• Tweets

• The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

A2Dominion - Housing Association property flooding - damning ombudsman report

https://a2dominion.co.uk/

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry I haven't forgot about you I had a emergency situation to deal with.

Further to your post#49

You make another Formal Complaint

Referring to the letter you sent dated XX/XX/XXXX and that they have failed to respond within the stated time limit which they are therefore in breach of there own Complaint Procedure & Customer Care and you require full clarification for this failure and clarification of what has been asked in that letter.

I have also now been informed that the required works to the property after the flooding would now take 4 months when I was informed by your staff that if I accepted to decant from the property for the required works at the time these would only take 4 weeks.

I require clarification why I was informed that if I decant the property the required works would only take 4 weeks to now recently been told 4 months which has now added further stress and is affecting my mental health due to your actions.

The way I have been treated so far and the lack of responses to my Complaint letters is shocking as it seems you are using your Complaints Procedure to disadvantage your Service Users and in fact breach your own Complaints Procedure by your constant failure to respond/acknowledge you have received it and the Service User constantly chasing for a response. 

I now also require clarification as to what Stage my Complaints are actually being dealt with as due to your failures in this matter I will not accept they are still at Stage 1 as these should now be escalated to Stage 2/3 due to the serious nature and again your failure to comply with your own Complaints Procedure and Customer Care.

If you fail to do this then I require a 'Letter of Deadlock' in this matter so I can escalate this matter to the Housing Ombudsman.

Again sorry for delay, have not forgot you and I hope you are keeping well and take care of yourself

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi Stu,

Thanks for replying, and I hope your situation was resolved.

Should this new complaint letter be part of the same complaint (ie using the current complaint reference number)? or is this a new complaint.

And am I referring to the last letter sent ?

Sorry if these are silly questions.

Just to clarify, they told me it would take 4 weeks when I initially accepted the decant. 3 months later as part of their first response (verbally) I was informed it would take a further 4 months. it's been almost 5 months since then (8 months total so far) and now they won't even tell me how long it will be. But I will adjust the letter to reflect this.

Thanks again

Hi

You refer it to the same complaint you made that they have failed to acknowledge to date and enclose a copy of that previous complaint.

Just amend what I have put in post#52 to suit what you need to send.

These are not silly questions so don't worry yourself as it is better to ask.

You take care of yourself and I know it is easy for me to say but try to not let this get to you 

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Thanks Stu,

Just to keep the thread updated. this is the letter I sent yesterday:

Dear Sir/Madam, 

Formal Complaint 

I refer to my previous complaint letter sent dated 07/02/2022. You have failed to respond within the stated time limit and are in breach of your own Complaint Procedure and Customer Standards and I require full clarification for this failure and clarification of what has been asked in that letter. 

I have also now been informed that the required works to the property after the flooding have not yet commenced nor even been agreed. I was initially informed on 13th July 2021 that it would take 4 weeks if I accepted the decant.  I was then told in mid-October by my housing officer that it would take a further 4 months. It has now been 5 months since I was told this by my housing officer and 8 months total since I was decanted. 

I require clarification why I was informed that if I decant the property the required works would only take 4 weeks, why after 3 months it was changed to being told 4 further months (7 months total) to now, after 8 months I am being told that no works have been agreed to commence, all of which has now added further stress and is affecting my mental health due to your actions. 

The way I have been treated so far and the lack of responses to my Complaint letters is shocking as it seems you are using your Complaints Procedure to disadvantage your Service Users and in fact breach your own Complaints Procedure by your constant failure to respond/acknowledge you have received it and the Service User constantly chasing for a response.  

I now also require clarification as to what Stage my Complaints are actually being dealt with as due to your failures in this matter I will not accept they are still at Stage 1, as these should now be escalated to Stage 2/3 due to the serious nature and again your failure to comply with your own Complaints Procedure and Customer Standards. 

If you fail to do this, then I require a 'Letter of Deadlock' in this matter so I can escalate this matter to the Housing Ombudsman. 

I enclose a copy of the letter dated and sent to you on 07/02/2022. 

Hi

That letter is fine so lets wait and see how they deal with this.

I do hope they acknowledge the letter because if the fail to do so this would only make matters worse for them not you.

You make sure and look after yourself and take care

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just thought I would pop in to see how this is going and hope you are keeping well and be safe.

Hi Stu,

Thanks for checking in..things are fine thanks.

As expected, I haven't heard anything back...and am quite certain I wont!

Also the contractors (Pyramidplus) who was emailing me to let me know that A2 haven't agreed any works on the flooded property (He CC'd in A2 complaints team) hasn't updated. I assume its because A2 aren't bothering. I never responded to any of his emails.

Is it time to move forward yet? been about 2 weeks since last letter sent

Hi

You can't go direct to the Housing Ombudsman yet as you need A2 to respond and they are fully aware of this and are playing games.

