118118 PDL & Lowell - Default on credit file appears twice - what happens after the 6 years

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am sorry if there is already a post explaining this, I am still trying to use the website so I am unsure how to navigate. 

I have a default on my credit file for a 118 loan that I am making minimum repayments on  - the loan is £2000 and I am making £10 payments a month

This does appear on my credit karma report twice, one from Madison CF UK ltd & Lowell, I have asked for one to be removed on a number of occasions and this has never been actioned, so advice on how to tackle this would be great! 

Back to my main point,

the default started in 2017 so by 2023 it should be removed from my credit file (?)

what happens if I have not paid of the balance by then?

can they attempt to have it put back on my credit report, once it has been 6 years and it has not been paid

can they take it to a judge for a CCJ? 

I am incredibly confused as to what happens to an unpaid defaulted debt after the 6 years. 

Thank you in advance for your help :)

The debt was sold to Lowell so it's the same debt ....some times it can show under the original creditor as well as the new owner....it's irrelevant to your score ...it's one and the same debt.

After 6 years it falls off your report and can't return....paid in full or not.

as for CCJ court claims...that can be served even after it falls off your credit file....but unlikely if your making payments.It only becomes a risk if you halt payment.

As for making a payment to a debt once it's been sold.....well that's another chapter and you will have to research further here on the forum...

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Was your credit file shot with multiple defaults/late payments etc when this lender gave you this money?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to 118118 PDL & Lowell - Default on credit file appears twice - what happens after the 6 years

no not quite.

The Information Commissioners Office says:
All references to a defaulted debt must be removed from your credit files after 6 years 
has passed from date of default, whether paid off, paying now or not. 
{the WHOLE ACCOUNT WILL VANISH, never to return}.
{however, this does not mean the debt itself is not still owed
consider a CCA request.}
This is so that someone who continues paying something 
- even after 6 years from default 
- should not be at a disadvantage to someone who pays nothing after default 
and ends up with a clean file after 6 years. 
NOTE: {the bracketed text is not Information Commissioners Office guideline but my advise]

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...