VCS ANPR PCN - St Mary's Gate Retail Park, S1 4QZ

Evening all,

Some of you might remember me from my previous thread: 

VCS tried it on with me once before in 2016, back then I wrote them a snotty letter, ignored the deforestation that followed (claim form never issued) and that (so I thought) was that...until Saturday, when I receive a letter of claim from dcb legal, dated 6 July (which is coincidentally the very day after I won my previous claim against VCS) chasing me for £160 relating to an overstay in June 2016. Not sure what you do or don't need, but the sticky details from the original PCN are below and I've attached all correspondence (including the most recent letter of claim).

1 Date of the infringement - 11/06/2016

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] - 30/06/2016

3 Date received - No clue

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] N

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Y

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] N (sent them a letter - P2 of the attached - their response(s) follow)

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] Y

7 Who is the parking company? VCS (Vehicle Control Services)

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] St Mary's Gate Retail Park Car Park, Sheffield, S1 4QZ

I'll start to draft a response and will post for comment, it's likely to centre around being outside of POFA, no planning permission on site for cameras and signs and how I hope these are better than the last lot. As always, any and all advice gratefully received.

VCS Docs.pdf

Posted (edited)

Normally we suggest to not let on too much about how you would defend a claim, so Simon is left guessing and can't make up his lies to outwit you.  I would have suggested just to mention POFA, as in their tripe VCS have admitted the invoice is not POFA compliant.  However, thinking about it, what might stop them taking you to court is the thumping you recently gave them.  From their point of view you're a pain in the backside who won't pay and is prepared to go all the way to a court hearing - and win.  So how about -

Dear Yasmin and Jamie,

Re: PCN no. XXXXX

cheers for your Letter of Claim.  I creased up at the idea that you actually think motorists will read such tripe and then put their hands in their pockets and pay!

On 5 July I spent a thoroughly-enjoyable morning in front of Sheffield County Court where I gave your client, Simple Simon, an absolute thumping (PCN no. XXXXX, case no. XXXXX).  Yes, the case concerned this very same car park.

I would have thought that Simon would have learnt his lesson, but obviously not.  If he wants another kicking then fine by me.

The costs I keep getting from Simon are going in my piggy bank all to be spent on holidays in the ever-growing amount of Green List countries while laughing at his and your expense.

I look forward to your deafening silence.

COPIED TO SIMPLE SIMON; VEHICLE CONTROL SERVICES

But there's no rush, see what the other regulars think.

Obviously I don't know if your hearing was in the morning and in Sheffield, but you get my drift!

Interesting that Simon has fallen out with Elms and is now using DCBL.

BTW, did we ever find out how long the planning permission for parking at St Mary's was?  It can't be one hour.

Edited by FTMDave
Retweaking

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread