German car shop in Leicester wont take car back 8 days after purchase.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't reply. Get the MOT done on Monday.

This is extremely important – as you can see

Check that the car starts up okay over the weekend. You don't want to be suddenly caught by surprise and miss the MOT appointment. That would be very serious

Ignore the message. Get the MOT.

When you get to the MOT people, asked them to take pictures of anything they can – especially any defects they notice.

If they want to charge you extra for this then pay it. It's not problem

Still waiting for a reply.  There is something very suspicious about the way you are acting.
Its a very simple task. Please stop obstructing our investigation. We are currently collecting evidence and you are not complying.

Just incase you dont recall, as we have already stated.. if you tamper with the vehicle or create fake evidence in any way... we will find out. 

Please start complying.  

If you wish to settle on a "buy back" amount in the meantime (whilst we are waiting for credible evidence). Providing the car hasnt been tampered with.  We may have a customer willing to purchase the car. 

If you wish to discuss.  

Call me on xxx

Kind regards. 

Ignore. Get the MOT

Good morning.

Although you have completely ignored our request for the garage details. We managed to find them anyway.

We have spoken to your mot tester who has informed us he already plans to fail the infiniti you have booked in for monday. Therefore we can not allow you to have the mot tested at his garage.

To have a fair and independant mot. The garage has to be one that is not familiar with either of us. The fact you already know the garage and the fact he already wants to fail the car before testing it on an official mot ramp may be seen as unfair in the court of law. Therefore our only solution for you is to have the mot done at an independent garage which i will arrange and pay for.
If you do continue to have it tested at this particular garage we will void the claim (under suspicious circumstances) and you will have to wait to have the matter seen by a judge. This could easily lead in to next year depending on our availability. 

Alternatively, we have it booked in independently. Once they have reported back to the both of us with their findings. We can agree on a settlement inline with our terms of sale. If you choose this option you could potentially have the matter finished by the end of this coming week.

Please note that if you genuinely have nothing to hide then please comply.

This option will ensure the inspection is done fairly and will ensure any faults are properly acknowledged for both of our records. Please acknowledge that we are not trying to get out of refunding you.

We just need to ensure any diagnosis that is done, Is a genuine one. 

Kind regards.

Maybe I shouldnt chose the same garage I have report from . As they probably rang there

Book in for an MOT at another garage for Monday.

Send the dealer this message

Let me know the name of the MOT garage that you are proposing. Also let me know details of how you would propose to pay them.

I will make my own decision about what action to take. I may well have the test done at both garages.

Don't try to frighten me with your talk of extended delays. I consider that this is bullying and harassment and it will be brought to the attention of the court.

There will be no agreement on settlement terms of sale. If the MOT is a failure as I fully expect, then I would expect a full refund and your removal of the vehicle within a very short space of time and I will require repayment of the money as a condition of releasing the vehicle to you because I do not have any confidence in you.

In the event that I start legal proceedings against you – don't forget that you will be incurring a daily storage charge +8% interest.

I suggest that you try and book it in for a different MOT station on Monday. But we need something done on Monday.

I still have no problem with you taking it to your original MOT booking – but if you can find a different one then go ahead.
However, don't cancel your existing Monday appointment until we have everything sorted out. Even if you end up going for three MOT's, there is no problem.

Well obviously you're not going to be able to make them the same time, I suggest that you go through your originally planned MOT. Then try to find another one for Tuesday and if the dealer replies with the name of his one then let us know and you should make another early appointment.

If your boyfriend can take a day off work then that will be helpful

Don't tell each MOT station about the other. It is better that each of them don't know that there is another test occurring.

It's all a terrible nuisance – but we are trying to put you in the very best position to succeed if you have to go to court.

However, once you get the certificates – assuming that they are failed certificates, then we will send them to the dealer and continue with your timeline for issuing proceedings. If the MOT tests pass the vehicle then we will have to have a serious think and you may not be able to return the vehicle and you may simply have to carry out repairs and then claim for the cost.

