Amazon not delivering "Special Offer" items to NI - but will when the price goes up.

mickrick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been noticing more and more, that Amazon UK is not making items that are on "special offer" available to customers in Northern Ireland. But when the price goes back up again, they become available to order.

I'm a record collector and a member of a  "cheap vinyl records" group on Facebook. Almost every day a list of reduced price records on Amazon is posted. And all the items reduced to "desirable" prices "cannot be delivered" to my address.

I've taken this up on several occasions with Amazon, but get brushed off with excuses like "theres an issue with our system. Try again later." (I did, there wasn't) or (my favourite) "your government has an agreement with Amazon not to deliver certain items to your country".

Last time they couldn't give me a reason and credited £10 to my account as a "gesture of goodwill". This particular record was reduced to £8.80 this morning, and couldn't be delivered to my address. Its back up to £17.42 now, and I can buy as many as I like.

So is this legal, not including one area in the UK in special offers, but taking our money when the same items are back to full price again?

I think the answer to this question is "Yes - it is legal", just like some online sellers not delivering to places like the Isle of Man or the more far flung parts of the Scottish Highlands - and islands - is legal. 

The problem is that I don't think being resident in Northern Ireland (or the Isle of Man or Highlands of Scotland) is a protected characteristic.

Yeah ok.

Except my question was, is not offering the same reduced prices to one part of the UK as the rest legal.

The delivery aspect is another point altogether.

Although I'm pretty sure that being a Prime member I'm entitled to the same delivery services as the rest of the UK.

I understand there are "prohibited" items like phone batteries etc.

But I'm pretty sure that, unless someone soaks a vinyl record in petrol and sticks a naked flame to it, a vinyl record isn't a delivery hazard.

the answer is the discount on special offer items is derived from making deals with various delivery merchants.

they agree en-mass to delivery XXX types of items for xx period a cheaper rate. thus amazon make a postal return killing profit.

it is solely down to where you reside, i have the same problems 

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

WWW.LEGISLATION.GOV.UK

These Regulations implement Directive 2005/29/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning unfair business-to-consumer commercial practices (OJ No L 149, 11.6.2005, p22) (“the Directive”)...