VCS Windscreen PCN - BROOKE RETAIL CAR PARK RUISLIP, HA4 0LN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks

After some advice if you would please?

Went to play footbal the other night and Goals car park was full, decided it was a good idea to park up in the Retail Car Park opposite. Due to being slightly late and rushing i didnt really see/pay attention to any signage.

Came back from playing football 1 hr later to see a Privacy Notice on my windshield, four days later a PCN/NTK through my door.

I have since been back to the site to examine the signage more closely, indeed it does state that by parking and leaving the site you are committing an offence.

I was going to pay the fine as i did fall foul of the rules displayed but since i have been told that these are not enforcable and more of a scam.

Looking for decent advice from knowledgable people please, i dont mind paying but also dont want to fund part of whats wrong with this world.

please see below answers from questionaire:

For a windscreen ticket (Notice To Driver) please answer the following questions....

1 The date of infringement?

08/07/2021

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?]

NO

If you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it,

suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide] - NA

Has there been a response?

NA

Please AS A PDFFILE  ONLY ..post it up as well, suitably redacted. - follow the upload guide] - NA

If you haven't appealed yet - .........DONT ! seek advice on your topic first.

Have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]

YES

What date is on it?

12/07/2021

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence?

YES

[scan up BOTHSIDES to ONE PDF of the PCN and your NTK - follow the upload guide]

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?]

INDIRECTLY YES.

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

NA

5 Who is the parking company?

VEHICLE CONTROL SWERVICES LIMITED

6. Where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park?

BROOKE RETAIL CAR PARK RUISLIP, HA4 0LN

PCN 08.07.21.pdf

Hello, welcome to CAG.

I wouldn't rush to pay this, let the guys have a look at your information please. It isn't a fine, btw, we call them speculative invoices.

People should be along over the course of the day.

ETA: If you do a search on CAG, we have a couple of other VCS/Brooke Retail Park threads that it will be worth your reading. My search for 'brooke retail park' wasn't very helpful, but typing in 'ruislip' turned up the other threads.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi, any chance you can get photographs of the signage they have scattered about the car park?

Also get onto the local authority website and see if they have planning permission for the signs they have.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS Windscreen PCN - BROOKE RETAIL CAR PARK RUISLIP, HA4 0LN

do not appeal..

click me and read up - 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Also where do you get the idea its an Offence, it isn't Parking and leaving the site might be unenforceable especially if by CCTV as is another ball game with GDPR, unless an operative was on site saw yo walk off.  But its no Fine never can be, so the Team will look at best way to counter their Invoice, as that's what it is an Invoice for breaching a Contract they aver you entered into by parking there.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

no private parking company can ever enforce reverse trespass...end of.

pers i'd love this to goto court as the judge would eat simon for breakfast for charging someone a sum of money for leaving private property no matter what the reason.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi there - I know this is probably a bit overwhelming and unfair. My thread is also about the Brook Retail Park, Ruislip so feel free to give it a read if you want to know what to expect. I definitely recommend reading as many threads as you can to get an idea of how this all works! Best of luck. 

• Like 1

I know where you are as my son used to play at Goals several years ago.

The Privacy Notice is a Notice to the Driver so it should mean that the NTK arrives  between 28 and 56 days later.

In addition under PoFA the period of parking must be specified. In other words it needs a start period and a finish period. A single time does not cut it nor does it comply with the requirements of PoFA especially if the photos of the car are not time stamped you could argue that as you have 10 minutes to make up your mind so you could have arrived at 19.00 and left at 19.10. 

The NTK does not comply either when it comes to the wording of advising that the responsibility of the "debt" is transferred from the driver to the keeper.

This section sTates that NTK MUST include a form of words and this one doesn't as it does not mention- (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met). And there are several  conditions that haven't been met.

A windscreen ticket would be a Notice to Driver but I doubt the Privacy Notice is anything of the sort going by VCS past behaviour.

By not issuing a windscreen ticket nor operating an ANPR system VCS choose not to comply with PoFA as they have no interest in legally creating keeper liability, they simply imply it. 

By not complying, they can only pursue the driver and not the keeper as they threaten, but it does somehow allow them to get at keeper details from the DVLA without the delays mandated by PoFA

I don't understand how DVLA can release keeper details under these conditions as their own rules clearly say data is disclosed to allow followup of unpaid parking ticket left on a vehicle or to issue the notice to driver charge when ANPR is used.

In short, VCS don't use PoFA so I would not put stock in using PoFA for defence.