• Tweets

• Homer did say not to contact DR+.   If that's all the paperwork you have, sit tight and see if a letter before claim/action turns up. If you get one - and you may not, come back here and we'll help you to write back.    Or if you get more threatograms, let us know and we'll let you know if you need to take any action. In the meantime don't write to anyone and keep any correspondence for now.    HB
    • Hi DX   That is the only info letter I have we can't locate the first letter or original parking fine notification My wife said there wasn't  anything on the car windscreen. Do I ask the DC for the original notification ?   what shall I do just wait until they pursue through court ?   apologies for lack of info  Cancookwill
    • Hello, I've been following this thread and have some experience to share... Stand by for lots of words.   About 6 weeks ago, the engine seized on my car - 10 days before planning to use it for our 2 week trip around the UK!  I searched the internet for companies who could replace/rebuild the engine and get it back to me in time... One company that came up was 169 UK. I called the number and explained my predicament and the chap on the phone (who called himself Lee - I'm not convinced this was his real name) promised that if the vehicle got to him the next day or so, he'd have it done in time for our holiday!. He gave all kinds of reassurances about the types of vehicles they work on, from Porsches etc, even people from Spain taking their cars to him.. All work came through 3rd party websites (how i'd found them too) so you generally wont find reviews.    I was weary going into this, but you got to put your faith somewhere, right? so off it went on a trailer to Essex. NOW... I'd already asked where it would be going and I also tracked it by leaving a mobile phone hidden in the car. Interestingly, the place i was told i'd be collecting it from was not the same place the recovery guy (called Patrick?) told me he was delivering it to..    Anyway, they get the car and straight away tell me that the sump is full of diesel and that my ECU is faulty and its locked open one bank of injectors - causing the failure. All of this is feasible, but it meant that the car would not be ready in time for my holiday  He also tells me the DPF's (i'm sure it only has one, but he referred to there being more) were also completely blocked solid and needed to be dealt with (in this case, drilled and mapped out - which is also illegal) All of these little extras have now taken the cost from £3500 to nearly £5000  - as he was " putting together a special package for me" I tell him ok, i'm now away for 2 weeks so you have a little more time, i'll collect it when i get back.  I call him on the Friday before we travel home, asking how its going... he says "well, we aven't done it.. you said you were gonna be away for 2 weeks" apparently he marked to dairy wrong. So i call him again on the Monday following, I say I want to collect it that Thursday... not unreasonable. He then starts with the excuses that he has loads of guys off sick at the moment etc.. BUT, The car IS in the workshop and the boys ARE getting on with it. I say, OK.. but keep me updated daily as i need to make arrangements to come and get it. Tuesday passes without a word, so Wednesday morning i txt him asking for an update. He called me back around and hour later to tell me that the ECU they sourced for me is also faulty (they tested it before fitting it as they're nice like that) and it has water damage so he has to get another one, but that isn't going to get to him until the following Tuesday - which brings us up to this week.   Everything up until this point has been feasible if not a little annoying, BUT here is where is gets good...  On Sunday i happened to be in Essex on other business so decided to swing by Basildon and see if i could find my car. Knowing where it had been dropped off before the tracking phone died, i had a good idea where to look. And i also had the address of the garage where i'd be picking it up from. Hoping to not find it too easily - after all, it was being worked on on the Monday; Imagine my surprise to find it in the exact location it had been dropped off 4 weeks previously!  I lifted the bonnet - nothing had been touched.  The amount of dust on the bodywork and distinct lack of any hand prints etc strongly indicated that nothing had been touched and it certainly hadn't been moved in all that time. He may well have taken the ECU out to test but put it back, that's easy to do - but there is now way to tell from there that the DPF is blocked without removing it, or having full access to the ECU - which is faulty, remember?  It had all been LIES.  Now i am annoyed, but informed and he doesn't know that i know he's been lying to me.  I spent the next couple of days talking to various people i know and arranged my own recovery to get the car back - even if that meant effectively stealing it back. Long story short, i had it collected and got it back to me last night.  The guy who collected it went to the garage i'd been told i'd be collecting it from - Unit 28 Noble Square( Essex car and Commercial) and asked for Lee... Low and behold no-one by that name works there and the car (and others parked in the same place) were nothing to do with them! but then one guy did say "oh hang on, i think i know who you mean, let me give him a call"... 10 minutes later, 'Lee' showed up.  My man then had to endure conversation with this charlatan, but did glean some information that might be of interest.  "LEE" doesn't directly do any of this work... he takes on jobs, maybe up to 30 at a time and then farms them out to local garages. This explains why nothing had been done and why so many others get stuck in this net.   I was surprised that he was calm and didn't get the hump about me taking the car back, i still don't really understand what the scam is, but there definitely is one.  I think i've been very lucky that no money has been paid, i owe him nothing and i got out of there.  The amount of mental anguish and anxiety this has caused me has been extreme.  Now i'm back to square one, still with a broken car. But i'm only £500 out of pocket (for the recovery each way) and not £5k that it was supposedly going to cost... at some point, who knows when!     
    • Good luck from me as well Dixon, fingers crossed.    HB
    • Last time, the Judge provided me with, I would say, the most amount of time to speak. She started with HMRC, and they moved on to me. Essentially, since HMRC last responded to me (the original document I scribbled notes on), I feel it's right I should go first and just comment on each of their responses.   I'll leave sending that link to them, just in case HMRC then find something against it. I'll just bring it up, and mention the above quotes.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Housing Association property flooding

