Lost Laptop sent through hermes booked via Parcel 2 go

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i sent the laptop for repair which was under warranty, the seller said they don't cover postage for repairs so i have to sent by my own. the laptop worth £250 I declared at the time of booking, didn't buy their ridiculous extra protection as laptops were already in the list of non compensation items. i dropped off at parcel shop on 22/06/21, its been 10 days and no tracking after dropped off, (parcel shop person says it was picked up same day) contacting Hermes is a nightmare, I have been only told by email they are inquiring and have to wait 24-48 hours(already passed).

Now as i assume the parcel is most probably lost. and I am fully prepared to fight for full compensation. I am looking for a step by step guide how to start for my claim. 

Hi, i sent the laptop for repair which was under warranty, the seller said they don't cover postage for repairs so i have to sent by my own.

the laptop worth £250 I declared at the time of booking, didn't buy their ridiculous extra protection as laptops were already in the list of non compensation items.

i dropped off at parcel shop on 22/06/21, its been 10 days and no tracking after dropped off, (parcel shop person says it was picked up same day) contacting Hermes is a nightmare,

I have been only told by email they are inquiring and have to wait 24-48 hours(already passed).

Now as i assume the parcel is most probably lost. and I am fully prepared to fight for full compensation.

I am looking for a step by step guide how to start for my claim. 

Thanks

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured in order to make it readable

The first thing you will need to do is to put your claim into Hermes. Give them a reasonable time to deal with it – but no longer than 10 days or 14 days and if either they give you no response or they simply decline, then we will help you to the next step which will be to threaten and then to bring a County Court claim.

There is no doubt but that you will have to bring a court claim.

Please read some of the many stories on this sub- forum about people recovering their money from Hermes. You will follow pretty well the same route.

If you read the stories then you will understand what to do, the arguments involved, how Hermes will defend and also you get a very good idea of how we will support you through the journey.

However, begin by making your formal complaint to Hermes – in writing. This can be by email. Not by telephone.

Separately, you sent a laptop for repair under warranty to a seller who refused to cover postage.
Which seller was this? How long had you had the laptop? What is its value?
Under the consumer rights act you would be entitled to have the laptop in a satisfactory condition for a reasonable period of time and if there were any defects then it would be for the seller to reimburse you.

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

Its been 10 days since i posted and not trackable, should i make formal complaint to hermes or parcel2go ? and how can i do that please can you guide.

i purchased the laptop from a ebay a company that sells refurbished laptops, it came with a one year warranty. i  purchased it in November 2020 , when i told them  about the fault they told me to send it for repair and they dont cover postage for repairs, please guide me for my rights in this case aswell, how i a covered in consumer rights act.

thanks

Edited by dx100uk
no action taken ignore

As you have used the parceltogo, you are spoilt for choice as to who eventually to sue. I would suggest that you make simultaneous complaints to each of them. And see what happens. They will both decline liability and of course it will be on the basis that you had no insurance, that these were no compensation items – et cetera. But you need to get their refusal in writing if possible or as I've said, at least leave them a reasonable time.

So a simple email outlining what has happened and the fact that the item has been lost. Make sure you include reference number and simply tell them that you want the declared value of the item which I understand is £250.

Don't tell each one that you have made a simultaneous complaint to the other. See if they refer to it after their "investigation".

In terms of your rights under the Consumer Rights Act, I'm afraid that you won't be able to enforce those as you no longer have the laptop. Anyway, enforcing rights against eBay dealers is often very difficult because they are difficult to find.
What did the laptop actually cost you?

Okay. Then follow the advice I've given. Make the complaints, do the reading and come back here in 10 or 14 days

Hi, today i am going to put formal complaint to hermes and parcel2go as its 14 days todays since i dropped my parcel and no tracking since then.

can i get some help as in what exactly to put in complaint

Fine.

It's time to send the letter of claim. You will find a few examples on this sub- forum – the Hermes stories.

