parcel2go parcel damaged, paid ins, refused the claim. 'laptops are restricted item'.. please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 92 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi 

I was wondering if someone can help me out or offer some advice on a parcel that i sent through parcel2go.

when i received the parcel it was damaged and the contents of the parcels were damagged, it was laptop that was damaged.

i had paid extra for the insurance and this was actually offered by parcel2go.

i made a claim and first of all they rejected the claim on the following -  I am really sorry that your parcel was damaged Zishan, however the claim was rejected as this falls under a no protection item:

Glass Items Of Any Type - Including Glassware, Crystal, Bulbs, Screens, Fiberglass, Fish Tanks, Mirrors, Spectacles, Windows, Perspex. I do apologise for that, however we have submitted a refund for your carriage costs on this.

then i pointed out the item isnt any of those and i was told  -  This falls under Electrical Appliances - Such As Cameras, Monitors, Computers, Drones, Tvs Or Items Related To.

This item can only be covered for loss, not damage Zishan. You are asked to check and confirm your item on the list before booking.

when i got the quote for the item i sent, i clearly put the contents of the parcel as  a laptop, i was given a price for the parcel and then offered insurance to protect the parcel against loss and damaged etcz, which i took out.

nowhere was it made clear laptops arent covered for  damaged.

also i have screenshots where it clearly says all parcels are protected against loss and damage.

I feel i was misled an misinformed and i have now lost out on £500 of my laptop.

is there anything i can do

many thanks

• dx100uk changed the title to parcel2go parcel damaged, paid ins, refused the claim. 'laptops are restricted item'.. please help!

Who's the courier?

I understand that the laptop was properly declared and its value was properly declared – is this correct?

What kind of damage did it suffer?

1 hour ago, BankFodder said:

Who's the courier?

I understand that the laptop was properly declared and its value was properly declared – is this correct?

hi 

the courier was ups and the laptop was declared and its value also, it looked like the box was crushed  so the screen was crushed broken.and the top lid was bent on the laptop.

many thanks

Presumably you have kept the packaging and you have photographs of everything.

I understand that the damage is more than the screen. The actual lid – the plastic lid is bent – is that correct?

Please could you post up an image of the damage laptop and also of the packaging in PDF format.

Start reading around the Hermes stories on this sub- forum. The stories generally speaking the same whoever you are suing.

When you understand how the process works and also you have read up about the steps involved taking a small claim in the County Court, come back here and we will take you through the next step which may well be a letter of claim giving them 14 days and then you will bring a legal action.

I'm assuming that you are happy to take this step

25 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Presumably you have kept the packaging and you have photographs of everything.

I understand that the damage is more than the screen. The actual lid – the plastic lid is bent – is that correct?

Please could you post up an image of the damage laptop and also of the packaging in PDF format.

Start reading around the Hermes stories on this sub- forum. The stories generally speaking the same whoever you are suing.

When you understand how the process works and also you have read up about the steps involved taking a small claim in the County Court, come back here and we will take you through the next step which may well be a letter of claim giving them 14 days and then you will bring a legal action.

I'm assuming that you are happy to take this step

hi 

please find the attached pics

convert-jpg-to-pdf.net_2021-07-15_16-46-48.pdf

convert-jpg-to-pdf.net_2021-07-15_16-47-13.pdf

2 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Who's the courier?

hi 

the courier was ups and the laptop was declared and its value also, it looked like the box was crushed  so the screen was crushed broken.and the top lid was bent on the laptop.

many thanks

convert-jpg-to-pdf.net_2021-07-15_16-47-31.pdf

Thank you. The important thing here is that even if it was reasonable to disclaim any liability for class because of its fragility, it is clear that the laptop case – in particular the lid has been very badly deformed by some impact.
One could argue that the screen was replaceable and that anyway UPS might be protected because clearly glass is fragile, the entire laptop lid is probably not replaceable – not economically – and the fact that it contained glass has not contributed to the damage.

Do the reading that I suggested – and come back here when you are comfortable with the principles and we will go to the next step.

I would expect that you would be sending a letter of claim on Monday

2 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Who's the courier?

hi 

many thanks

3 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Thank you. The important thing here is that even if it was reasonable to disclaim any liability for class because of its fragility, it is clear that the laptop case – in particular the lid has been very badly deformed by some impact.
One could argue that the screen was replaceable and that anyway UPS might be protected because clearly glass is fragile, the entire laptop lid is probably not replaceable – not economically – and the fact that it contained glass has not contributed to the damage.

Do the reading that I suggested – and come back here when you are comfortable with the principles and we will go to the next step.

I would expect that you would be sending a letter of claim on Monday

im happy to go ahead with the claim, can you help me with the next step ?

many thanks

As I said, you should do the reading 1st to make sure that you understand the various principles, the arguments – and what will happen at mediation if it goes to mediation.

Make sure that you are familiar with it all and then draft a letter of claim and will have a look over the weekend.

There's no rush. The letter of claim can be sent out on Monday morning so the most important thing is to make sure that you are thorough and prepared

1 hour ago, BankFodder said:

As I said, you should do the reading 1st to make sure that you understand the various principles, the arguments – and what will happen at mediation if it goes to mediation.

Make sure that you are familiar with it all and then draft a letter of claim and will have a look over the weekend.

There's no rush. The letter of claim can be sent out on Monday morning so the most important thing is to make sure that you are thorough and prepared

hi 

can you send me a private message, there is a few things i need to ask you.

many thanks

Sorry but we don't do stuff by private message. Everything is in the open for your benefit and for the benefit of everybody else who visits this thread

1 minute ago, BankFodder said:

Sorry but we don't do stuff by private message. Everything is in the open for your benefit and for the benefit of everybody else who visits this thread

im not too sure on how to do this letter, im a dyslexic and am not great at writing these type of things.

5 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Who's the courier?

hi 

many thanks

Don't worry about dyslexia. Draft the letter in the best way that you can and then we will sort it out

Do the reading and you will soon find examples of how it should go

Just now, BankFodder said:

Don't worry about dyslexia. Draft the letter in the best way that you can and then we will sort it out

ok i will draft it over the weekend

many thanks

• Like 1