UKCPS CCTV PCN - no stopping - Gateway House, Piccadilly, Manchester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Appealing is a bad idea, UKCPS never, ever accept appeals - ever.

Can you tell us, briefly, what went on and how you got this ticket?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Incident happened on 16th June.

Driving to pre-booked parking but road closures on Ducie street and needed to turn around as couldn't go in the direction requested by sat nav.

Turned into 1st road on left which was Gateway house, didn't realise it was private land and didn't see notices.

Couldn't U-turn as car behind and barrier ahead - pulled over for safety to let cars enter what was a car park.

Noticed people entering station.

Re-programmed my sat nav to find the correct car park at Piccadilly Place, allowed my passengers to get out as didn't know how far I was from my car park - this was not the original intention to drop passengers off but it seemed sensible since we were in the right area and my parents are elderly.

I didn't leave the car, u-turned and exited to find my car park which was less than 1 minute away on foot. Wasn't in the private ground for anymore than 4/5 mins max. Their cameras show 4 pictures timed at 10:09:09 to 10:10:31.

I appealed the initial PCN explaining road closures, genuine error and sent copies of my pre-booked parking, train tickets etc and of passengers disembarking.

Received response today rejecting but offering discounted price £60 for 14 days but if I opted to appeal to  independent appeal service and they rejected the fine would be £100.

One of the pictures does show signage but it was 20 feet at least from the car and I didn't notice it at the time nor could I have read all the details in the time I spent there as I was more focussed on re-setting the sat nav

I know now I shouldn't have appealed the original notice and that I gave them too much detail but I genuinely thought honest was the best policy. 

Is it worth appealing to the IAS or should I just pay up

Don't worry, this place is well known to us.  I've just checked and we have 13 other motorists in the same position.  None of them have paid a penny.  None of them have been taken to court.

Don't appeal to the IAS - they are crooks.  The IPC parking association, the IAS and the firm of solicitors most involved with these cases - are all run by the same people.  No conflict of interest there!  The IAS never, ever accept appeals - ever.

In fact it's a shame you appealed to UKCPS as you'll have outed yourself as the driver and lost your POFA protection.

BTW, what you have received is not a fine, it's an invoice from a private company, UKCPS don't have the power to issue fines.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• FTMDave changed the title to UKCPS MNPR PCN - no stopping - Gateway House, Piccadilly, Manchester

Please fill in the forum sticky

Then over the weekend use the time you would have spent on appealing to the IAS to read some threads by motorists in the same position as you at Gateway House.  You'll get a good idea of what will happen  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/search/?q=Gateway House&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=65&search_in=titles

I've tried to upload all the details in one PDF but it keeps rejecting and says 

parking.pdf

I think I've managed to upload now and I will research over the weekend as per your suggestion

1 Date of the infringement 16/06/212

Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 18/06/213

Date received 19/06/214

Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Y but not schedule 4 instead it states Made under the Protection of Freedom Act 20125

Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Yes

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] Yes

7 Who is the parking company? UKCPS

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Gateway House Piccadilly, Manchester

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. UKCPS and IAS

Thanks for uploading everything so quickly.

You did what any reasonable person would do - explained the extraordinary circumstances and expected UKCPS to cancel.  Unfortunately UKCPS are one of the most dishonest and most money-grabbing of the PPCs and were never going to accept your appeal.  You also told them you were the driver, previously they didn't know who was driving the car and had written to you as the keeper.  Just learn for the future not to appeal if you ever get another of these invoices.

However, never fear, there are about a million other reasons why their claim would be chucked out if they did try court, as you'll see from the other threads.  In fact that's why they haven't dared take any of the other 13 motorists to court, because they know they have no right to claim this money and they would get a hammering in court.

• dx100uk changed the title to UKCPS CCTV PCN - no stopping - Gateway House, Piccadilly, Manchester

Thanks for that Dave-I didn't see that.

I have looked at the PCN and it does not comply with  PoFA 9 ] [2] [  a]    and 9] [f]

On 9] the creditor MUST  state 

in 2] 

[a] it is the period of parking since it was not parked and a period of parking must have a start time and a finish time . They have only quoted one time so they have not complied with PoFA -mainly becuse your car was not parked.

and 2] 

[f] they have missed a vital piece off  viz. "(if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met)"

I know it sounds like nit picking but in Law when it states " must" then those words have to be included. 

And no doubt that as time progresses we will find that they have not complied with all the applicable conditions.

Already there are two on the NTK and it would surprise me if they have planning permission.

• 1 month later...

As long as its not a letter of claim with a reply pack..correct..always ignore

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks,

I received the attached demand from Debt Recovery,

I suspect around 20/8/21 but due to death in family I didn't do anything with it as more pressing matters.

I'm not sure if this is the letter I respond to with a snotty letter or if I just ignore.

Your advice as usual will be greatly appreciated

- head is all over the place at the moment so sorry if you've told me the answer before.

2021-08-18 DR+ chasing.pdf

Don't worry, debt collecting agencies have no power to do anything because it's not their debt.

Standard hot air from paper tigers.

Relax & ignore.

even if it is the dca's debt...still doesn't give them any legal powers

they are not bailiffs on ANY debt no matter what it's type

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I've now received a further 4 letters from DRP since my last post in sept but ignored all. However, I'm not sure if I was right to ignore.

I have attached the latest letter and the first after my last post. The latest letter was received on 5th Nov. Can you advise how I should respond to this what appears to be final letter before taking me to court. I could do without any hassle as I'm not in the right mind set at the moment

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Additional Info

Just for clarity - Page 1&2 is the last letter received, page 3 & 4  were sent 15/9 and received 20/9 and was immediately following the letter uploaded previously.

All of  the  letters are similar but with subtle changes. I can upload these if you think it may be relevant. The changes mainly appear on the Pay now page and involve an increase to the number of payment deadlines that have passed and a change on the 2nd page on case monitoring activity e.g eligible to legal activity in the earlier letters to now stating Terminal contact.

The frequency of the letters also appears to have moved from monthly to fortnightly.

terminal contact 6Nov 21.pdf