CC robs Current Acc ???

linnylou
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There, new to this site so please bear with me

Basically had to give up my job and leave UK about 14 months ago because my mother had a stroke whilst living abroad and my father was not coping. Have current acc, 2 x loans (one just paid off) and CC with Loyds. Some months ago the CC was suddenly frozen even though I had never missed a payment and I received no letters or anything about it, since then whenever I put some money in the current account they take it all !! to pay off the credit card, balance outstanding about £7,500 but they have just done it again on the day my Lloyds loan payment was due and my loan was not paid and another £25 non payment of loan on the account again.

Can they do this keep emptying my account without any correspondence, I am coming back to uk in June having secured a job and having got my mother well enough to travel and want to deal with this issue but properly and fairly to me.

Sorry for waffling any help greatly appreciated.

I have this happen to me all the time with the Halifax, apparently they are able to do this, I think the only way you can stop it from happening is to open another account elsewhere and pay your loan from that account, although I appreciate that may be a bit difficult if you are not in the UK at the moment.

Hi There

I have thought about that one and would love to do it but does that not involve a credit check with the new bank, who will probably see I am having problems with Lloyds at the moment.

Cheers Linnylou

Hi There,

I am in the process of setting up account with nat west.Went online and applyed for a nat west step account, few days later the forms were posted to me which I just needed to sign and return.Basic account but you can pay D/Ds and S/Os from it. May be you could put friend/relative UK address.Hope this helps.

Hi Linnylou,

If I were you I would send a DPA request to both lloyds for your current account and CC.

Also, ask the CC bitof LTSB to fax you or email you copies of all correspondence relating to the cancellation of your card and terms and conidtions where it shows they can just take the money direct from your account without consent.

I too have had this problem and now keep minimal amounts in my LTSB acct to stop this happening.

I am assuming your mail is forwarded to you, or you have a friend or relative opening post in the UK. Coudl anything have been misdriected?

LOULA

I have experienced the same problem too. Lloyds CC took £200.00 out of my account one week before christmas and two days before my loan was due to come out. Since then I have had between one and two hundred pounds worth of charges every month.

I opened an Alliance and Leicester account with my partner online with no problem (even though Lloyds refused us a joint account). I got the details of the best bank accounts on the market from Martin Lewis' website http://www.moneysavingexpert.com

I now do the same as Loula, I put just enough into Lloyds at the right time to pay both th CC and the loan.

Oh and I have also just sent off my DPA request to Lloyds.

Hi All

Thanks very much for your help, you are right in assuming I have all my mail re-directed and have received everything as far as I am aware. I only found out through internet banking that cc people had chosen to close my account, even though it was not over it,s limit and I had never missed a payment. I think it is morally wrong that on the same day my loan is due they can allow the cc people to empty the account thus creating 2 sources of debt instead of just one. Someone has said to me that if you read the small print on the reverse of your cc agreement paperwork it states they can take funds from your account without your permission, I can,t check this as I no longer have it but still wrong to me. I would have sorted this with them but by their actions I have no funds now to make any offer.

Linnylou

I am sure they cannot close your CC account without informing you as to why.

Get in touch with them asap.

Have there been any charges against the account?

I would start the DPA trail even if not so you can see what information they have held about you and have informed others about.

LOULA

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks