Currys online order lost by DPD - Refuse Refund - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a Dyson Cooling Fan online from Currys on 19 Jul, a substantial purchase for me at £339, but absolutely necessary even if it took all my savings. I paid extra for next day delivery.  

The 20th came and went - It never arrived. The courier was DPD so I checked the tracking details. It arrived in the local DPD Depot at 0727 on 20 Jul and stayed there - It said “your delivery is being held in the depot” no reason why and no contact from DPD either.  It took me all day to get hold of DPD who checked and rang me back advising me that my delivery is missing! Stolen more like… DPD were not interested at all.

I managed to get Currys Customer Services after nearly 3 hours and told her what I had happened and what I had found out. She said she would ring DPD and I had to hold. She came back and said that it was being held in the Depot! Which is what I had told her!! I advised her that it had gone missing from DPD and she was so unhelpful. I requested a refund, but was told I could not have it until the outcome of a full investigation which could take 14 days plus!  

This item was urgently needed for medical reasons, hence the reason I paid for the next day delivery, so without the refund I cannot source anything else as I had used all my savings for this purchase. Currys we’re not interested. I have spent hours trying to get help with this issue as I do not believe Currys should withhold my money! The carrier is their issue, not mine, I didn’t engage DPD, there is absolute proof that the carrier received the item and lost it, I have nothing to do with the transit of my delivery at all so why am I being penalised? 

They are literally stealing my money. Everywhere I have gone for help has advised me to write complaints and all that rubbish, BUT I have to give them 14 days to respond! I need my money now.

What is the point!

Why don’t Consumer Laws actually help us?

Who writes these laws?

How do we get them changed?

I am absolutely beside myself will all this and have nowhere to turn.

It has had a severely detrimental effect on both my physical and mental health. 

• dx100uk changed the title to Currys online order lost by DPD - Refuse Refund - help

how did you pay currys - debit card?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In any event, your protected by the distance selling regulations.

Send Currys an email and tell them that you are now rejecting the goods under your rights in the distance selling regulations. You are entitled to a cooling off period of 14 days from the date of delivery and as it hasn't even been delivered yet, you are entitled to reject it out of hand and for no reason whatsoever.

Make sure this is in writing – email will do – and then I suggest that you telephone them and confirm that they have received it. Tony get a reference number. Insist on your refund – and as asked by my site team colleague above, how did you pay?

If it was by debit card then you should call your bank and begin a chargeback process. Your bank might try to say that they don't get involved in contractual issues. Tell them that there is no contract because the item has been delivered and you want your money back.

Get a reference number from the bank as well. Read our customer services guide

Thank you for your help and advice.

I used PayPal to purchase the item and have started a complaint with them but again I have to wait 14 days.  

I cannot email Currys as they have closed off all their emails, even though they still direct you to them on their website.

I need to buy a replacement item now, not in 14 days.

I just don’t understand how they can hold my money when it is their agent that is at fault!  

I am going to have to borrow some 🥺

how do you pay paypal, was it existing funds then?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

with an existing balance in your PP account or your paypal account had to suck money from your bank a/c to pay for the fan?   you'll get it in a minute i'm sure....

and they

so on your online bank statement there is a transaction for the relevant item amount yes.....?

and they

3 hours ago, Bellemorte said:

I cannot email Currys as they have closed off all their emails, even though they still direct you to them on their website.

I need to buy a replacement item now, not in 14 days.

🥺

You must still write them a letter rejecting the item on the basis of the distance selling regulations. If you can't send it by email then send it by recorded delivery letter to their head office. Make sure you give the reference number of the purchase.

There is no reason why you shouldn't do this and it will reserve your position. It's extremely important because it gives your point and leverage later on because in addition to failing to deliver your item, then also become liable for breach of the distance selling regulations – and that is also a fairly serious matter.

Send the letter straightaway.

1 hour ago, Bellemorte said:

Yes

good we got there in the end....

you are quite entitled to go do a chargeback on that payment, paypal never nor can argue, simply tell you bank an item paid via paypal never arrived and paypal are ignoring you. might be the quickest way to get your moneyback

and they

I did the letter to Currys but they have not responded. PayPal have also said that I have to wait as Currys have 8 days to respond. They reminded me that they were only an arbitration service… DPD are now saying the tracking number no longer exists… I will contact my bank and see if they can help.

It doesn't matter that they didn't respond. The important thing is that you sent the letter and that you have evidence that you sent it so there you have put your marker down and reserved your position.

This can only be to your benefit if you have to take more formal action

Chargeback takes up to 60 days! Why is it that I can be held hostage like this when the delivery company is nothing to do with me!? Their contract is with Currys, not me. Why don’t Currys refund me and then claim it back from DPD?! This legislation has to change…

Chargeback should be instant

and they

Yes, where are you getting this 60 days stuff?

It seems to me that you are holding yourself hostage

Cant be instant ....there is a process that the bank must adhere to.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The bank is not telling the truth if they have told you that it is 60 days.

Have you begun the chargeback process?

If you can get them to confirm that is 60 days then tell them that you know that they are not telling you the truth and you will want it logged as a complaint which will eventually go to the ombudsman.

Once you have begun the chargeback, as soon as they have established that the chargeback is valid then they will pay you back instantly.

In your case where the delivery has not even happened so the contract has not been executed then the contract should be pretty fast.

Have you begun the chargeback process or have you merely had a conversation with the bank about it?

There is no reason that you should trust the bank on anything they say. They don't like giving you back your money and if you have simply had conversations with them without actually invoking the process then you have been wasting your time.

Excellent. Was that just the application or have you actually had your money back yet?

If you haven't had it back then when did they say you would get it back?

Also, I'm afraid that may not be the end of it because now you will have to be dealing with Currys who are very poor at providing customer service but not too bad about hassling people if they think they are owed money.

If you get any problems from then then make sure you come back here and we'll take you through the next step

• Like 1

that link is the USA rules

i've done numerous ones with mainly the co-op and it appears to be that the bank initiates immediately and then send forms etc out.

as for currys tell them to go do one and go get their product from DPD.:pound:

• Haha 1

and they

Bank are pursuing PayPal and have not told me when I might expect a refund, but until then they have added a temp payment, equivalent to that outstanding, to my account, which I can use. The refund, whenever it happens, I presume will go to the bank 👍🏻

dx100uk - That is exactly what I told Currys to do as the carrier was contracted by THEM, not me, and they can chase reimbursement from them - but apparently that is not how it works… I am shocked that they can get away with it - I didn’t get even a glimpse of my item and DPD freely admitted they had lost it 🤷‍♀️  
Thanks again guys 🤟

Write a letter or an email to Currys and confirm that you have now received a reimbursement from your bank on the basis of a chargeback and that the contract is now definitively closed.
You can also express disappointment, if you want, that you have had to go to these lengths.

Lessons here are:

Be aware of the various 14 day, 30 day and six month deadlines for various actions and remedies.

Never trust your bank. Double check all the information they give you.

Don't imagine Currys are going to give you good customer service – they're not.

When things go wrong, send letters quickly. Establish a paper trail.

Read our customer services guide and take control of all telephone conversations.

Stop being surprised and shocked at the way retailers treat their customers – if you don't, then you will never stop being surprised and shocked.

Take control

Come to this forum quickly.