saver6 vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

This is my first claim so just gonna post my progress. It's on a joint account which was opened about 5 1/2 years ago but I have no idea how much for, and wouldn't like to hazard a guess!

Requested data: November 16th, with a note giving authority to take £10 as per legal allowance.

Response received: 29th November, telling me that I need to give permission for £5 fee to be taken! Hmm, methinks I smell some timewasting....phoned on 4th December to give permission and told I will receive statements within 10 days.

And that's where I am now, folks. Looking forward to seeing how much I'm owed, and will be fighting for every penny in order to pay some debt off. Once that's done then I will sort out the charges on my OH's own account, also with Halifax.

Just one tiny thing - my mortgage is with Halifax and I am fixed for a further 2 years. Please can someone advise that I'm right in thinking that that is a seperate contract and they cannot do any naughty things with it? We've never missed a payment.....

GO FOR IT!!

That's the only thing I can say at the moment!

there's nothing worse than a thread without a response!

Well, I'll follow it, and I'm here to help if you need me, along with thousands of others!

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

Good luck :)

Barclays

Settled in full 13/09/06 after LBA (£115.00):D

Nationwide

LBA sent 13/09/06 - Response 04/10/06.

Moneyclaim submitted 04/10/06.

Won (settled in full) 19/10/06. (£748.00):D

Halifax

S.A.R sent 05/10/06.

Prelim sent 14/11/06.

LBA sent 28/11/06.

Offer rejection sent 30/11/06.

GE Capital

S.A.R sent 25/10/06 on behalf of sister.

Incomplete statements sent.

Barclaycard

Prelim letter sent 30/11/06

Barclaycard agree to pay difference between charges and 12 pound OFT charge suggestion. Accepted £64.00 06/12/06.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update that Halifax still haven't sent me my statements, and the deadline is the 27th December. So 2 questions really - do bank holidays/weekends count in the 40 day deadline? And should I give them a quick call to check where my statements are? The £5 fee came out of my account last week, so it's not like they're completely ignoring me.

Usually you would get a letter from 'Ken Patton' at HBOS in Halifax to advise that your statements have been ordered.

May be worth calling to enquire? Their switchboard number is 01422 380880

Oh, and 40 days is 40 days, weekends & holidays included.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Update: 21st December

Woohoo! No need to phone them after all. Received all my statements in the post yesterday, and the grand total is....£704 without interest and £821.93 with interest :D . I will now wait until after Xmas to deal with the letterwriting etc, as I think I also need to do a double check on recent statements that have not been sent to me, to see if there are any other charges lurking (which I don't think there are but will be worth checking I reckon, and besides, will need to send it registered post and can't get it out in time today or tomorrow.

The most interesting thing I've spotted is how the cost of charges have risen so rapidly in the past 5 years:

July 2002 (when account was opened): £5 - a reasonable charge cost which is just enough to give a rap on the knuckles.

March 2003: Shot up to a shocking £28. Halifax seems to have misunderstood the rate of inflation!:rolleyes:

July 2003: Snuck up to £30 in the intervening 3 months

December 2004: Now gone to £35

November 2005: Arisen to its current rate of £39

Interesting stuff I feel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Updated 18th Jan:

Received the usual letter last week re. looking into my request blah blah, so have sent LBA today, having left the 14 days to pass.

I WILL get my money, I have credit cards and a wedding to pay for, and this will start some serious balls rolling.

• 2 weeks later...

Note sure if anyone's reading this now, but I need a little advice. I received an offer from the bank last night to pay me £434 of the £900 odd they owe me. I'm happy to keep going and today is the day I can file a claim, but how do I go about accepting the existing offer as partial payment - do I just write them a letter to that effect and file a claim for the difference? Or ignore the offer completely and file for the full amount?

Hi saver.

I think this is the letter your looking for

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html.

And put your claim in. :D Get the ball rolling.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

i was at the same stage as you on tuesday, could make a claim on line but phoned them up and asked them if they would settle in full, to save them the interest, they agreed, signed the form yesterday, should be in my account next week(£3400) it worth a try!

• Haha 1

Holy cow! Thanks Moonie67, I just tried your suggestion and it only worked like a charm! :D So I get the full £771 they owe me, for which I'll get a letter shortly, and a nice little "lecture" :rolleyes: about running my account properly - all without having to go to court! Saver6 vs Halifax, and I WIN!!!! hahahahahahahaha.

Not quite over yet, I will officially leave this thread alone and fill in the survey only when that precious money is in my account (that's one credit card completely paid off!)

Then to do my partners account.....:cool:

Well done Saver - another success story...

Moonie - you should be getting a fair few rep points for that number appearing - is there anywhere else that it can be posted to save people digging through threads..??

Survivor :cool:

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I'm not sure what number you guys are referring to... I used the one at the top of the settlement letter they sent me and spoke directly to the person who'd signed it. It was an 0191 number, but I haven't got it on me at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done..! Happy spending:D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .