Parliament Rules Query

Zooz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think Margaret Thatcher was Leader of the Opposition when she put forward an EDM censuring JimCallaghan's govt in March 1979, and all those who signed it were on the Opposition front bench, weren't they?

"22 March 1979 – A Motion put down by Rt Hon Margaret Thatcher, the then Leader of the Opposition, censuring the Government. When this Motion was debated on 28 March, it was agreed to, leading to a General Election.

351 NO CONFIDENCE IN HER MAJESTY’S GOVERNMENT Mrs Margaret Thatcher Mr William Whitelaw Sir Keith Joseph Sir Geoffrey Howe Mr James Prior Mr Francis Pym That this House has no confidence in Her Majesty’s Government"

Example 3 from Appendix C of this:  p03.pdf (parliament.uk)

Whether that would still be the case I do not know.

Why do you ask?

Believe for an EDM, they have to have signatures of a number of MP's supporting it. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

8 hours ago, Manxman in exile said:

Why do you ask?

EDM.PARLIAMENT.UK

That this House applauds the new Animal Sentience Bill, enshrining in law the ability of animals to experience joy and feel suffering and pain; notes the science-based campaign For Life On Earth with its...

Trying to understand why being on the Labour front bench prohibits my MP from signing this.

It is because the sponsors of the EDM are mostly SNP and The Greens, plus John McDonnell.

Very rare for Labour front bench to support SNP positions.

The answer is politics. 

Ask Kier Starmer why Labour front bench member could not support it.

• Like 3

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

5 hours ago, Zooz said:
EDM.PARLIAMENT.UK

That this House applauds the new Animal Sentience Bill, enshrining in law the ability of animals to experience joy and feel suffering and pain; notes the science-based campaign For Life On Earth with its...

Trying to understand why being on the Labour front bench prohibits my MP from signing this.

What makes you think that is the reason?  Is that what your MP has told you?   😉  If so, ask him again!

As unclebulgaria has said, it'll be Stan Laurel Keir Starmer who'll know the answer... 

EDIT:  If you are a Labour voter there's nothing to stop Keir Starmer supporting it himself...

Edited by Manxman in exile
  • Like 1

I've emailed a sponsor to ask. They will likely speak truthfully. Thanks, I hadn't thought to do that before asking.  Will update when I know more. 

Yes, that was the reply/excuse given from my MP!

P.S. Apologies for posting in the Bear Garden, I don't seem to have the option to click on the legal forums etc. 

Edited by Zooz

It just comes up with all the forum options but only 2 or 3 of them are available to click. I thought it might be because I am a new member...

Edited by Zooz

I think I am on the main page when I click on "Start New Topic" but can't be sure exactly where I am as I have found the site difficult to navigate. I have copied and pasted the box that comes up when I click 'Start New Topic' with the highlighted choices it gives me to click on:

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

• Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
  • Helpful Organisations
  • The Bear Garden – for off-topic chat
  • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
Edited by Zooz

Moved the thread for you

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...