Hi

You are more than welcome and you look after yourself and we are here even if you want to let off steam about this.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

Thanks for that update.

What I would do is wait until the end of the week (Friday) to contact the Ombudsman again and inform them that there deadline of Tuesdays for A2 to respond has passed and you have been reasonable and given them until this call and they have failed to respond to the request you the Ombudsman have given them.

In your opinion they have Breached the following:

1. Breached the Ombudsman request to either resolve this matter or issue the requested Deadlock Letter and to respond by Tuesdays 21st June 2022 and I gave extra time for them to respond so the failure to provide the Deadlock Letter seems a deliberate act by A2 to prevent a Service User going to the Ombudsman.

2. Breached there own Complaints Procedure.

3. Breached there own Customer Care Policy/Charter.

4. Breached there own Communications Policy.

Also ask the Ombudsman if they can give you a copy of the letter they sent to A2 so you can have this for your records.

When you do contact the Ombudsman make sure and point out the above  and ask for a copy of the letter they sent to A2 as to be honest A2 are not doing themselves any favours here especially ignoring that request from the Ombudsman.

You take care and look after yourself.

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

HI

Thanks for the update.

That is shocking that the Ombudsman has said that the case worker assigned to you will call within 5 working days.

I think you need to point out to then very clearly without them thinking you are being aggressive/angry this is important as you want them on your side the Breaches I mentioned in post#78 especially that A2 have Breached the Ombudsman's letter/contact to either resolve this matter or issue the Deadlock letter and A2 have failed to do this even with you giving them extra time.

Note: if A2 have still have still not dealt with this as per the Ombudsman contact above you make sure when they do contact you that you point this out as per there phone call A2 have had all this extra time (as this adds to the extra time you have given them and makes A2 look bad to the Ombudsman's request)

Make sure and ask them for a copy of that letter they sent to A2 to resolve or issue Deadlock Letter for your records.

As for your evidence try to make sure you can scan all this into PDF Format (if possible) and make it one multiple PDF with all your evidence in it in date format. whether its written (with your proof of posting), email, etc. as this will make is easier for the Ombudsman rather than numerous documents.

You look after yourself and you know where we are if you need any further help just let us know

thanks Stu,

Will do as advised.

When you speak of my "evidence", do you mean all the letters/correspondence to and from A2? and to just have it all in one document? 

Hi

Yes to your question on Evidence absolutely everything letters/emails/proof of posting etc to and from you to A2 everything and try to scan it all in date format to one multiple PDF.

This way you have it to hand and easy to forward it all in one PDF to the Ombudsman when required.

If you need any help in doing this please let me know but please do not post your evidence here on your Topic at present don't want to give A2 a heads up

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stu,

Well the case worker finally got back to me today and confirms they have had no response from A2.

I tried to share what was suggested above but was informed that they have to follow their processes, that they are impartial and have a process to follow. He assures me that this is likely not personal to me but a breakdown in their processes (which of course is very unlikely). He's on annual leave now, so will get back to me  next week after speaking to his manager but advises that the likely process is:

1. 1st (informal) contact (which has been done)

2. 2nd (formal) contact

3.2 more chasing up letters/emails

4. complaint Handing Failure Order (CHFO)

There wasn't really much else I could say. He has forwarded a copy of the email he sent A2, and I will update when I hear back.

