skint-0ne v Lloyds tsb

skint-one
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just started collating charges details, have worked out which charge sheets i need and really up for the challenge, scary thing is i didnt realise it was so much... am working only on cheque returns, returned std orders and d/d should i be looking at more?

also started off the parachute account and once this is underway going to have a go at my old sole trader account with nat west as there is some stuff there too. Do i treat that as a individual or business account

right off we go....

skinty

Claim for what they owe you.

I just read one guy is claiming for £18k

Your Sole Trader account is a personal account. A business account is if you owned the business and you traded under it. ie. Skint-Ones Painting and Decorating Firm Bank Account.

Claim for what they owe you.

I just read one guy is claiming for £18k

Your Sole Trader account is a personal account. A business account is if you owned the business and you traded under it. ie. Skint-Ones Painting and Decorating Firm Bank Account.

the sole trader account was skinty trading as painting and dec firm, is that still the same? (personal account) thanks for the help

• 1 month later...

Hi gary, wondered if you could point me in the right direction on a little question i have. I am about to complete the schedule of charges on the spreadsheet but an uncertain if the charges have to be put in as the date the items where returned or the date the charges were applied, i think it is the latter but need to sort this as if i am wrong then the interest calculated will be wrong and then if it gets to court my claim will be wrong. if i am being a bit dim with this i apologise but also thank you in advance for your time

skinty

Its the date the charges were applied. :)

• Haha 1

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

changed your thread title as you are suing them not the other way around ;)

• Haha 1

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 3 weeks later...

right LBA is now sent, and guess what, received a letter from debbie gilbert today, the standard rejection letter blah blah blah.... and this evening the bank phoned me and said they are going to start action against me as the charges they have applied have put me over our overdraft limit... the cheek... should i write to them reference this??? any advice anyone..... also should i now start to fill out the court paperwork? advice from those who know gladly accepted

Skinty

They will do what they are going to do - I would not bother to write to them.

Just issue the N1 after the 14 days LBA expiration period.

Good idea to start completing the N1 now you may have a few questions.

• Haha 1

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks GuidoT filled out on line and sent today. what is likely to happen next? the claim is for £9,701.40, have LLoyds started taking the nat west tack of settling before going legal? or do they push it all the way? also just starting off the third process against barclays for an account that closed some 3 years back, sent off the data protection letter over the 40 days ago with as much details of the account as possible including account name, branch address and acount managers name, nothing back from them, whats next to do with this one???

skinty

Lloyds not taking Natwest tact. You have to commence legal proceedings against Lloyds to get any reasonable offer - usually get full offer around 2 months after N1 at AQ stage, i.e. excluding CI and pre 6 years charges.

On Barclays open a thread in that forum.

In case you are not aware and as you filed using MCOL send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. and a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim On Line

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours sincerely,

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement (not the Notice of Issue) from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

Yours faithfully

• 3 weeks later...

just been to mcol and see that sc&m are going to defend... i take it this is usual??? what should i start doing now??? what is the timescale likely to be before things start hotting up??? now all is in motion how long do these things generally take? the claim was regarded as served on the bank on 12th march.

any info / advice greatly received

skinty

Hi

Yes this is normal. You should shortly get a copy of the defence and an Allocation Questionnaire to fill in. Use these links to help you with that:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/57708-draft-order-allocation-questionnaires.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

• 2 weeks later...

help panic has struck the skint ones household... first the mcol have sent me a form notifying transfer of proceedings to my local court as SC&m are going to defend, full notes of their defence are available if necessary, then today i have received from local court notice of allocation to small claims track although claim is for nearly 10K inc interest, the judge has dispensed with AQ's is this normal??? and the hearing to take place on 17th may i have to deliver to the court and SC&m copies of all docs and any experts report... am now unsure of my pos... any help / advice greatfully received...

skinty..

• 2 weeks later...

There is no hard and fast rule, all seems a bit random, sometimes they leave it to the day before the hearing.

Sometimes they put the money in your account without even writing, so check your bank account now and again, in particular in the week leading up to the hearing date.

It is almost certain that they will settle they always do.