Moneyway chasing payment for Car settled in new deal with Zuto.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Applied for finance for a car through Zuto last year, who used Moneyway as the finance company.

Zuto have their own dealers across the country you can use to finance cars or go to your own dealer.

We found a local dealer G5 cars about 4 miles away through Zutos own website and purchased  a car on finance for 4k last March C4 picasso VTR+. We have been making payments on the car no issues and it all went through at the time without complaint.

Zuto came back to us this year and said would you like to upgrade your car and we had preapproved finance.

We saw a car with the same dealer so went back to them and they offered us 2.5k for the car part ex which the rest of the finance was £2,400, we had to make one more payment to moneyway in June and did that and now have the new car and G5 currently have the old car up for sale now on their site for £3,460.

We got a call from Moneyway last week saying we missed a DD payment and the DD had been stopped. Explained what had happend and who we spoke to last month in moneyway to find out the final costs of the car and what payment to make. They seemed ok with this and heard nothing till this weekend.

They have sent a letter with a missed payment notice attached and asking for the £2586 for the cost of the car with missed payment costs added.

My wife is going to chase this up again. Who is responsible for the costs of the car?

should G5 have given us the £2,500 or would they have paid moneyway this money or zuto who are the broker?

G5 work with Zuto and all the other finance companies

I assume as a dealer they would have paid the car off to the finance company.

Nobody has explained to us when handing the car over who pays the final bill?

Get in touch with Zuto who should be able to resolve as they acted as your agent in regard to the finance arrangements.

Something has obviously gone wrong with the paperwork submitted when you exchanged the cars and the finance arrangements was revised. 

Should be easy for Zuto to resolve this.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So was the list price on the new car £4900?  It sounds like they used the trade in as said part ex against the new one. So you would still have to cover the outstanding balance for car 1 unless they rolled it in to the new car finance. But from the sound of your post that did not happen. 

The finance we have got is for the full cost of what they were selling the car at plus interest over the 4 years we will be paying for it. so this other car was £6160 or £8000 altogether with the interest

The old car had £2400 left outstanding finance we got £2500 for it trade in, this was so that we didn't need to go with a broker that did negative equity if the dealer gave us less. We had one payment of £186 to make to moneyway and that cleared the whole balance then. We have a letter to confirm this.

My wife is going to chase this up with Zuto tomorrow and find out whats going on.

Ok that clarifies things, so where did the £2500 go that you got for the sale of car 1? If this was a recent swap then the garage may not have sent the payment yet. 
I would talk to the garage personally and ask them where it is. 

However you did use the term part ex, which does mean the valve of that car was used against the new one. Have you double checked the paperwork to ensure it’s not shown against the new one?

I've just spoken with G5, They asked me to email them across the details of the 2 cars as he wasn't at the desk.

I've gone through the paper work that came with the new car. There is no sales paper work for either car to show purchase or trade in. There is a large number of documents for the new car from MOT to services as the car is a 63 plate so it's had a service every year I thought the paper work was in that but they haven't put it in. We do have the V5 for this car this new car though

It doesn't matter about that as Zuto have made a number of phone calls to G5 waiting to release funds as we had to wait for something to be fixed on the car before driving it away so Zuto are aware as well what was happening.

Edited by finaldj

• 2 weeks later...

Just updating this,

Moneyway still chasing us for the money, seems that G5 are the main problem, My wife had actually sent them the final fee weeks ago via email with a letter she has been given from moneyway.

G5 needed permission to make a payment to clear the balance with Moneyway, wife called Moneyway and gave permission for them to pay. Didn't hear anything from this point till a few days ago Moneyway chasing us for the money.

It appears G5 never made the payment. I left an average review on G5's site which triggered a response from them to call my wife and leave a message.

We sent G5 another copy of the email with the attachment Monday. Got another call from Moneyway today asking why payment hasn't been paid yet so had to contact G5.

The owner wasn't in so the MD dealt with it, wife explained everything was in the attachment sent in the email. when he checked he said there wasn't one there, then changed his mind and said the owner had opened it and hadn't seen that so just left it.

G5 offered to pay by credit card but moneyway said they can't take a payment over the phone for that amount with a card. so they offered a cheque to them and they said they could only take a bank transfer.

My wife has had to drive all the way down to the garage to try and sort it as the idiot seemed confused how to deal with a bank transfer so said he would need to leave it for the owner to deal with it tomorrow.

We said what about writing a cheque out to us and we'll do the bank transfer once it goes in and they said they don't do that incase we spend the money instead of paying it.

So it's still an on going ball ache with them at the moment. Wife has asked moneyway to revoke the failed payment on her credit report but they've passed it back onto G5 saying it's them that deal with that. which is nonsense as Moneyway have issued the failed payment notice to us.

Thats another thing to chase up after all this is sorted.

Edited by dx100uk
added A few blank lines only..dx

• dx100uk changed the title to Moneyway chasing payment for Car settled in new deal with Zuto.