What I would advise is the next letter you make sure and send it via post office getting free proof of posting.

Dear Sir/Madam

Formal Complaint

Reference: (insert complaint reference if one here)

Further to my letters sent to you on XX/XX/2022 & XX/XX/2022 you have failed to acknowledge these Formal Complaint Letters for some unknown reason which is in Breach of your own Complaints Procedure and shows a complete lack of Customer Care and is also in Breach of that.

I therefore immediately require these Complaints to be dealt with at your Stage 3 Complaint Procedure and if you fail to do so I require full clarification as to your reason and not just a paper exercise as it is you that has Breached your own Complaints Procedure & Customer Care.

Further to the above the your Contractor Pyramidplus emailed myself to inform me that you A2 have failed to agree any works to be carried out to my flooded property and that they were emailing your A2 Complaints Team about this.

A2 complete lack of Customer Care an stating that if I decanted from my property the works would be complete in 4 weeks was a completely false statement made to me by A2 as some months later you have still failed to even agree to the works been carried out by your own contractor which I have email proof of.

A2 has placed added stress and anxiety on a Tenant for something not of there doing also by your complete lack of keeping that Tenant updated as to what is happening with the works to their property and in fact the impression I now have is A2 just don't care

I enclose copies of the letters dated XX/XX/2022 & XX/XX/2022 which I should not have to do as you already have these. 

Amend the above to suit as needed

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I hope you are keeping well due to all this and don't let them get you down.

So what I suggest now is that you contact the Housing Ombudsman and inform them with all your evidence that A2 have completely failed in there Complaints Procedure as they are refusing to acknowledge your letter Complaint about the matter therefore they are in Breach of their own Complaints Procedure.

You are taking this as A2 by refusing to acknowledge your Complaint letters when you have full evidence that they have received them as A2 not only Breaching their own Complaints Procedure by refusing to acknowledge a Complaint and Maladministration but also that these actions place tenants in a position which A2 is fully aware of if they can approach the Housing Ombudsman as said tenant has not completed the A2 Complaints Procedure to the end only due to A2 failure.

Housing Ombudsman Link:

WWW.HOUSING-OMBUDSMAN.ORG.UK

Improving residents' lives and landlords' services through housing complaints

Remember you are a Resident to look at the Resident part on click on 'Make a Complaint' at the bottom right of the webpage you will see a contact number for them IMO I would give them a call and explain what A2 have being doing but be brief and the amount of letters of Complaint you have send with evidence of receipt and their failure to acknowledge those letters thus breaching their own complaints procedure.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stu, thanks for this.

I contacted the Ombudsman and tried to explain what's gone on. They requested I send in the early letters/emails of me requesting Stage 2 and also A2's responses/rejection to this and they will get back to me. I emailed this today.

She also suggested that I contact A2 and speak to them to inform them the ombudsman is involved and what they want to do and if they consider we have reached deadlock. Waste of time I think but I've contacted customer services  and they have requested that the complaint handler calls me back.

Ombudsman to respond to me within 15 working days

Hi 

This must be so frustrating for you that A2 have still been ignoring you and having to ask the Housing Ombudsman's advice which I am glad you have done and they gave you a reference number.

So here we go:

Dear Sir/Madam

Formal Complaint

Reference: (insert any complaint reference number they have given you for this here)

Further to my last letter dated XX/XX/2022 which I have proof that you received this letter and previous letters (insert dates of them here) of those letter in this matter which to date you A2 have so far failed to acknowledge receipt of which is a blatant Breach of your own Complaints Procedure and Maladministration by A2 which there is no excuse for these failures/Breaches.

So far you are in Breach of the following:

1. Your own Complaint Procedure.

2. Your own Customer Service.

Due to the above Breaches there is a serious failure within A2 which also comes under Maladministration by A2 as well.

This issue has seriously affected my Mental Health and is causing me anxiety as it seems as if A2 just do not care about their tenants especially those that have been made to decant their property not of their doing but due to Raw Sewage flooding the property and destroying all their personal belonging which you do not care about.

Due to the above I have been in contact with the Housing Ombudsman and require the following:

1. That A2 escalate my complaint to Stage 3 and the reasons for your Breaches of your own complaints procedure/Customer Service due to the above and that I require a Face to Face meeting at a time of my choosing on this matter.

2. To be provided with a Letter of Deadlock by A2 due to the above Failures/Breaches which the Housing Ombudsman is aware of.

Now with the above letter in the last part you will see that I have put 2 options this is to make you look reasonable to the Housing Ombudsman that basically you have given them a choice to either sort this mess out or the Housing Ombudsman gets involved which looks bad for A2 if the Ombudsman's does as it is all recorded and the outcomes published on the Ombudsman's website for all to be able to see.

I know this does not help you but you have tried your best with A2 now time to play hard ball

Please feel free to edit the letter above to suit your needs and get free proof of posting from the Post Office.

