Received £80 request from CCS for no vehicle tax, it was untaxed while i was awaiting a new logbook as id lost it

Bushwack
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Are CCS saying they are acting on behalf of DVLA?

When untaxed, was as the vehicle

a) used?

b) on a road?,

c) if not a road, a highway maintained at public expense,

d) if not, details of the ownership (and access to the public!) of where it was parked.

Additionally, was it insured (or SORN'ed??)

Ignore ccs they are a powerless dca

if you might owe anything the dvla will write.

i suspect they are out of time anyway from the date of the 1st missed tax/not sorn'd date. Hence using a dca, they only had 6mts.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, it was parked on my driveway the whole time, i was using a different car, since maybe jan/feb this year at the earliest

It was then taken from my drive to a mechanic via a flatbed trailer, and taken from the mechanic back home today (when i taxed it)

I can attach a pic of the letter?

It was insured during the period, its not worth a lot anymore but its still expensive for me if that makes sense haha, i wouldn't have left it uninsured, so was insured and not taxed, i added my cheap runabout to my policy while all this logbook/ mechanic stuff was ongoing and just never SORN'd it

forget about it, and ignore CCS.

nothing they can do .

a DCA is not a BAILIFF

and have 

ZERO legal powers on ANY DEBT ..no matter what it's type

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Check the wording of the letter. £80 is the normal DVLA penalty offer for the offence of being the registered keeper of an unlicensed vehicle, (which they may be using CCS to deal with).  If not paid, it can result in a summons to magistrates court. 

no

Your details have been passed to CCS because you have not taxed your vehicle or completed a statutory off road notification document or SORN, resulting in a £80 fine which the DVLA has asked CCS to recover.

and no you wont get a magistrates summons either.

its not summary offence.

and they

A Summary Offence is one that can be dealt with by summons at Magistrates Court. Perhaps you meant 'its Not a summary offence'

Had it been kept or used  on the public road, it would have been a summary offence.

Edited by Gick
  • I agree 1

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

No. to have an unlicensed vehicle (not SORNed) is an administrative 'offence', to keep or use an unlicensed vehicle on a public road or place, ie subject to public upkeep is a summary offence..

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Unless exempt, being the user or keeper of an unlicensed vehicle is an offence contrary to s.29(1), Vehicles Excise and Registration Act 1994.

Being the registered keeper of an unlicensed vehicle is an offence contrary to s.31(A) & 31(C) of the same act.

so what?
still doesn't mean a DCA has any powers whatsoever

and they

For being the registered keeper of an unlicensed vehicle, the DVLA will often offer a Late Licensing Penalty prior to any prosecution. It could be that the DCA are dealing with on their behalf, and return the matter to the DVLA for further action if it is not paid.

Edited by Montego

only the ones that are an administrative 'offence' only or summary ones that are already outside of 6mts are passed to a powerless dca, both of which can never 'then' have further action taken by the DVLA, as there is no further legal action they can take..

and they

Montego, you need to read and understand all of the legislation, not just a bit that you find on Google..

(2B)Subsection (1) does not apply to a vehicle if—

(a)the vehicle is being neither used nor kept on a public road, and

(b)the particulars and declaration required to be furnished and made by regulations under section 22(1D) have been furnished and made in accordance with the regulations and the terms of the declaration have at no time been breached.