Put one together and then post a draft here we'll have a look.

i dont fully understand is the letter of claim the formal complaint form, do i not need to put formal complaint first, i couldnt find the sample draft for letter of claim

Thanks

please have a look at the letter of claim i have drafted. also advise should it go by post or by email. 

is there any additional form i need to attach with like i have seen some examples of reply form. 

Thanks 

letter of claim.pdf

That's fine. You might want to check your spelling/use of the word "peruse". Also some paragraph spacing might make it easier for people to read.

So send that. You then have 14 days. Use the 14 days to register onto the County Court money claim website and then start charting your claim. Put up your draft particulars of claim here for us to have a look. Once again, you will see lots of these on this sub- forum.

Also continue your reading and make sure you understand the steps involved taking a small claim in the County Court.

No you should wait until that procedure has happened. I must have misunderstood because I thought that you had already reached that point.

So give them their seven days. Of course they will refuse you so have everything ready

i have received the response from parcel2go that  search was unsuccessful and enquiry will now be progressed to the claim which they have mentioned will only be what was covered ( i didn't opt for insurance) so believe i should send the letter of claim now. 

i am not able to find an email address to send the formal complaint, can i get the email address if previously some one has sent them,

i can see the option of sending complaint through resolver can i use that forum to send the complaint? or the only option is sending through post. 

Looking forward for the advise

Edited by dx100uk
docx file not redacted.

Resolver is a completely different dispute resolution process. Many people try them. Sometimes they succeed but very often they don't. Resolver simply tries to negotiate a settlement but I'm not aware that they have ever encouraged or help people to court action.

By and large we tend to find that resolver tends not to succeed in complaints against Hermes or the other courier companies.

If you decide to get a resolver, then you need to realise that you are taking a completely different route and it won't have anything to do with us.

If you want to send a letter of claim then I expect that they have got an email address somewhere or else you could simply send it by post to their registered office. If you send by post then send it recorded delivery

I would definitely go with small claims then as i have in this forum people succeeding with that route. I was not aware how resolver works. go do you think its time for me to send letter of claims as they have informed me that search was unsuccessful and will only offer me what was covered however they have not yet offered me anything , should i wait for that or send the letter of claims now ? 

If you have actually gone ahead and started another process then you have to let it finish. You can't just go ahead and begin a process and then start issuing court claims when you haven't allowed that process to finish

In your letter of claim, refer to the offer and reject it and then tell them either they pay up all of it in 14 days or you will sue

you should not be using email....

you need a papertrail from now on should you issue a court claim 

you do realise all your personal details show in word ??

file / info/properties

hidden

use PDF only

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, just wanted to provide an update.

i received the reply from parcel2 go next day after i sent them them the letter of claim, that was usual expected one (see the screenshot 1in the PDF)

Today i have received another response from them offering me £100 as a goodwill gesture (see snapshot 2 in the PDF) which i dont want to accept and still want to claim my full compensation.

so i will be asking them to provide me full compensation in reply to this email. any suggestions ? 

reply from Parcel 2 go.pdf

Dear XXX

Reference number XXX

Letter of Claim

thank you for your message dated XXX and thank you for your offer of £100 which you have made as a gesture of goodwill.

You should understand that you need my goodwill – I don't need yours. What I need from you is a proper standard of service and I am not interested in receiving bonbons from you.

You are going on about your so-called insurance requirement. We both fully understand that this is an unfair term under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and therefore unenforceable. If you think that I am going to pay some insurance to protect you from your own negligence or from the criminality of your employees then then you have another think coming.

If I don't receive reimbursement in full within 14 days of this letter then I shall sue you in the County Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

Sorry, I had forgotten that you had already sent a letter of claim.

In that case

Dear XXX

Reference number XXX

Thanks for your reply to my letter of claim dated XXX.

I gave you 14 days and the clock is still ticking.

Tick-tock tick-tock…

Signed