Default Removal - Next step?

embo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Telewest have given me a default over £10 - which i know nothing about - and would never have allowed a default over £10 to happen.

I sent the following letter (although i have removed some of my personal info)

After recently obtaining a copy of my credit file from Experian I was concerned to note that your company has placed a "Default" notice against an account in my name.

Started: 21/07/2001.

Defaulted on: 20/05/2002

Default amount: £10

Further to this I have no recollection of ever receiving such a notice, and I therefore require you to substantiate this data at your earliest convenience.

1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit). Your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 cheque in payment of the statutory fee, Cheque number 100068

2. You must supply me with a signed true and certified copy of the original default notice

I would request that this data is provided to me within the next 14 days, if you are unable to provide this data then I must insist that it is removed from my files as unsubstantiated.

The cheque has been chashed and i know it was received any way as i sent it registered.

However today is their last day to reply to me and there has been no reply...

Does any one know what my next step should be.

I'm really angry abou this and i need to get it removed!

Many thanks

Emma

Hi Emma, I think this might be up Dayglo's street......very clued up on this type of thing and fighting numerous battles along the same lines.

Have a read through his thread for some inspiration, it may seem a little long winded but there's a lot of humour in there you can skip through.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/29293-dayglos-mission-get-his.html

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D