Yodel Problem **RESOLVED** with refund and compo !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning

I  recently  decided to  purchase 2 items from George ( ASDA ) Online, thought be easier and quicker then me going to the store!

I chose yesterday for delivery, am sure it was for a time slot but anyhow, I got email from Yodel stating the items ( 2 school jumpers and a paddling pool, cost £30 altogether ) would be delivered between half past 6 and half past  8 ( pm)

I waited and waited and nothing, I then checked my emails to find they had been delivered at 7.30pm but not to me, it has my address on it but I have searched my drive, garden and no  card through door, nothing.

I rang the Asda free phone number, logged the complaint, been told I should hear back  within 24/48 hours.

I am also going to go to my local Asda today to chase it up!

The trouble is there is another street  with the same name and very similar post code to me and nearly everyone goes   there! am sure the items had be signed for as well, am not impressed.

First time done this and prob be the last!

, is there anything else I can do, seems Yodel customer services are not open today nor is web chat available!

Thank you

Sandy

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

hi Ethel, 

as I was in all the time with windows open etc I would have seen the van, but no one turned up and no card wa sput through my door

Sandy x

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

But the driver may have delivered to the wrong road. Surely it's worth visiting the relevant address to see if they rec'd your items.

Do this, then come back and report please.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

hi Slick, the email said it had been delivered to my address!

The other address is in Sandiacre and I am  on border Toton and Long Eaton!  Erewash council  etc but Nottinghamshire  post code!

Yes, I know what the email said but clearly the items were NOT delivered to your address.

That's why I suggested visiting the "other" address which you said above "nearly everyone goes there".

That's why I thought a visit might be worthwhile.

• Like 1

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

thank you slick,

I got home yesterday to find one parcel thrown over my fence and a  card put through my door! Nothing about the  pool!

I will see if I can get someone to take me to the other address as it is bit far too walk, lol

Sandy

So the email from Yodel saying the items were delivered at 7.30pm on the initial day was wrong !

Maybe still a chance the pool will turn up as well.

Time to get back onto George/Asda about Yodel and the keep us posted.

To say sorry for the problem with your delivery we refunded your delivery charge of £4.50.

This will be with you within 3 to 5 working days.

We will work hard to ensure this does not happen again

What I got from George! was told it is still being investigated and will hear from them asap

Sandy

Sounds like it's getting sorted for you, even though you don't know what happened to the pool.

Keep us posted further .............

• Like 1

UPDATE

After a lot of stress and numerous calls/emails etc  I have been give a full refund and a £5  e-voucher!

It took a lot of work and stress, George.com rang me   to say sorry, my parcel was somewhere in the warehouse! this was Wednesday I think and it would be out for delivery asap, I refused and said no I asked for a delivery day and paid extra for it, plus where are the school jumpers! The said they had been delivered and put over a fence! 

I did have a card put through my door but have not found this parcel  and asked several neighbours, my gate is bolted as well, I was told also they are supposed to either leave a parcel with a neighbour or take it back!

I asked for a refund and they said ok order is cancelled , next morning I get an email to say my parcel was out for delivery!

I had contact them again to ask why and said   I do not want it, all was told is refuse delivery! when asked why it was coming the reply was  it was  already on the van!

The email stated delivery between 12 and 2pm, it arrived at 3.30pm, box was damaged and delivered in a car, I refused delivery and explained to the driver why, she said it was awful               how they had treated me, she is employed by Yodel!

Anyhow, I have checked my bank account and the refund is now in, I will not use the delivery service again, just click and collect!

Thanks for the help and sorry this is so long

Sandy xx

• slick132 changed the title to Yodel Problem **RESOLVED** with refund and compo !!

Hi Snowy,

Thanks for the update and delighted at the refund and compo.

Thread title updated to reflect your WIN 👍

• Like 1

tyvm

made a donation as well to this group xx :)

• Thanks 1

............ which, as always, is very much appreciated, thank you.

• Like 1

yw, can anyone tell me if it has been received please 

• Thanks 1

I'll try to check, then confirm but probs tomoz ............

• Like 1

Thanks Slick

Yes, safely received thanks.

brill, ty x