Some People... Early Settlement

iwgunter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some people really p155 me off!

I wrote the letter asking for her statements, worked out all the charges and wrote the Prelim Letter for her, posted them. Totals about £3,000. Barclays send a letter back offering her £1,000 as full settlement.

She asks me my opinion and I said to accept it as part settlement only and continue for the rest of it.

So she comes in today and says "I decided to take the money and not continue fighting for the rest".

The thing that really annoys me is that she is helping the banks make it more difficult it for the rest of the people claiming their money.

By accepting the small early settlement payout, the banks know that they can string it out and still retain loads of the money because people won't want to wait that long.

I really wish I'd never helped her in the first place.

Capital One - Charges

PAID OUT IN FULL WITH 8% INT

HSBC - Charges

Unfair Dismissal

PAID OUT FULL COMPENSATION

NCP PAD Parking 'Fine'

FULLY CANCELLED

Some people do not want the additional stress of the fight and take only a third of what is their money, so I know how annoyed you must be. However, as is always said on the threads, the choices are yours or rather hers to make and she made her choice to take the £1000.00 which if you hadn't helped her, would have been nil. I would congratulate her on her win because £1000.00 is better than nothing.

I came I saw I helped. I could do no more.

I know it's her decision, but it annoys me that I sit down and help her out after she's asked me for my help, and I pretty much end up doing it all for her and then she doesn't actually listen to what I, and the whole of this forum, say.

That's why I wish I'd never helped her.

Capital One - Charges

HSBC - Charges

Unfair Dismissal

PAID OUT FULL COMPENSATION

NCP PAD Parking 'Fine'

FULLY CANCELLED

Totally understand and would be the same but she did win £1000.00 and I'm sure she is grateful to you. Had she not had a good mate like you she would have got nothing. Yes, you would have got her even more but she has £1000.00 and will be sure to spread the word of the CAG which means, more people on the CAG more money the banks will have to pay and that is the positive side to it all. Did she buy you a beer?

I came I saw I helped. I could do no more.