NBK bank in Kuwait chasing me for UAE Credit Card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help with information about nBK bank in Kuwait chasing me for debt, I had to leave my job as my children could not enter the country during the pandemic and did not recieve my indemnity pay from my company and therefore could not pay my credit card. Can the debt be enforced in the U.K.?

its not quite as simple as that, but the bottom line is IF you don't do things properly and follow the advice here , then the answer is yes - you'll eventually get scammed into paying it. tell us where you are at at present, i'e why have you have you come here? someone making noises at you? if so tell us who and the details.

i won't go into everything now, its far better you read up , i'll give those details below,

1st and best thing you can do to minimise issues going fwd is to closed down or make private ANY social media sites you use, because they will gleam pers details from them and pester relations, so if you've things like facebook/Instagram, twitter severely limit who can see what inc pictures etc etc.

2nd thing you need to do is simply WRITE to the bank and keep them informed of your correct and current address, that way you protect against backdoor litigation that MIGHT happen that you'll know nowt about.... lastly you are just about safe to ignore everyone and everything the send/do but do NOT ignore a letter of claim or a court claimform should either of those ever come your way. but don't respond or do anything bar writing to the BANK ONLY unless you check with us first.

ive moved you to the overseas debt forum.

use our enhanced google search box on this page and type in UAE....the more you read the stronger we become.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to NBK bank in Kuwait chasing me for UAE Credit Card debt

I am in the U.K., I have recieved letters from a law firm called ward Hadaway demanding the money in dollars (which I thought was strange as the debt is in kuwaiti dinars). My issue is that the bank first gives these credit cards without any application on the basis and security that if the debt is not paid then expats indemity/end of service pay would cover the debt but if the company I worked for did

not pay me my salaries during the pandemic  or my end of service then how can I cover the debt?

expats have very little rights in Kuwait but if a claim was bought in a U.K. court I would want to defend the claim by stating how these banks are breaking laws with expats. I had to use the credit card because I wasn’t being paid. The company  I worked for is now refusing to give me a professional reference even though they have said I was good at my job. The senior leader however has said she doesn’t like the fact I left so won’t give me a reference, which means I am having difficulty getting a job here!!! Not understanding that this was a form of constructive dismissal as they were not paying me and forcing me to continue working and refusing to help me get my children’s visa. In the end I left because I had to be with my children.

will a claim be bought in a U.K. court and can I defend it?

A claim could be made in UK Court and yes you could defend it. But you should write to the Bank providing current UK address and if you move keep them updated. This should help ensure you received any Court claim

Have you contacted Kuwati Government department in regard to issues with the employers?  They might advise you on who to contact in regard to employment rights. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes I contacted Kuwait ministry of education with no reply, not being in Kuwait means I cannot physically go to the ministry which is what most people have recommended. I will write to the bank and provide them with up do date details.

does anyone know of any claims that been filed in England and what the process is?

Read this thread to get an idea of process.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

@Pandemic2021
why not try Kuwait embassy in London to see if they can provide information about how to deal with employment issues in Kuwait.