So the dealer has come back to you with a suggested MOT station?

If he doesn't come back to you by midday, then send the following message

I'm still waiting to hear from you about your proposed MOT testing station.

If you delay and it is not possible to arrange a test in time then don't forget that the clock is still ticking on my letter of claim

will look into the garages today.

Nobodys bullying you. You can claim what your like.

My terms are simple. 

Its done at an independant garage not both. If i can get someone to inspect it at ur house i will. But if not i will let u know the garage details.

Well yes ofcourse you are going to maoe your own decision... who else is going to make it for you?

In the event you start legal proceedings please note we offer free storage so you can not legally charge me for that.

Kind regards  

Ignore and send a reminder if you haven't received the name of a testing station by midday

I don't see any problem with doing to them on the same day.

It doesn't matter what the garage MOT station knows or not. I agree that you can't do it on the Monday. If the garage replies then do it on the Tuesday.

It's not very important that it would be nice if they didn't know about each other. No need to panic

On 04/06/2021 at 11:26, Aga.misia said:

I m panic a bit  now , as they will probably know . What can I say to second MOT ? 

Please stop panicking. There is nothing wrong with getting second or third or fourth or even first MOT's. Just carry on about your business.

Don't pay attention to the two posts which have just been put up by @Manxman in exile. They are not relevant and merely a distraction and they will divert the discussion and the problem.

I have deleted them from the discussion because they are not relevant

Please simply pay attention to the advice that I'm giving. We are in control of the situation. Don't go back into panic mode as you were a few days ago. You are doing really well

Don't volunteer any explanations to anyone. You don't owe explanations to anyone – but on the other hand if you are asked simply be honest and straight dealing.

Ask anybody who carries out any inspections to take photographs if they can. In respect of the photographs, you can say that you are in dispute with somebody and that you need photographs especially of the braking system

Well I'm sorry if you think it better that the OP not be forewarned that she might be asked the question so that she can prepare appropriately.  It's quite clear from the OP's posts that they are quite anxious about this so it makes perfect sense to me - if not to you - that she be aware of the potential issue.  Yes, she may not be asked the question but if she is, better to be ready to answer it than to be struck silent in panic and surprise.

Can you explain to me precisely what was wrong with my two posts you have deleted?  An explanation would help both the OP and me to understand why you consider them "irrelevant".  It would also be more courteous to simply explain within the thread why they were wrong - if they were - and why the OP should ignore them rather than just deleting them.

I do not understand what is wrong with my simply telling the OP that the question may be asked, and to be open and honest with the answer if asked.

I also consider it poor etiquette to mention me by name, say my posts are "irrelevant", but then delete them so that readers are unable to judge whether or not your opinion is correct.  You should leave them there, explain why you consider them wrong, and let others make up their own minds.  I wasn't aware this was a totalitarian forum.

But etiquette may not be your strong point.  I remember you unjustifiably and wrongly accusing me of being a troll a couple of years ago on the MotoNovo Jaguar thread simply because I was offering the OP a more balanced and measured view than your own - in fact you made the entirely ludicrous, fatuous and untrue assertion that I must be a representative of the motor trade!

I didn't make a point of that at the time, but I'm beginning to wonder about your hostile and aggressive attitude to other posters who have the temerity not to agree wholeheartedly with you.

• Like 2

Did you send the midday reminder?

The Dealer still havent come back to me.

He is very akward and bully .

How can I be sure the MOT centre he chose will not benefit him ?

I cant believe MOT I booked with told him about my appointment  , he must be is lying

. He has also no intention for settling the case or even pay for repairs .

Probably he will not accept return car either and will make small claim court process very long like he mention

.I made very bad decision purchasing car from him and he seems to get away with it.

Yes around 1 pm

Edited by Aga.misia
  • Like 1