German Car Shop , Leicester - sold unroadworthy car - won't take it back

Hi

I purchased car 5430 f on 22 may 2021 .

Within week I discovered faults : vibration , rear brakes down to metal , no oil / filters provided as on advert .I got official report from garage .

Dealer didnt accept that report.

Apparently I bought on trade basis but I m not a trader .

Dealer didn't agree for refund or repairs ( accused me of knowing MOT tester on personal basis so he rejected MOT results , telling me to go his chosen garage which was some kind of non accredited  / non established garage on residential street )

In the end I did MOT at my chosen station  which confirmed faulty brakes and vibrations which needed further investigations plus some part need replacing otherwise brakes will go to metal again very soon.

Also recently I paid 3 hours labour 90 f to find out about reason and cost to repair vibrations. 

Before MOT repairs I accepted 330 pounds so called "goodwill gesture to end the matter" from dealer which I covered repair for brakes ( total bill 327 f plus 35 f mot ).

I only accepted as dealer warned me when I contacted him deal is only valid till midnight and if I go to to court he will make himself available beginning next year the earliest.

Dealer thinks its over but I believe he limited and restricted my customer rights - 30 days to reject faulty item by creating that settlement and tried avoid his responsibilities from the beginning.

I m now look for some advice please

i will gather english is not your 1st language, so i've corrected your post above to make it easier to understand.

can you name the dealer please.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to German Car Shop , Leicester - wont take car back even though faulty.

Okay this thread has history. I'm pleased that you have come back and that you have decided to try again.

So that people understand where we are, you bought a car for cash about 150 miles away. When you got it home you found very quickly that it was not in roadworthy condition. I advised you put it through an MOT and in fact it failed the MOT, particularly because the brakes were down to the metal. This is clearly a very dangerous situation and you were advised no longer to drive it. Selling you that car was an offence committed by the dealer under the Road Traffic Act 1988.

I think you were also given advisories on the MOT – in particular the tyres which apparently were at the edge of their useful life and also I believe that there was a comment that the brake cylinders were extremely stiff and say they weren't withdrawing smoothly which meant that even though the brakes might be changed, they would soon be down to the metal again.

I understand that you have had the brakes done and it has been MOT' d again and it has passed but with the advisories which I have mentioned above.

There were also vibrations and I understand that this is now been investigated and it seems that it is a problem with the fuel injectors and that you have received an estimate for repairs and the whole repair bill is something like £2500 – although maybe you need to confirm this for us.

I recall also that there was an extensive exchange of messages between you and the dealer. They were extremely threatening and you were very frightened and that eventually you got so concerned about the threats they were making that when they offered you £300 in settlement of everything, you accepted it.
I've already pointed out to you that this was a mistake. However, the circumstances are such that I think we may be able to overcome that.

Please can you let us know whether this is an accurate summary of the events so far.

Have you kept all the messages that were exchanged? If you have then you should make sure that they are fully saved and also printed out. Can you do that? It may be easiest if you forward them to yourself by email and then print them out. Can you do that?

Thank you for explaining the story, BankFodder

Brake calliper not brake cylinders

Total bill yes around 2500 £ that including 330£  from dealer .

I totally forgot I paid 70 pounds to the guy who took us from Hull to Leicester (  I dont have receipt for that ) 

Yes I still have messages .

Okay. Print out all the messages and start opening a file and put them into your file and make sure they are properly organised.

Are you able to use an Excel spreadsheet? If you can then start indexing your documents as described in the advice we give on organising your court bundle.

Monitor this thread for a further apply tomorrow.

Please make sure that you are fully up for this because I expect that they will give you a bumpy ride. But if you stick by us this time, you can see it through.

Well doing a very simple spreadsheet like this which isn't calculating it's just for keeping a list, is extremely easy and you will probably get the hang of it very quickly.

If you don't have Excel, then try OpenOffice Apache which is a free spreadsheet program 

In the next couple of days so we will simply prepare a letter of claim and send it to him.

I don't see this any point in beginning a load of new correspondence.

I think simply a letter of claim and then issue the proceedings. Once you have sent a letter of claim, you will have to you brace yourself for a load of angry messages. You should not reply to any of them that you should let us know about every one of them.

• BankFodder changed the title to German Car Shop , Leicester - sold unroadworthy car - won't take it back

Today I left  review about dealer and my  very bad experience with him  on website. He rang me angry started talking why I did it , as I accepted his settlment  , I put phone down , then he  tried ring me again from private number I didnt answer.

Edited by Cyrylbea

Did you make any mention of the action that you are now proposing to take?

I suggest that you don't put up any more reviews until after it's all finished.

In the meantime, before we start doing the letter of claim, please will you go to the County Court money claim online MCOL website. Register an account and start preparing your claim. You can save your work as you go. You can start identifying yourself on the website and also the defendant. Do as much as you can do that the important thing is to understand the MCOL service a bit and to get comfortable with it.

It's quite straightforward.

Let us know when this is done.

I m on Money Claim website , been asked about name of organisation  (claim is against organisation ?)  German Car Shop is it enough name ? 

Edited by Cyrylbea

What does your receipt say? What is the name of their website? What name have they been using in their messages to you?

That's who you sue

And by the way, you need to be very careful about the postcode.

Their website has at least two different postcodes. One of them are certainly not correct.

Also against their Google entry they have yet another postcode which is also incorrect.

Also the company name which is given on their website is not the correct registered company name. I have a feeling that this company could be quite slippery to sue and also to enforce judgement against.

I understand . I also noticed diffrent postcodes  , thank you for advice  . I noticed my bad review gone and dealer put good review using my name and city I came from , he is writting good reviews himself I think  , how pathetic .

Edited by Cyrylbea

If the dealer has put a good review in your name – please take a screenshot of it.

This is extremely important

If you find the review, then use your "print screen" key – prtscr – on your keyboard and take a screenshot.

Do it again using the control key and screenshot

Make sure you get a copy of that page. Where is the review? Can you link us to it please

In fact don't worry, I have found it and I have downloaded a copy

AGA review.pdf

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Hi
Its been over  2 months  since my last post  here and over 4 months since I bought car   and I dont know whats to do regarding the Car Dealer.

BankFodder promised me help in writing letter of claim before taking court action but I havent heard from him since end of August.

I did everything BankFodder asked me for  ( paid 90 £ to  find out cause of car  vibration , prepared emails and text messages in pdf format , registered on MCOL , etc) . I value and appreciate advice from Bank Fodder.

I know I have chance in court and I want to take that risk . 
Even If I loose at least I tried.

I would like to ask  you for help and  advice .
 And sorry for my wording English is not my first language.

BankFodder promised me help in writing letter of claim before taking court action but I havent heard from him since end of August.

Nor we from you :-)...actually BF posted July 24th and you 26th July.

There are plenty examples of how to draft a Letter of Claim or Letter Before Action.

Have a go and post it here for opinion.

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=Letter+of+claim+examples&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Reagrds

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread