Naffaz v Egg - Bit of a win

naffaz

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I started a claim against egg for 6 years of overlimit charges on my credit card. Unfortunately I didn't exactly follow the correct procedure, I am a bit hasty when it comes to things like this and instead of getting the correct figures from Egg on how much I had paid in charges, I simply multilplied by 6 my charges for the last year. (Don't all berate me at once, I'm just a bit impetuous like that!)

Anyway, to cut a short story even shorter, I rushed into filing a claim with the Northampton County Court. At this point I was still claiming for £1440 +interest so it cost me £120 in court fees.

I decided to offer Egg the opportunity to settle at 75% of the fees and to my surprise they did; only they calculated my exact charges to be £420, so they will be crediting my account with £315 plus £50 court fees, which is what it would have been had I been more diligent from the start.(As it turned out, my wife reminded me that I hadn't even had the Egg card six years!!!)

I have decided to drop the case against Egg, increasing workloads and the pressures of family life mean I don't want the added hassle, even though from this offer, it is clear they know they don't really have a leg to stand on.

For everyone who is continuing to pursue Egg, good luck and if you can afford more time and effort than me, then I'm sure you'll win.

Finally I would like to thank everyone who has posted on here in particular Mcuth.icon10.gif

Hello,

I started a claim against egg for 6 years of overlimit charges on my credit card. Unfortunately I didn't exactly follow the correct procedure, I am a bit hasty when it comes to things like this and instead of getting the correct figures from Egg on how much I had paid in charges, I simply multilplied by 6 my charges for the last year. (Don't all berate me at once, I'm just a bit impetuous like that!)

Anyway, to cut a short story even shorter, I rushed into filing a claim with the Northampton County Court. At this point I was still claiming for £1440 +interest so it cost me £120 in court fees.

I decided to offer Egg the opportunity to settle at 75% of the fees and to my surprise they did; only they calculated my exact charges to be £420, so they will be crediting my account with £315 plus £50 court fees, which is what it would have been had I been more diligent from the start.(As it turned out, my wife reminded me that I hadn't even had the Egg card six years!!!)

I have decided to drop the case against Egg, increasing workloads and the pressures of family life mean I don't want the added hassle, even though from this offer, it is clear they know they don't really have a leg to stand on.

For everyone who is continuing to pursue Egg, good luck and if you can afford more time and effort than me, then I'm sure you'll win.

Finally I would like to thank everyone who has posted on here in particular Mcuth.icon10.gif

And you are boasting?

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Livelylad,

I am not boasting, I'm just informing people who may not wish to pursue a full claim that it is possible to get some money back.

What is this forum for if not to inform of all aspects of any claim?

I don't particularly like the tone of your thread.icon8.gif