HMRC seek repayment after Fast Tax Rebates Ltd take most of rebate

Schipoo

Hi Schipoo,

Your draft response looks fine but I would add :-

Please bear in mind that I have no idea what was lodged by FTR on my behalf resulting in tax being repaid to them. I am entitled to this information.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Morning all, 

Response to my email the other day….

Thank you for your email.

I have asked our Personal Tax team to review the information already sent and reply to you directly.

Please note that the SAR request does not prevent or delay normal compliance activity. I intend to continue with my review and will monitor the position with regards to the response our Personal Tax team send you.

As my deadline to ask for an independent review is 27th August I’ve requested that my case be reviewed independently, my case worker has emailed an acknowledgement and said I will hear in due course. After that I still have the option to take it to a tribunal 

Do you have any advice on what to sent to Action Fraud?

Hi Schipoo and thanks for the update.

Crazy that HMRC expect you to make decisions when you still await important info but you've done the right thing seeking the independant review.

I'd like the response to Action Fraud to reflect their totally inadequate stance but please hold fire in the meantime while we continue to look at all options.

In the meantime, I think you should go back to the police and ask what action they intend to take against people behind FTR who have fraudulently reclaimed tax rebates on your behalf.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

So my case seems to be gathering pace and I’m concerned I won’t have things in place to help me. I haven’t heard from either the local mp (after his aide confirmed he had received and read my email). So I had to request an independent review because my deadline was Friday 27th august. My case worker has replied the same day confirming that my case will now be reviewed, with the letter arriving yesterday by special delivery. 

Hi Schipoo,

We're still working on this behind the scenes and I'll come back to you here on the thread or by PM in the next 2 days.

So I have had the second part of my SAR which doesn’t tell me much more than the first part. All it has is screenshots of the returns submitted online I assume from FTR Ltd although they are not mentioned in any of it. Do you think FTR even had to quote the name of the Ltd Company I was supposedly investing in via the EIS?
Do you think that because I got them the gateway password it matters to the HMRC  who did those tax returns and that’s why they’re just going after me? 
It does say that they have the right redact certain information such as staff names etc but do you think they’re redacting FTR’s submissions?

My mind is working overtime on this now. 

Hi Schipoo,

Can you please carefully double check each copy return, look for Reliefs or Allowances and confirm :-

1. Is there any mention of an EIS claim or a company you "invested in".

2. Check under s.21 - Additional Information.

3. Is there anything mentioned about an Agent completing the return.

It says on each return ‘subscriptions for shares under the enterprise investment scheme’

£20000

£22000

£24000

it does say in other information ’other tax reliefs and deductions 2 -more information about your subscriptions under the enterprise investment scheme cryoblast’

Doesn’t mention FTR Limited. However there is a cryoblast solutions ltd on companies house and surprise who’s the director Alan Francis Ohara!

• Like 1

So I chased the local MP the other day and his assistant got back to me 

Please allow me to sincerely apologise for not getting back to you sooner – I have been on leave since last week.

I know your correspondence has been passed to my colleague who was liaising with P to establish what the best course of action would be to take. I believe something has been sent to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), although there was a slight delay in sending something over on our part due to the high volume of correspondence the office has been receiving lately.

The email was a polite request asking them to hold any action being taken to recover the monies owed until we receive advice from the FOS as to whether it would fall in their remit to investigate, as HMRC would not be responsible for investigating the misleading service provided to you by the accountancy service.

I will discuss this with my colleague further when he is in the office on Monday and, hopefully, will be able to give you a clearer update on any action taken.

Thank you for your patience and apologies again for the delay in replying.

Surely what you are wanting is for the MP to raise the issue with The Treasury asking questions about the actions being taken by HMRC.  They should be able to gain a response setting out the policies in place for dealing with the issue you are facing. 

The MP also has access to the House of Commons library, so they can research what information may be available regarding the EIS tax rebate schemes.

Appears the approach being taken is to avoid getting involved too much.They are simply looking at providing information on who you should contact.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So, having a look online Easy Tax Claims Ltd even have a website asking the question ‘do

you want to claim 33% of your tax back’ 

This is the same company that has Anthony McNabb as a director and has Alan O’Hara as a resigned director. How are they getting away with actually advertising their business on the internet whilst I am fighting with HMRC over paying back what FTR took? 

Hi Schipoo,

Your best chance of getting HMRC to rethink their position or attitude is to get others who have been affected to sign up here so we have more cases to show as being similar in nature.

If you know any others, get them on board quickly. We're invloving other bodies who may have influence in such matters.

Hi all, just a quick update….the MP came back to me and said that HMRC had acknowledged their request to suspend any collection of tax whilst they get a response from FOS

I have had an email regarding my review which is below. It states they haven’t been able to get hold of me on the phone which is rubbish, I’ve had no call at all. 
Also, it says it’s extending the period from 45 days to January 2022, is that normal?

Review Letter.pdf

Standard letter which they can only add minimum information to.  So the bit about the phone call is standard text and they did not bother to remove it.

Where you are appealing and getting MP's involved, I should imagine postponing for 3/4 months is sensible.  Will allow time for the complaint to be looked into.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Schipoo,

Dixon had a reply from the same office saying their appeal was being challenged so your case being postponed for 3 to 4 months is fine for now.

Keep us updated and watch the joint thread here -