Just a quicke....ahem!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Shaun

They will acknowledge within about 7 days and you will have your money within 14 days of acknowledgement.

Flip of a coin literally if you will have the money for Xmas

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

That is if you are lucky. I have had the run around by Halifax. I filed my claim on the 26th October. The Halifax didnt acknowledge my claim in time, I had to ring them to get them to do it. They had to file a defence by the 27th November and guess what? On the 5th December I had to ring them again. They are not going to file a defence but pay me either today or tomorrow. So that is over 6 weeks since I filed.

But it does seem that if they acknowledge in time then file a defence quickly you do get your money quicker.

They will acknowledge within about 7 days and you will have your money within 14 days of acknowledgement.

I would recommend that you read the Halifax forum and spend some time reading the other threads and learn more about what you are getting into.

Halifax does not just automatically give money back - it can take a great deal longer than is indicated above.

My claim was filed in October, a little more than 14 days have passed since they acknowledged.

Once you have filed a claim, the defendant has 14 days from the date of service, which is not the day you file, but usually a few days later, to file an Acknowledgement of Service where they will indicate that they either agree with your claim and agree to pay, dispute your claim and intend to defend, or dispute part of the claim. Once they have done this, they get a further 14 days to file a defence, which they will probably do.

Further, in many cases recently Halifax have been missing these claims altogether, for whatever reason and you will find yourself in the position of having to either file for a default judgement or giving extra time for them to acknowledge your claim.

The Court will notify you if and when Halifax file an Acknowledgement and my advice would be to wait until then or until the 14 days from date of service have expired, whichever is sooner, then come back here if you are unsure of what to do next.

• Haha 1

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Hag

It wasnt an actual guidance it was a generalisation of what is the norm to happen. It is actually listed on another site as a sticky as this is what you can expect.

I have claimed on 4 of my own accounts, 7 in total. Every one was settled without the Halifax even posting a defence as they had paid

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

I know its an outside forum but I dont think the mods will mind

It certainly isn't 'the norm' - it is possible to receive money back that quickly, but pretty unlikely. If you read round some threads in the successes forum you will see how long it takes on average between start and finish.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

May I ask what was the problem with the link I posted.