You keep your chin up and look after yourself and be safe

This whole thing has been frustrating/draining...but thanks again Stu.

Letter was sent yesterday. I also received a missed called from unknown mobile number (possibly the complaint handler), but I don't really call numbers I don't know (and no voicemail left) so will leave it.

Hi 

You are more than welcome to the assistance, what we are here for.

Anyway the unknown number may or may not be the Housing Association but if it was they wont leave a message due to DPA/GDPR as they need to confirm who they are taking too so that is why they won't leave a message .

Doesn't stop you asking the Housing reference that mobile number if it was someone from them trying to contact you. (or put that mobile number into Google and see what it throws up in a search)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I hope you are keeping as well as came be expected during this.

and even if you want to rant here about this

If A2 are still ignoring your letters/emails then that the Housing Ombudsman is now looking into this matter and have requested your evidence so far of their failure in Customer Cara and more importantly their own Complaints Procedure by failure to acknowledge letters/emails.

As you have already spoke to the Ombudsman I would contact them again and just explain to date A2 are still completely ignoring you with your complaint and you take this as a Breach of their own Complaints Procedure.

You look after yourself and even if you just want to have a rant about this to get this out your system you know where we are.

Hi Stu,

thanks for the offer to vent/moan....lol it's been so long now, I've kind of just accepted the situation.

I called the ombudsman as advised, and will get a call back within 5 working days. To be honest I'm wondering what's going on because A2 seem to have no fear of the situation.

I also decided to email the contractor (pyramidplus) in charge of renovating my flooded property for an update and this was his response:

Hi

I’ve spoken to my project manager and we still waiting for instruction for works to proceed.

We still haven’t had response back from WCJ/Lost adjustor insurance company (A2D) in relation to the works.

I will speak to A2D management to see if there has been any update.

Hi Service Complaints.

We still waiting for update from the partnering team. we will chase them to advise

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A2 complaints was CC'd into this). I've stopped bidding for properties until this is over....

Thanks again for your help and support during this Stu...regardless of the outcome, I appreciate it very much

Edited by WanTToMoveOn

Hi

It is pretty bad that A2 Contractor seems to be more helpful with you than A2 and even the contractor is being messed about due to A2 lack of dealing with this.

Then again you emailing the contractor and there response is even more helpful to you than you think as it shows/proves that A2 should never have told you at the beginning of this a time limit for this to be sorted and they needed to decant you during that period when in fact no work to date has even started due to the complete incompetency/maladministration by A2

It also ain't going to look good that the last letter you sent giving A2 those 2 options and one being a letter of deadlock so you can proceed to the Housing Ombudsman they have again completely ignored/failed to acknowledge and you have proof they got it so you must make a point of this to the Housing Ombudsman.

You take care

Thanks Stu,

I certainly will point this out when the Housing Ombudsman call back. 1 thing that confused me when i initially called them was that the Ombudsman person was suggesting that A2 should agree to do the stage 1 complaint process again (and the reason she suggested I call them was to see if they suggest this).

Anyway this is all new to me, and i'll update once i've spoken to them

Thanks again

Hi

The Housing Ombudsman suggesting that you start at Stage 1 process again with A2 is shocking and if this is suggested again you ask to speak to another person on this matter that is senior as A2 have Breached their own complaints procedure by failing to acknowledge your letter/emails which you have evidence they received to escalate this matter for some not day/weeks but months which in turn they have also Breached their Customer Care Policy/Charter.

Do Not accept the Housing Ombudsman trying to get you to start the complaint process from the start again with A2 as it is A2 that has Breached it not you and you last letter/email to A2 was giving them the option to either escalate your complaint to Stage 3 or issue you with a Letter of Deadlock so you can go to the Housing Ombudsman but yet again A2 failed to acknowledge.

Remember the above as it is short and straight to the point.

Also do a wee bullet point list with dates of what has happened

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Stu,

Finally got contacted by the ombudsman today after chasing them up day after you last post. Simply told me that they have written to A2 and asked them to write to me confirming we have reached deadlock so that they can officially get involved. He's given them until next Tuesday (5 working days) to do this.

The vibes I am getting from them doesn't feel so good...but I guess we will see.

Edited by WanTToMoveOn

Hi

Thanks for the update. 

I know this has been going on a long time and totally understand the vibe you feel your getting from the Housing Ombudsman.

Don't think like that what the Housing Ombudsman has basically done is:

1. Let A2 know you have contacted the Housing Ombudsman.

2. That A2 either resolve this matter or issue you a Deadlock Letter.

They have to do the above within 5 working days stated by the Housing Ombudsman.

So what the Housing Ombudsman has basically done is given A2 the opportunity to either resolve this as they are aware from you of what has happened or A2 issue the Deadlock Letter and the Housing Ombudsman gets fully involved.

You look after yourself