German car shop in Leicester wont take car back 8 days after purchase.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't worry. You are now getting two MOT's tests carried out by garages of your choice. If they both fail then there is no problem. If one of them fails and one of them passes then we will have to go to a third.

Once again please don't worry. Please don't panic about this. You are only going to damage yourself and make it much more difficult for yourself.

Once again, don't pay attention to the other discussions on this thread. They may be well-intentioned but they aren't helping your peace of mind.

Don't forget, get photos if possible. Even if it takes a few extra quid, it will be very helpful. If you can't then don't panic.

Ok. 

But makes me boiling what that Dealer is doing .

He accused me of being familiar to some garage and how MOT inspector told him he is going to fail ? Its impossible Nodoby would give him that information I suppose even if he rang , I thought its private . 

He is bullying  me and intimidating by this sick accusations , calling me also liar . 

Why I have to trust only the garage he chose,?

He will reject my MOTs thats for sure , he even wanted make me go to only MOY station he chose.

He havent back to me about garage yet.

He has no intention for refund / repair.

I wish I could report him to some institution for his disgusting behaviour ,  but he seems to be untouchable .

"The garage has to be one that is not familiar with either of us.

The fact you already know the garage and the fact he already wants to fail the car before testing it on an official mot ramp may be seen as unfair in the court of law.

Therefore our only solution for you is to have the mot done at an independent garage which i will arrange and pay for.

If you do continue to have it tested at this particular garage we will void the claim (under suspicious circumstances) and you will have to wait to have the matter seen by a judge.

This could easily lead in to next year depending on our availability.  Alternatively, we have it booked in independantly.

Once they have reported back to the both of us with their findings. We can agree on a settlement inline with our terms of sale. If you choose this option you could potentially have the matter finished by the end of this coming week." 

You bought the car and you knew there were faults with it, you agreed to buying it under trade terms, so please stop trying to think we are idiots." ( his text message just after I bought car  ) 

I just want thank you all for support x 

• Haha 1

Well I can see that you are angry – and that is probably better than being in a panic – but you should not rise to the provocation that you are getting from him.

If it goes to court – as it probably will – then the judge will see all the messages and the judge will understand what has happened. All we have to do is put the evidence together.

Don't start rising or responding to his messages. We are taking control and it doesn't matter what he says about the MOT garages. Once you get the fail certificates then there is nothing more that he can say. In terms of reporting him to some authority, assume you get the judgement then that will basically be a verdict on the roadworthiness of the car and we will then help you make a complaint that he is committing the offence of selling an unroadworthy vehicle under the Road traffic Act.

Make sure that the car still starts so that there is no problem on Monday

Presumably you haven't heard anything more from the dealer, in which case:

I still haven't received any information from you in relation to your MOT garage of preference - despite several requests from myself.

I'm still waiting to hear from you about where you would like me to take the car for an MOT and also how you will arrange for the test to be paid for.

• Like 1

" I will update you later today. Just trying to make arrangements"

I didnt sent him your text as he just now dent me above message

i think he is lying , will not make any arrangement for MOT. He would be back yesterday , on saturday lots garages closed or close early

What if he make it far from my home ? 

• Thanks 1

Play it by ear. You sound as you are starting to panic again.

There is nothing that can happen this weekend or before your Monday two MOT's.

I have contacted with dealer , proposed him if he pay cost of all  repair I will keep car . He said he will find out cost of parts which need replacing. Even if I win in court  I may not be able to have court judgment enforced looking at Dealer behaviour.  And I will be without car up to 6 months.

Edited by Aga.misia

Of course this was your choice. However I would certainly do the MOT is tomorrow. It's very important that you find out the extent of any problems.

Also, you should take the car to an independent garage after the MOT's and get a quotation for all of the work.

Be careful with this guy about getting any money from him. Make sure you refer to us before entering into any agreement

Also, you have suggested an agreement with him now, you can still change your mind. There's nothing binding here. When you get the results of the MOT's and then the estimate for the work, I'm afraid that I predict that there will be further arguments because he will disagree about the amount of work you want done.

Be prepared for him to cause trouble about this. You have already seen the kind of behaviour you are getting from him. Don't imagine that this is going to change when it comes to him spending money on repairs.

