• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Gas appliances will be internally connected.

No-one should be inside and using any utility. But things are connected.

Not an expert on this - but years ago BG turned off the supply cos of a suspected leak.  They didn't turn off anything inside.  Why would they need to go inside if they have the ability to switch off the gas outside?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they have to go inside to complete a safety check on gas appliances.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

correct

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

The letter that you received was dated 19 July 2021, and was from British Gas Trading Limited?

Exactly who signed this letter?

Though I am not legally trained, the (19 July 2021?) letter that you described may be a legally-required and prescribed legal document, a Letter Before Claim (LBC), and learning more about the "Practice Direction on pre-action conduct under the Civil Procedure Rules" may be of some assistance to you.

PAPLOC's are in relation to County Court and CCJ's , not magistrates warrant applications.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The letter was just from "your BG team"

Their letter is covered by the rights of entry act "54

Property has full security and alarm. Will be interesting if they do force entry when meter is external...

Edited by HP Mum

Please define "PAPLOC's".

The reason that I asked HP MUM, is that I am aware of grave legal irregularities which appear to have occurred involving such letters issued between 1 September 2020 and 26 March 2021, and it is presumed for quite some time after this.

If there is any chance that you, or anyone in your household, might in any way be considered "vulnerable" for the purpose of having your name/names added to the Priority Services Register of British Gas Trading Limited, I would strongly recommend that you act to do so immediately, and for a number of important reasons.

If you do so, record your telephone-call, and take accurate notes relating to your telephone-call.

If you research Letters Before Claim (LBC), sometimes known as Letters Before Action (LBA), and the relevant Civil Procedures rules as far as I am aware, the legal reasons for the letter being sent should become apparent.

(Gas and Electricity Boards) Act 1954 as amended, it appears.

PAPLOC  - pre action protocol letter of claim.

gas companies don't need to use the civil county court system, because as you point out the gas act gives them the power to disconnect or change meters in cases of persistent non payment under a magistrates court.

HP mums situation is somewhat complex...

and they

My understanding is that there are a range of differing Civil Procedure Rules depending upon the type of civil court action, but I believe that these exist in some form in relation to all civil court actions.

If you choose to read some of the actual Civil Procedure Rules, you will see that the Letter Before Claim (LBC) letter of the type that HP MUM received is actually prescribed in form, defined if you will.  And copies of these legal documents are submitted to magistrates' courts because they are legally required to do so, or run the risks of suffering adverse legal disadvantages in one form or another.

The rules appear designed to lessen unnecessary litigation, and also unnecessarily protracted litigation, as well as to promote a sense of fairness.

I would definitely recommend that HP MUM carefully scrutinises any and all energy meter serial-numbers that might be involved, all dates that any meters were installed on and removed on, and each and every energy bill matched to serial-numbers and patterns of energy usage.

Energy customers are being billed using energy meter serial-numbers that are not from their own meters, and are being billed using the serial-numbers of prior meters that were once installed and then removed, and are even being billed or charged simultaneously for two meters for the same fuel at the same time.  I have personally witnessed many of the above types of occurrences.

A Right Of Access Request (ROAR) (known to many as a Subject Access Request, or SAR) to receive a copy of all personal data held in paper and electronic forms pursuant to UK GDPR and the DPA 2018 as amended would be a good idea.

Also, asking to receive a copy of a record of all meter inspections that have occurred, and exactly when they occurred if they did, and seeking to explore the possibility that a meter might be out of calibration or might have suffered some fault or from some adverse network condition(s) affecting its accuracy, would be desirable to at least consider the possibility of.

HP MUM, if you have or can get an online account with British Gas Trading Limited, copies of many past energy bills should become accessible to read and to download copies of individually.  And as mentioned, a Right Of Access Request (ROAR) might also be of use to you.  You can also request that British Gas Trading Limited posts you copies of all bills that have been issued, as quickly as possible to you.

I have found evidence of alarming entries, references, discrepancies, and omissions within a ROAR disclosure received by email only last month in July of 2021, and these issues have combined to profoundly and unlawfully affect the billing of the British Gas Trading Limited accounts involved.

If there has been any unusually-high energy usage that has occurred relating to an account, such as might be caused by a defective or otherwise inaccurate energy meter, this fact is often found written and highlighted somewhere on the energy bills issued, for example, there might be a statement indicating or describing that a 50%, 100%, or even higher increase in energy usage for a given fuel has occurred compared to the energy recorded as having been used within a prior year on an account.

If you do dispute the accuracy of account billing, or dispute that you actually used the amount of fuel alleged, and even if you are putting forward other issues in response to the energy company's communications made to you, I would recommend that you send as many emails as possible to as many email-addresses as are needed

to prove that you are in fact responding to the concerns that have been communicated to you by British Gas Trading Limited, CC each email to many others to create an electronic audit-trail of your (quite possibly desperate) attempts to engage with your energy company.  I can supply additional email-addresses if you have an interest.

I do realise that this coming Monday, 16 August 2021, may be the day that a warrant to authorise entry is executed, or may be attempted, from what you have reported previously.

more commonly known as SAR sar

and they

I prefer not to use "Subject Access Request" or "SAR" as these do not seem to appear as such within relevant Data Protection law.  But my understanding is that the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) continues to allow their use.

I have used the following, recently, it seems to me to be far more precise:

"Right Of Access To Personal Data Request By Data Subject, Article 15 UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018)".

Adding "As Amended" at the end might be more precise.

"Rights of Entry (Gas and Electricity Boards) Act 1954 as amended"

is also a more precise citation.

• 2 weeks later...

I made another call to BG to try resolve

This time I got, firstly, a sympathetic employee and, secondly, someone in the debt department who DID resolve with zero fuss.

The previous call I had last month I obviously caught someone having their own bad day who projected it on to me - they were vile and brutal.

Basically BG have what is known as an 'extended payment plan'.   They can string out your arrears over 5 years.

The key issue is that anyone with payment problems must pay and clear the standing charges.   This will halt angry action.

So - this nice person advised that NO warrant had been applied for - there had been no court date set - and there was no date organised for meter removal either.   The previous vile person had just been trying to make me "panic pay".

I now have a monthly direct debit for lowest possible £ amount set up for 5 years.  If things change then I can pay more in-between.

Of course - this payment plan only applies to my old consumption up to 2y ago. 

There should be no consumption now.  But I know there has been by 'others' - which will be subject to alternative (legal) action...

• dx100uk changed the title to BGAS how to stop BG warrant