Sheilas Wheels now cancelling motor policy after i made an earlier mods enquiry asking if OK to fit them!

Westside328
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I called Sheilas Wheels at beginning of July to ask if some modifications that I was planning on car would effect policy premium - an updgraded lcd Bluetooth radio swapping out original radio and a retro fitted cruise control. I was told both of these were fine and no additional premium would be added and just to call back once fitted .  

I went  ahead and got these fitted last week and called insurance yesterday to advise as requested.  I was then told the cruise control was not an approved mod and they were going to cancel the policy, I’ve argued that I was told it was ok but apparently even if he said that, it’s not approved, they will still cancel, but no cancellation fee !

I have asked that they listen back to the call which apparently they will do today and someone will call me back today , waiting to see what they say .

If they cancel do I need to declare this when taking out new insurance?  

Can they cancel the policy? 

• dx100uk changed the title to Sheilas Wheels now cancelling motor policy after i made an earlier mods enquiry asking if OK to fit them!

Send them a subject access request immediately. Keep it very wide. Use our template. If you can get the call recording then you will be able to put pressure on them to give you the insurance or else to pay you compensation.

In future you should record your calls. Read our customer services guide

• Thanks 1