Jump to content


Halifax just phoned and offered me under half of what they owe!Help!


lmb
 Share

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Just had a call from Halifax offering me £1000.00 my claim is for £2418.00!Can't believe it.Sent my LBA monday by registered post.They babbled on about credit card rulings but nothing about bank accounts!My claim is for charges on our bank account.Now here's the biggy do I accept the thousand or hold out for the lot.I don't want to accept but I'm scared we'll end up with nothing!Haven't even told my husband yet as he's at work but he has been saying we won't get anything back.We are going up against a big business!But I've done everything I needed to do with all the correct paperwork etc and I was preparing to take it to court although that terrifys me!And why would they phone me being very pleasant I might add and offer us £1000.00.Do you think we might get offered the full amount if we hold on they must be concerned to offer us the thousand.Any advise would be really great.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was offered £633 by Halifax in a letter I recieved Tuesday, I wrote back using the template in the library on this site, to say that I will accept it as PART settlement but I will be continuing as planned to Court for the remaining amount (they owe me £964)

Stick to your guns and DO NOT accept as full and final settlement, my friend has gone through this with Halifax already and she had to go as far as logging claim with Court but got the full amount back before she had to step foot inside a court room.

I know it is scary but stick with it and you WILL get your full amount back, Halifax seem to be offering part of what people are asking for in the hope that they will accept this and not persue them for the full amount you are owed....... contiunue to read the threads on this site and gain confidence in the fact that if you stick this out you will win in the end :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Coyotesj.I need to discuss things with my husband as I've said he didn't think I would get anywhere with this but I need him to look through this site.It has given me confidence to pursue this.I was taken aback by the phonecall from Halifax.And I am scared stiff about taking the Halifax to court but like you say they owe us a lot more than what they've just offered!Thankyou for the support I am very grateful.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is up to you what you decide. But dont let the fear of not winning or having to go to court make you decide. My hubby wrote a prelim letter to the Natwest and 2 days later they made an offer. He was claiming back £880 and they offered £550 and he accepted the offer and has got the money. Sure, some people will say that he should have gone for the lot but he thought it was a fair offer and decided to accept. I was offered £470 from the Halifax for a claim of £1799 which I thought was an insult so i took them to court and I got all my money back today.

 

It is up to you to decide if you think it is a fair offer. But dont let fear guide you, if you take them to court YOU WILL WIN.

Link to post
Share on other sites

IMB, make sure you read lots of threads on the site. You will see that it's normal practice to make an offer. They're trying to save money after all. They offered my son £1200. We said we would accept in part payment and pursue the rest. They will then withdraw the offer. Don't worry it's all scare tactics to get you to settle for less than they owe. Stick to your guns, send the LBA and then file the court claim. YOU WILL GET ALL YOUR MONEY, be positive. They know they can't win. Why else would they keep paying up. Tell Hubby he should read the threads on here. You will see that although the timescales vary, as long as you follow the guidelines you have nothing to worry about. My advice is DONT ACCEPT THEIR OFFER which is less than half of what they owe you.

David

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...