Goods not received - Paid using Paypal Gateway ***Resolved with PayPal****

parity4all
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bought an old computer that was on special offer online. URL of website: 

https://www.informationwind.com/

When it came to payment, website showed paypal as an option. I selected it. It then asked if I wanted to add debit/credit card. Added my monese virtual debit card. It then said 'we have received payment successfully' and showed payment method 'Paypal2 WPS EC'. On monese app feed I can see transaction description 'Paypal *Dehuishizha De' and amount £22.48. 

After about a week or two I emailed their customer support to ask  when I will receive order. No response. Checked their website and it's down even today. 

When I completed the purchase it never offered an option to create a paypal account, so I'm unable to login to Paypal to raise a dispute. 

In this scenario, is my best (and only) option to raise a chargeback with Monese?

Edited by parity4all

Yes certainly try and raise the chargeback. Let us know what happens.

Sounds if you have been scammed

• 3 weeks later...

Unbelievable. Logged in to my Paypal account on the off chance (on 5 August 2021). The transaction was there clear as day. Couldn't believe it. 

I reckon the reason is because the card I used when making payment was linked to my PayPal account. PayPal automatically linked transaction to my PayPal account. That's how come  when making payment I didn't see any login screen to paypal (or invitation to create account). I definitely wasn't logged in to PayPal on the browser either. If anyone can suggest another theory please feel free.

I immediately raised a 'item not received' claim. It took a few attempts as every time I attached the evidence (screenshots), filled the 'add more details about the issue' and clicked submit an error would pop-up. So, if you have lots of details to add, I recommend typing it in notepad or word and copy and paste to PayPal.  

Finally was able to submit claim successfully and message pops up saying 'we'll review your information and get back to you by 04 September 2021 at 16:02...'

On Sunday (15 August 2021) I receive email from paypal saying 'Case closed in your favour' and that they've issued a refund for 29.99 USD. Yesterday £22.48 has been credited to my Monese bank account. 

Please mark the thread as won.

Edited by parity4all

• Andyorch changed the title to Goods not received - Paid using Paypal Gateway ***Resolved with PayPal****