A little advice please

araynick

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just about to submit a moneyclaim on behalf of my partner but after reading through some of threads am I right in thinking I have to send a copy of the charges I am claiming for to the Abbey before I submit the claim, if this is so do I add the interest at this point? Presumably after sending this I can continue with moneyclaim, when I've done this do I then send another copy of the amount I am claiming to the Abbey with the interest added. He has already received a GOGW of £500.00, so I have drafted a letter as follows:"Dear Abbey .......... I can confirm I am receipt of £500.00 which you have refunded to my acount as a gesture of goodwill I am happy to accept this as a part settlement but will continue with my claim to recover the remaining funds a schedule of which I am enclosing.......":|

Hi, I think that you need to go back and read the step by step instructions, when you send the Letter Before Action, did you include the spreadsheet (without interest at this stage?) if not then I would resend it with the spreadsheet before you complete MCOL - don't give them anything to complain about whether it be information or time given, and as he has received the GOGW, take it off you most recent charges and when you claim, don't forget to inform the court that you have received this

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I will send above draft along with schedule of charges, I did state the amount I was claiming in the LBA to the Abbey (although it has gone up by a small amount now) but did not itemise the amounts. Will do this then submit my moneyclaim in a couple of days time just to make sure they have received it before the claim goes to court, presumably I send a schedule of charges plus interest to the Abbey when the moneyclaim is submitted. Does this sound OK. Thanks again.

Hi resend the LBA with a copy of the spreadsheet without interest, when you file with MCOL, send them a copy of the Spreadsheet with interest clearly marked with your name account number and Claim reference, when Abbey acknowledge and the court send you a copy of their acknowledgment, then send them via email (for quickness) and recorded delivery, a copy of your spreadsheet with interest.

Hope this helps

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Just a word of advice, when you write accepting the offer as a partial payment against the rest.

As them to confrim in writing they understand that you intend to accept it only as partial payment.

Its unlikely they ever will write back but it puts them on a stick wicket if in the futrue they decide to play silly fools.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA