What can I do about Fowler’s, Stoke-on-Trent – car dealership

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i’m am writing today just try and summarise my past experiences with the zafira tourer . 

the car arrived at our home unchecked by the dealership as we were told to run our own checks on the vehicle. after we had accepted the car on face value we noticed it had been hit in to a curb and as a result a chunk of tyre was missing on the front drivers side and no one would admit to it being done. also the company refused to pay any more that half the value for its replacement.

day two 

the engine warning light came on and it was apparent that the transmission needed servicing . however we were refused access to vauxhall dealership as they refused to pay such high prices to have the job done properly.

we then took it to a local garage who told us that there was several codes that came up that would be very expensive as it’s a lot of work regarding the transmission and the clutch needed attention and several others jobs for work that needed to be carried out on the car.

he’s best advice was to give it back. by this time we had only had the car a week or so. i’m unsure of the exact timings. after requesting a swap from the dealership we realised that they had no intention of swapping the car over as it had gone on and on and the relevant employees were never available. it was at this point we realised that no one would be prepared to take responsibility for our situation. we felt we were being both ignored and avoided. 

with in days after asking for the car to be returned the back tyres didn’t hold pressure for more than a few hours and needed attention.i took the car to national tyers who informed me it was the valve and needed replacement. also at that point they seemed shocked that the car had no locking wheel nuts. 

after getting the tyres pressure settled we both discussed the idea of keeping a vehicle rather than swapping it out on the condition that all the work would be carried out. however the constant cutting corners from the dealership to try and get things done on the cheap rather than have a garage invoice them meant that we were now at the mercy of fowlers dealership to collect the car and get the work done near them. reluctantly we await a booking for collecting our car and after three weeks we really began to believe that things would never be done.

on the advice of go car credit we went to drive it to a garage to get a list of work that needs doing and proof and cost to be able to send back. on the way the car developed a noise which felt like it was coming from under my feet. after stopping the car to try and figure out what it was i assumed it must be the transmission after all we were waiting on the work to be done. i was sadly mistaken about this amateur analysis, as the passenger side wheel came off whilst in traffic i was only able to find two bolts which have been split in half. the rac have told me that the wrong bolts had been over drilled in to the alloys with may have caused the fracture. on checking the other bolts they noticed that excessively tightened lug nuts had stripped the threads, possibly distort brake rotors, damage the wheel, and possibly shear off the lug stud. insufficiently tightened lug nuts subsequently became loose we are just lucky that the circumstances weren’t catastrophic

i have not driven the car since and i do not want the work carried out on it or wish to have it swapped with another death trap from this dealership. 

we want to come out of this financial agreement asap with the return of any money that we have had to spend out.

any advice welcome 

kind regards 

Thanks for this account – but we need more precise detail.

Can you tell us about the make model mileage price paid. Also how did you pay? Did you pay by cash? Did you pay by bank transfer? Or did you pay using finance? I gather that you may have been involved in a finance agreement to do this. If so was it a finance loan or hire purchase? What is the name of the finance company if this is what you did?

When did you buy the car?

Where is it now? Is it stored on the street or off-road?

Also, can you post a link to the website of this car dealer because there seems to be more than one dealership called Fowlers.

Also, presumably it came with an MOT. What was the date of the MOT? Was the MOT done at a garage local to the dealership or somewhere else?

Also how far away from where you live is the dealership?

They are Fowler’s in Stoke on Trent and the finance company is go car credit. Also it’s a Zafira tourer

I gave £500 deposit and £300 plus for months hire purchase,  however it is full of problems with regards to transmission and clutch and needs a lot of work.

It’s within the first 30 days and the RAC took it to lanterns car storage and they have had 3 weeks and still not collected it.

I need to take my insurance off as I have another cheap car now.

Any advice welcome

thanks again for your patience 

You haven't addressed all my questions – and it would be helpful if you do that.

You say this is within the first 30 days but you haven't given us actual dates. However if it is within the first 30 days then you must immediately send a letter of rejection to the dealer and also to the finance company informing them that you are asserting your right under the consumer rights act because the car is defective and you are rejecting it and you require a full refund of any outlay and ancillary losses and you require that they make immediate arrangements to collect the vehicle from you.

Do that straightaway. You can do it by email but best to follow up in writing and make sure it is all sent by recorded delivery.

Now I'd be very grateful if you could very simply answer the questions I put

• BankFodder changed the title to What can I do about Fowler’s, Stoke-on-Trent – car dealership

Car Finance for people with bad credit. All cars mot'd and taxed with service history, we pay first insurance, no deposit, you have nothing to pay! (fowlersfinance.com)

We got the car on the 4th June and the wheel fell off on the 1st July. The RAC recovered it to lanterns car storage and Fowler’s are aware we want them to collect it. We paid via bank statement I think also they did the MOT themselves in a place in a place in Bolton I am unable to send photos to you on here 

My apologies if I’m vague my wife has been doing a lot of it and I don’t know the exact answer.

Would you please email with her ?? ......

if not I will try my best for you .

Thanks again for your patience and help. 

The link won’t open unfortunately 

email removed from above post, we can't do that nor should you post pers details in a public forum.

get her to join this thread instead

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well I'm afraid that we need you to find the answers and to address the questions.

If you want to deal with this properly then you will have to engage with this thread properly.

If your wife is the person who is organising it all then maybe she should register under her own separate account and start posting up here instead of you.

Whatever you choose, this is not a piece of social media. We are trying to give you some serious legal advice and help you get out of the mess which you seem to have got yourself into and that means that when we asked you questions we need the answers.
It creates a lot of work when we have to keep on going back and teasing the answers out of you.

This is a free advice forum that means that you have to be able to participate fully in the discussion.

You've obviously missed a 30 day deadline – despite what you said above that it was in 30 days and so that changes think slightly.

I don't think we can do much more until you give us all the answers it's