Financial Ombudsman

leon30001

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am at the stage just before I make a court claim (scheduled for 11 Dec). My question is, did anyone who got this far get a letter and a leaflet pertaining to a financial ombudsman? I have just received such a document, accompanied by a very confident sounding letter to the effect of "we have been transparent and are comfortable with our charges policy". I suppose I should just ignore this and plow on?

I was just curious to see if anyone else had got this response i.e. is it a standard Nationwide platitude?

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll write to them; something to the effect of "thanks for your letter but I still intend to start court proceedings as per my original schedule", as you suggest.

From the letter I get the impression that they think it is unreasonable for me to take action in that their charges are stipulated when you open an acoount i.e. they keep missing the point that the charges are stipulated - that's not in dispute - but they are also unjustifiably exorbitant. I guess they know this which is why they continually fail to address it in their correspondance.

I got one of those letters too. I just ignored it and submitted my claim online with MCOL 5th Dec.

I am now waiting for the response and letter about closing my account. I was thinking about closing accounts before they do anyway.

Kirsty

Nationwide

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15th Oct 06

Standard letter received 19th Oct 06

Statements received 27th Oct 06

Prelim letter sent 30th Oct 06

L.B.A - (Letter before action) sent 20th Nov 06

MCOL - Issued 6th December

Bank of Scotland

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 20th Oct 06

Letter received thanks for request, but we need account details ect, Can they not read! 6th Dec 06

Goldfish

S.A.R - sent 2nd Nov 06

Standard reply received 21st Nov 06

Hi Kirstytwin + Leon3001,

I think that I saw on another thread somewhere that if U keep transferring (...obviously spare) money between different current accounts it shows up on future credit scores as a larger amount coming into your accounts every month and so enables U to have a higher limit on CC's...if needed.

Am not sure how much mileage there is in that?

...but whilst Nationwide haven't told U when/if they are closing your flexaccount yet, U might want to look into it further?

Hope to have given U both something to think about that may be beneficial!

• Haha 1

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)