G24 ANPR PCN - Matalan, Heathcote Rd, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent ST3 2NU ***Cancelled after MP intervention***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just received a parking notice from these utter villains. I've been going to this Matalan since I was about 17 and never had an issue. Now I've been given a parking charge notice. 

I've been going this place for years without incident. At some point during the pandemic, ANPRs went up. I assume it's recent because I actually went tail end of last year.

I spent over £100 in store, was parked for 19 mins, received the parking charge notice today. 

I've spoken to Matalan who claim they have no authority to reverse the charge. I've threatened to take all the stuff back, which I might do anyway out of principal.

The notice has photographic evidence. I've not appealed. I phoned the company and had a row with them but they just said appeal. 

Please advise :(

What is the current approach here?

I've just threatened to take all the stuff back and Matalan are adamant that they can't reverse it and it's up to the company.

Help.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 Date of the infringement 9th July

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 14th July

3 Date received 16th July.

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up No

7 Who is the parking company? G24

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Matalan in Longton, Stoke.

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Waiting for missus send me a scan.

Attached PDF.

Appeals body is IAS.

convert-jpg-to-pdf.net_2021-07-16_13-24-09.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to G24 ANPR PCN - Matalan, Heathcote Rd, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent ST3 2NU

might be an idea to pop up on the relevant councils website planning portal, i severely doubt any parking times were limited to 30mins upon granting planning and ofcourse no-one can change that without council permission.

sit on your hand until/unless you get a letter of claim.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The good news is you're the sixth motorist who has put a thread on CAG over the last few months about this car park and these "utter villains" as you quite rightly call them.  No-one has paid.  No-one has been taken to court.  In fact the fleecers haven't even sent a Letter Before Action to anyone.  

Good try with Matalan.  The problem is, they might be right.  If Matalan run the car park, then they can call G24 off.  If Sports Direct do, they can.  But if the car park is run by a third party as a retail park, then Matalan and Sports Direct are powerless.  We haven't been able to find out yet who runs the car park.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

E-mail Matalan's CEO  [email protected]  and demand they call the fleecers off.

This may get you nowhere as we don't know if it's Matalan's own car park, but it has to be worth a try. 

In any event it would be useful for you and others in the same position to know who runs the damn car park.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not very confident, are they?  No news is good news.

They have sent a Letter Before Action to two of "the six of you", been told to get lost and do their worst, and so far haven't had the gonads to take anyone to court.

BTW, did you get on to Matalan's CEO?

2 minutes ago, FTMDave said:

Not very confident, are they?  No news is good news.

They have sent a Letter Before Action to two of "the six of you", been told to get lost and do their worst, and so far haven't had the gonads to take anyone to court.

BTW, did you get on to Matalan's CEO?

I did. Ignored.

Shock horror.

It helps though.  No reply strongly suggests Matalan don't run the car park.  Someone else got on to Sports Direct and were told they don't run it either.  So the landowner is some third party.

The woman who I did speak to at Matalan said it was owned by Sports Direct. I'm quite keen at this point for them to come at me and fight back. These greasy charlatans get away with it because people don't fight back.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

OK. We have a letter.

From Trace debt recovery: Your case has been passed to TRACE Debt Recovery UK Limited because you have an outstanding matter with our client G24 Limited and are demanding payment within 14 days from date of letter (30Nov). Total Payment Due £160.

There is a Note at the bottom of the page, "it is too late to appeal the original parking ticket".

Any suggestions for my next move?

Edited by OkYeah

What's unicorn food tax 🤣?

We were planning to reply with the evidence by princess roxy regarding no planning permission + the original receipt from our visit and demand no further contact. Is this futile? I'm guessing so.

I'm sure I read that others in this situation have placed a price on receipt of each letter, i.e. "for every letter received, there will be a charge of £1" or some nonsense. No idea if that works, probably not :D

These are utter clowns though. I wont' be paying.

No dont do that. Silly stuff lightly based upon freeman of the land twaddle

its better to read here than elsewhere.

and they

Just ignore it.  Despite their bluster G24 haven't dared take any of the "six of you" on CAG to court.

Keep Princees Roxy's stuff for if they did try court, they would be stupid to do so.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 3 weeks later...

important news

and they

• 3 weeks later...

So it looks like they're still chasing us. I'm in hospital and my partner has received a letter at home and is naturally fretting. She has phoned them up, explained we have a receipt and has been told to fill in a form which she's now doing online. I have no idea if this is going to put us at a disadvantage or not but as I'm not there, I can't stop it unfortunately :( I was quite happy to keep ignoring.

Here's the letter anyway:

N0gzk3M_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

You're damn right.  No way should forms be filled in and information given away to the fleecers.

Who are "them" anyway?  G24 or these Trace idiots?

Tell her simply to ignore everything

It's a scam

and they

*head in my hands*

And no surprise, they've come back this morning and rejected the appeal, so I guess that's the form they made her fill in while I wasn't here. Shock of the century. My missus has gone fully off her block on this one, has just phoned them up again ranting and raving. They've told her to send a letter to somewhere, no email, or phone number. Only a letter is allowed. 

I've told her to bloody calm down and wait until I've posted on here to get some sensible guidance.

Can we still play the ignorance game now, I.e. Ignoring the letters? I believe she provided a screenshot of the receipt we got from Matalan so they know full well we've acknowledged their letters and are were the drivers of the vehicle.

Remember people, don't go to bloody hospital. :D