toffeeman V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everybody,

Just thought I would say Hi.

I am about to start proceedings against the Halifax for £2679 in charges incurred over the past six years.

I have my Preliminary letter and spreadsheet ready, and will be posting them recorded delivery tomorrow morning.

As xmas is just around the corner this will probably take a bit longer as the Bank will use the excuse of the postal service at xmas.

Anyway, I dont know if I need to start a new thread for this or if it will be moved to the Halifax section?

Thanks to everyone at this site for your information, I will definetly be donating once my claim is settled.

Speak soon

Adz

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, time for an update.

I have just received today (16/12/06) a letter from Paul Williams, Customer Relations Officer for Halifax in Leeds.

I have added a copy of the letter below, they also sent me a leaflet entitled "Personal Customer Complaints, Here's what we'll do"

Im not sure what to do next as in the letter as it says "A customer relations manager will investigate the points you have raised and you will receive a reply shortly, but certainly no later than 4 weeks"

I would be grateful if anybody could tell me whether or not I should send the Letter Before Action?

Anyway the letter is copied below.

13 December 2006

Dear Mr **********

Thank you for your letter, which was received at this office on 13th December 2006.

I am sorry to learn that you are unhappy with your charges applied to your bank account.

We're keen to deal with your concerns as quickly as possible. A customer relations manager will investigate the points you have raised and you will receive a reply shortly, but certainly no later than 4 weeks.

You will find enclosed a copy of our leaflet, which tells you how we will handle your complaint.

Your concerns will be dealt with as quickly as possible, but to help us deal more efficiently with your enquiry, please quote 9******** when writing or telephoning the number at the top of this letter.

Yours Sincerley

Paul Williams

Customer Relations Officer

Customer Relations.

Is this the usual reply??

Should I send the next letter, or should I wait 4 weeks??

Thanks

Adz

Yes, that is the usual reply!

Yes, you should send LBA!

Yes, stick to your schedule, they are trying to stall you.

Imagine if you waited 4 weeks only for them to say that you are not going to get anything refunded nor do they accept any responsibility?

You are in control, and you call the shots, so don't let them decide on your behalf.

Of course, that's my opinion, you could wait if you want to, but I personally wouldn't.

AWC is right, im at the same stage as you, and all the aadvice i have had is do not change your time line. Even through the christmas hols. Keep to the schedule. :)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

I received another letter from the Halifax, this time they have offered me half the amount of the charges and asked me to sign a declaration saying I accept the offer and that is the end of it.

So time to send the next letter :)

I will keep you upto date as to what happens next.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry its been so long since I posted on here.

What happened is, I sent my final letter "signed for" and it never arrived, when I contacted the post office they said "Im sorry, its just coming up as in transit and undelivered, I dont know where it is, please wait upto 10 days", so I did, phoned them again, same message.

So I sent another letter special delivery, this has been delivered, but still no reply.

So now I need to take action online.

Could somebody please point me in the right direction for the instructions on how to take legal action, i.e which website and how to do it?

Many thanks

Toffeeman2004

Ok,

I have found the link and prepared my online claim.

As soon as I get paid later this week I will be paying my court costs.

Another thing I have noticed, my bank account online usually says overdraft limit £250.00 but now it says N/A, does anybody think the bank knows whats coming next so they are getting ready to close my account?

Also since I started the process I have a couple more charges on my account, should I reclaim these after my case is complete?

If you havnt filed yet you can keep adding on the charges until it is filed at court. Just keep adding :D

Im not sure about your overdraft, I am near the end now.......:rolleyes: and fingers crossed they havnt touched mine.

I will go balistic if they do :eek:

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

nope, no letter needed.

Just add them to your spread sheets. You can keep adding to your spread sheet until the last min. Until you hand over at court.

You dont need to inform anyone of this.

Because of a mix up they did i added almost £3000 at the last min. :D

F&Q's... Read here

To be honest i dont know much about mcol as i filed N1. But it might tell you in here,

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

if not im sure some one will let you know who has done it.

F&Q's... Read here

OK

Put claim in via MCOL on Friday 2nd February 2007, it was served today Monday 5th February and it says the defendant has 14 days to respond.

The question I have is on the site when I logon to MCOL it has a tab called "Judgement" if I click on Start I have two options, do I not use these until the 14 days is up?

I've looked in the help section in MCOL's website but its not that helpful.

Any ideas?

Only use the judgement if you dont hear anything for 14 days. Not before, you dont want to be making any mistakes now this far in ;)

• Haha 1

F&Q's... Read here

• 2 weeks later...

Ok,

Halifax were served with the court papers and have 28 days apparantly from the date they were served.

On the 19th February 2007, Halifax "Acknowledged" the claim.

Now im guessing this just means they are saying "Yes we have received the claim"

Last week which was over a week after I payed for the court service online, I got another letter from Halifax saying "Im sorry to hear you are unhappy with the banks charges, please phone me to discuss the situation"

I have ignored this letter and am now waiting to see if the bank pay me in full, ignore me so I have to ask for default judgment or raise a defence against my case.

I contacted Money Claim Online as I was confused, originally I was told they had 14 days to respond, I didnt realise this meant they only had to Acknowledge the claim within 14 Days.

They have done this on the 19th and MCOL now say the Halifax have until 4pm on the 12th March 2007 to submit a defense or I can then apply for default judgement against them, this is taking a lot longer than I thought, I started the process at the beginning of December!

Is there any end to it?

Like most others Im starting to worry now

Good luck toffeeman! Halifax were easier on me!!! They paid up after I telephoned when they didn't respond to the LBA. I'd have gone the whole way like you are though if they'd not. I suppose if you look at it another way, by taking them to court you do get back "a little xtra" 8% from Howard Halifax ;)

best wishes. jaxads x

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

OK Starting to worry now!

The court sent me a document saying the Halifax had acknowleged the case on the 19th Feb and they have 28 days (14th March) to submit a defence.

Halifax have ticked the box that say they intend to defend all charges!!

Is this normal??

Or should I start worrying??