Thanks again

Hi

Thanks for the update but A2 are showing the Ombudsman the same contempt but they have to follow there process sadly.

IMO I would send A2 another letter headed Formal Complaint.

Dear Sir/Madam

Insert Complaint Reference Number Here

Further to my last letter dated XX/XX/2022 which to date you have received but failed to respond to as with many of my previous correspondence which you have also to date failed to respond to you are now in Breach of your own Complaints Procedure.

As a Service User that has been displaced due to flooding of there property which was not caused by the Service User your actions to date show utter contempt for someone that is in the situation I am in at present which is affecting my Mental Health due to your complete in action to resolve my complaint and breaching your own procedure.

You were also contacted by the Housing Ombudsman as asked to either resolve this matter or issue a Deadlock Letter and to inform the Housing Ombudsman within a certain time limit which to date A2 have completely ignored and failed in the Housing Ombudsman's request not even acknowledging which they are fully aware of.

I now require a Letter of Deadlock from A2 I will not accept anything else since you seem happy to breach your own complaints procedure and ignore the Housing Ombudsman's request.

I attach a copy of the email that the Housing Ombudsman sent to yourselves which you failed to acknowledge therefore Breached.

I look forward to your reply.

Feel free to amend the above to suit your needs, this also shows Ombudsman that you are trying to get a Deadlock letter for them to take over direct and if A2 don't respond makes them look bad as they already do by failing to respond to the Ombudsman.

Would love to see the email that the Ombudsman sent but please DO NOT post it here on the open forum don't want A2 to see it, so what you can do is send me a private message just hover over my avatar and when that open you will see 'Message' just click that and you can send me a private message (just type into it what the email says the Ombudsman sent).

You look after yourself and take care

Hi

That's good as it still shows to the Housing Ombudsman that you are being reasonable although you are asking for a 'Letter of Deadlock' due to their complete failure in there Complaint Handling therefore Maladministration by A2.

Got your Message and that is gold dust so make sure and keep that very safe.

You keep your head held high and try not to let this get to you (I know that's easy for me to say as not going through this) and make sure and look after yourself.

As I have said before we are here even if you just want to have a rant about this.

Hi

So they finally get off there lazy butt after you mention they failed to acknowledge the Housing Ombudsman and provide evidence of their contact to A2 and whoever wrote that response need to go back to school so many spelling errors and that's from there Head of Complaints oh let's our own staff investigate themselves on data protection and maladministration really.

Oh sorry for the POOR COMMUNICATION but here is a discretionary offer of £100. (I can't tell you whether to accept this offer or not as I don't know what the Housing Ombudsman outcome would be with this especially the way the dealt with A2 ignoring them sort of says who they will deal with this)

So you now have there Final Response and can take this to the Housing Ombudsman (bear in mind what I mentioned above)

What a load of BULL (can't swear on forum)

I bet there dates mentioned in that letter there is a lot more complaint letter dates they failed to acknowledge.

So what I need you to do for me is give me a list of dates whether it was letter (with proof of posting) and they failed to acknowledge it and the same if sent by email. Please do this in bullet point and with each let me know if the failed to acknowledge it and you have proof of posting.

Hi Stu,

This is all very frustrating. These are the letters sent since they refused stage 2 for which I received no response. They were all sent by both email and letter and I have proof of posting for all. 

I received an automatic (generic) reply confirming receipt of them all too.

Thanks again.

·       02/12/2021 (emailed on 01/12/2021, challenging their response and why stage 2 refused etc.)

·       10/12/2021 (requesting copy of public liability insurance)

·       17/01/2021

·       07/02/2022

·       09/03/2022 (chasing up on the above, questioning why works have not commenced and why I was given times when it would be competed and requesting letter of deadlock)

·       28/03/2022 (chasing up the above, requesting Stage 3, stating they have failed to agree works with the contractor to begin works)

·       05/05/2022 (informing them the ombudsman have been contacted and options to deal with this)

·       13/07/2022

Hi

Not forgot you on this let me work on this one as need to go through your Topic fully with the dates you have given in your post and that complete bull Final Response from A2 so I can word something appropriate for you for the Ombudsman.

Question for you? Can you scan all your evidence into PDF Format and I do mean everything including any responses A2 gave you???

You look after yourself and keep you head held high try not to let this get to you and take care