G24 ANPR PCN - Matalan, Heathcote Rd, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent ST3 2NU ***Cancelled after MP intervention***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It'll be OK. :)  See what the others think but I would say ignoring for now is the best option. As we say, the time to swing into action is if a Letter of Claim arrives.

Has your wife read this thread? She needs to understand why trying to co-operate with these people doesn't work and can make things more complicated.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

What did she actually put on the form? would be good to see what was sent to them, as likely she has outed the driver .

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The form is a submission page so I don't have a copy of the specific details that was entered.

She has told me that she said 'what happened' and stated she wasn't the driver, simply the registered keeper of the car, which is correct, I was driving. We're not married, don't know if that makes it easier or not. It would appear the page alone is purely about acquiring information and not about giving anyone with a fair appeal the chance to resolve this. Shock.

She has emailed Jack Brereton this morning, explaining the situation and asking if he can help. 

Unfortunately, her reaction is exactly what the scam artists wanted. Partner in hospital (me), she at home with a newborn child and feeling vulnerable and intimidated and scared of people knocking on the door. 

• Like 1

people cannot knock on her door!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No letter of claim if if if one ever comes.

1 of 7 here i think. 2 did get one..norhing since

read that thread i pointed too earlier

send her its link.

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

14 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

No letter of claim if if if one ever comes.

1 of 7 here i think. 2 did get one..norhing since

read that thread i pointed too earlier

send her its link.

Dx

Will do. I think she just panicked while I was away. Forgivable. Mistakes do happen. 

It wont have harmed her much going forward really even if she did out herself or name the driver.

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly.

It's not a Letter of Claim.

Plus it's not even from the people you're in legal dispute with, it's from a disinterested third party who has as many rights to sue you as a dead hedgehog has.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 3 weeks later...

'they' are not back

just another interloper working for the same client as the rest.

ignore

dx

and they

No its not a LBA its a begging letter from a paper tiger DCA with no legal powers whatsoever.

• Like 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

This might help you. Under the new CoP rules coming in to force in their guide lines they say this

3.4 Material change – notices

Where there is any material change to any pre-existing terms and conditions that would not be immediately apparent to a driver entering controlled land that is or has been open for public parking, the parking operator must place additional (temporary) notices at the site entrance for a period of not less than 4 months from the date of the change making it clear that new terms and conditions/charges apply, such that regular visitors who might be familiar with the old terms do not inadvertently incur parking charges.

Examples of material changes can include introduction of parking enforcement where none has previously applied, introduction of time-limited free parking, or reductions in the time limit within which free parking is available. Given the need to avoid confusion and clutter at entrances the test is whether the fact that a change has been made is clearly signalled to drivers on entering the land and the nature of the change is clearly displayed thereafter - it may also be necessary to install repeater notices depending on the scale of the premises.

You will find it here 

While it is not Law as yet, I think that most Judges would use the CoP as a yardstick especially if you point out that the parking company you are dealing with is one of the so called rogues. By not already complying with the new act they are surely not one of the good guys.

In  your case they would not have known about that at the time the ticket was issued but to continue with it to court when knowing what the new sentiment in parking is all about, good judgement would have been not to proceed with the case. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some cracking news. 

MP Jack Brereton forwarded our details to Jonathan Gullis who happens to be our local MP. He got in contact with G24 who have agreed as a goodwill gesture (behave) to write this off as there are extenuating circumstances. What? You mean because we actually used the car park as a legitimate customer? Pfft.

Anyway great bit of news and two MPs actually serving their local community. Refreshing change from donkeys years of absolutely nothing. 

Have g24 confirmed this themselves in writing??

Dx

and they

• FTMDave changed the title to G24 ANPR PCN - Matalan, Heathcote Rd, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent ST3 2NU ***Cancelled after MP intervention***

Excellent, it should also help the other's on here having issues at that car aprk.