bank return prelim letter twice

steviec2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have twice sent Hsbc bank my preliminary request letter including statements and breakdown of charges and they have twice returned them to me with the following

We regret that the bank is unable to assist you with analysis of your accounts. this is not something that the bank is obliged to do under legislation, including the Data Protection Act.

your break down should be in the form of a list quoting the date, amount and description ofthe charge from your statements....

which i have done twice!! can anybody tell me if it is because i have printed it from the spreadsheet provided or are they on a wind up.

Should i proceed to the letter before action or try again with the preliminary request?

They are probably stalling. Stick rigidly to the LBA and timescales you put in place and they will find no opportunity to stll or delay with this.

I got the full £3,700 they owed me yesterday and, although it's been frustrating at times, I've got my money!

Stick with it. It will come!!!!

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

Just a word of caution stevie, don't send them your statements. you will need to hang on to those as documentary proof.

Hi Stevie,

How long was it before they replied to your prelim?

Thanks,

Lee

HSBC - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 30/10/06

07/11/06 - Letter refunding cheque and informing statements will be along shortly.

08/11/06 - Statements from Jan-2001 to Jan-2004 rec'd. Requested more but am waiting.

09/11/06 - Sending of prelim request for refund! £913.50

27/11/06 - Letter from Royal Mail, original prelim lost in post!!

06/12/06 - Another prelim sent :(

19/12/06 - Reply from Mr Langdale saying complaint received and that I'll have a proper response by 5th January 07....

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 31/10/06

Sent off prelim for £392.00 - All adds up I suppose! 06-12-06

Partial Offer received 19/12/06 - £152, offer accepted as part settlement only......

GE Capital Bank - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 31/10/06

Store card account. Charges approx £200, prelim being sent off in the new year!