Income Protection Insurance Appeal (Policy Definition)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Good folks

I have recently had my income protection insurance stopped, after functionality tests carried out by a "health professional" chosen by them to carry out an assessment. I ought really clarify that health professional really shouldn't be applied, Insurance assessor is more apt.

Anyone who has been through this will know that its "fait accomplie" .. the factual inaccuracies and exaggerations were upsetting. My employer would also have read the report and may have taken it on face value.

I now need to appeal the decision, however my employer refuses to give me a copy of the policy which contains the wording for the "definition of incapacity" which is crucial to my appeal. I asked 10 (ten) times amicably, before taking advice and raising a DPA to get this information, which is also being contested. 

I'm in a position where I need to appeal, but am being obstructed from doing so effectively by my employer who is the only body that can supply this, its theirs and my document. This feels wholly wrong to me, unethical at the very best. Legally can anyone advise if they are obliged to provide this as a matter of course? or give any advice? I've contacted ACAS but they advise to seek to solve amicably.. which I have!

Thanks in advance

Hello, welcome to CAG. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having.

Can you tell us who the insurer is please and the name of their income protection plan? It might be that their documentation is online.

Best, HB

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

All of the information you need to start dealing with this, is contained in the following link.

WWW.FINANCIAL-OMBUDSMAN.ORG.UK

How businesses can resolve income protection insurance complaints.

if the employer is refusing to provide information, therefore denying you opportunity to use any complaints process, you can go straight to the FOS.  Tell the employers you will involve them in a complaint, if you need to, so better they cooperate.

• Like 2

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...
On 31/07/2021 at 07:04, honeybee13 said:

Hello, welcome to CAG. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having.

Can you tell us who the insurer is please and the name of their income protection plan? It might be that their documentation is online.

Best, HB

Hi HB, thanks for your kind reply, sorry for the delayed response. Do you mind if I send you the detail by PM? I will happily summarise afterwards for the benefit of the board, Cheers

On 05/10/2021 at 05:54, honeybee13 said:

OK. Send anything confidential in the first instance and we'll put up a summary, as you say, to keep the discussion public.

Have there been any developments since July?

HB

Thanks HB! am trying to PM you but getting the "not logged in" screen. As soon as i'm able i'll drop a line :)