I'm afraid that this is unlikely to be the end of the story

Thank you that you still want help me

He says no need for MOT and I agreed , now regret. He sound like he dont want that MOT  Can I change mind and tell him I want MOT done and all faults repaired  ? He supppse to back to me about cost of repairs still waiting . 

Please whats to do now ? 

Of course he doesn't want you to do the MOT. That's obvious.

You must absolutely do the MOT. Both of them. You have got them booked – please do them. It won't do you any harm and if the car is in good condition then it won't matter to him.

Don't tell him anything more. I'm sorry to say that you shouldn't have had any communication with him at all until the MOT's.

Please follow our advice. We are your friend. Say nothing more to him no more communication. Get the MOT is done both of them. Let's understand the whole situation.

• Like 1

No. If you have it repaired then effectively you have accepted his terms and the way that it was sold to you. You should be able to recover the money you spend on the repairs that you won't be able to return it.

The best thing you can do is to get the MOT's and then come here and tell us what is wrong. Then we can understand whether it is best for you to return it or to have the work done.

Get the MOT is done – and then a quotation and do not put any work in hand.

If you want to get work done it then if you decide that's the way it goes then you can have it done later on in the week.

If you want to get work done on it and keep the car then the way to do it is to let the garage know in advance so that they are fully aware and they have their own opportunity to inspect. As you have seen, part of the strategy here is to keep the garage informed of everything you are doing so later on they can never say that you are doing things behind their back and they didn't have a chance.

This is essential!

Get the MOT is done. Get a quote for repairs and then come here.

Once again, we are absolutely your friend and you can trust us.

Surely you have learnt now that you cannot trust this dealer

Thank you. If he rings me which I doubt now I will tel him about doing MOT and repaires on his costs and I will keep car.  Its been over 2,5  hours still no reply from him. What to do now ? Contact him again about wanting MOT ? 

Edited by Aga.misia

No!

If you telephones you you must not talk to him and you must tell him to put everything in writing. You should not give him any messages or make any promises or enter into any agreements.

We are trying very hard to help you here and if you go off and do your own thing and make your own agreements without checking with us then you will make mistakes which may be difficult to recover from.

Do not talk to him under any circumstances. Do not accept phone calls. Don't worry about being rude. Simply say – "do not phone me - put everything in writing. I only want messages in writing from you"

Has he been telephoning you? You haven't told us about this

Do not give them any information about what you are doing or what you are intending to do – until we have the MOT's and also the quotation for works which need doing.

After that we will help you contact him

Has he been telephoning you?

Please don't do it again.

We are trying our best to help you and yet you keep on doing things which will only end up hurting you.

I think you need to decide whether you want to have our help or you want to do things on your own. You need to make up your mind

I suggest that you block his number. You can always unblock it once you have had the estimates and the MOT's.

Yes ofcourse  I want help from you. My boyfriend suggested he will keep that car if its repaired thats way  I rang dealer Made mistake calling him , whats to do now  ? He didnt book MOT for monday and he will not as gave him my proposition which he agreed to pay for repairs just find out cost but not came back like promised 

Edited by Aga.misia
  • Haha 1

We could see from the messages that he was sending that he was getting worried. You had control of the situation. By telephoning him and making this compromise proposal, he has suddenly regained control. You are giving the game away.

Stop calling him. Stop contacting. Block his calls. Have nothing more to do with him until you get the MOT's and the quotations. Then we can discuss it here.

I'm sorry to say but if you decide to send him any more messages either in writing or phone calls or if you have a conversation with him on the phone that I think we have to withdraw our help.

• Haha 1

Maybe it was rather harsh saying we would withdraw our help but it's very difficult to give you advice and having you agree that you won't send messages – and then we find that you are in fact having communications.

No don't send him any emails.

No contact.

No messages – nothing.

If he contacts you then let us know but do not respond. Do nothing until you have the MOT's and the quotes for any repairs and then tell us about it and we can discuss what is best for you to do.

Then you can make decisions. At the moment you don't have enough information about this bad condition motorcar which you have bought. We need to find out all about it and then you will be able to make decisions once you are informed.

No contact at all.

Stop asking – the answer will always be – no contact at all

See what BankFodder thinks but I think the dealer is trying to stop you going ahead with what you're doing.

We've seen this before, dealers try to bully people and if you don't mind my saying, I think your first language isn't English so I think he's trying to make you do what's best for him and not for you.

HB

• Haha 1

Illegitimi non carborundum