the defence in PDF format please.

Properly scanned please

Pers i would discontinue the claim now.

Its a very common freeman of the land tactic and always fails.

The debt was sold by three to lowell, Three are not lowell s client.

Three would have defaulted you on or before its sale with lowell s name replacing that of the OC on your credit file.

your target is 3 not lowell.

you say this is not your debt...please explain further..

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 hour ago, dx100uk said:

Pers i would discontinue the claim now.

Its a very common freeman of the land tactic and always fails.

The debt was sold by three to lowell, Three are not lowell s client.

Three would have defaulted you on or before its sale with lowell s name replacing that of the OC on your credit file.

your target is 3 not lowell.

you say this is not your debt...please explain further..

Dx

I don’t owe three any money, I currently have 4 fully paid up accounts with three.

Lowell sent me my statements of this old account and they aren’t showing any money owed until a rogue invoice 6 months after the account had closed which didn’t appear to relate to anything.

I have explained this to Lowell countless times but they ignore my correspondence.

I’m not actually trying to get money out of them, I just want this incorrect data removed.

If I actually owed it I’d happily pay but I don’t.

Im hoping at some point someone at Lowell with some common sense will actually look at the case and realise it’s an error.

I hoped if they had a potential hearing to attend it might push someone to act

Yes but you are not helping yourself if you don't upload the claim form and the defence and PDF all that as you've been asked

Lowell are not you target

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There,

I'm out of the country at present so don't have the details to hand, I'm back home next weekend so I'll update then with the information I have.

Thanks

On 04/08/2021 at 21:50, dx100uk said:

Lowell are not you target

Dx

I do kinda get that but it's their name on the default and they have been corresponding saying they refuse to correct it so they have made themselves the enemy.

I agree it would have been easier had they just sent me to three at the start but they chose to engage instead.

Well its the way things work

when a debt is sold to buyers name replaces that of the oc

a debt buyer by the nature of the consumer credit act cannot issue a default notice.

just because youve followed poor advice or WHY a dca will gladly play along and would welcome an easy court win and their costs hoping at some point you don't see some common sense and realise an error

and they